• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Get-together 2013 - Germany

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Now I really wish I could be coming, but alas, I highly doubt that I can - not with my student budget and my master’s thesis that I’ll be writing this summer.

Well, never lose hope Wink

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Luna Sevithiainen - 01 May 2013 03:40 PM

I agree, Jelena, but maybe not as much when it has to fit three people with luggage for a long drive.
By the way, are you also joining?

I don’t plan on joining. Ever since my children moved out I’m having them as priority one when it comes to travelling. And we’re going to France (including a short stop in Enschede N.L) as well as up north (Sweden) in July so there won’t be much time or money left for me to spend on other trips.

And now my daughter threatens to study Japanese in Tokyo for six months…

And about tsa’s car, I’d minimize my luggage just to be able to travel in that car. Just saying… Wink

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

She will have to minimize her body as well. There is hardly a back seat to speak of in my car. The three of us drove through Utrecht in it once and I think the girls have seen enough of it since then.

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

tsa - 02 May 2013 12:13 PM

She will have to minimize her body as well. There is hardly a back seat to speak of in my car. The three of us drove through Utrecht in it once and I think the girls have seen enough of it since then.

Pssst that was with Maruca and me Wink
Not that it really matters, my better half is not smaller than she is. Soooo, our car it is then?

@Jelena: hmmm that’s too bad. It would be nice to see you again.

@Up: Finish your thesis early, win the lottery, and join? Who else has to teach me Finnish. Tongue

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I distinctly remember going with you and your significant other going to the movies in Utrecht. We went to see Sherlock, don’t you remember? We parked at the Janskerkhof. I went with you and Maruca from Enschede to Huizen once. But Maruca is so small that that was no problem Tongue.

Jelena & Luna: how about we make a small get-together when Jelena is here in July?

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

tsa - 02 May 2013 03:52 PM

Jelena & Luna: how about we make a small get-together when Jelena is here in July?

Would be great, but we’re only staying the one night, arriving the 20th of July. Then the roadtrip continues.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That will be a short get-together then! Wink At least I can show you some of Enschede. And my house of course.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Mrs Urhan would like to know where the nearest railway station is. She’s the one in the household that always plans our travelling as she is best at searching out the good routes and prices.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Wow, I don’t check this for a week, and the thread explodes! ^_^ I am so glad that you two are coming, Luna. Yay! And we still have space in Johannes’ parents bus, so a trip to Lindenfels will still be easily possible.

stepurhan - 04 May 2013 02:54 AM

Mrs Urhan would like to know where the nearest railway station is. She’s the one in the household that always plans our travelling as she is best at searching out the good routes and prices.

Well, the German public transport system is quite affordable, and well developed (that’s what Talas, and many others from other countries said when they visited for the Football World Championship a few years back). The next train station to the Felsenmeer would be Bensheim, or Auerbach. From there it is best to take a bus. They have the exact line at the website (with google translate): Felsenmeer Information.

Like I said, the public transport service is rather affordable here in Germany. I was really surprised at how expensive travelling by train is in the UK. Luckily my sister came with us to Hastings, so we could use her car, or we would not have been able to do much else all without money for the rest of the days we were there (We would have been stuck in Hatfield Tongue ).

Also, I think that one of those lines goes through Darmstadt too.

The next biggest stations will be Darmstadt and Frankfurt am Main.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Ta muchly.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Can I make the nametags again? I like doing that Smile.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Do you have a sort of plan for the get-together already Jazz? Like when we do what?

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

tsa - 15 May 2013 04:11 PM

Can I make the nametags again? I like doing that Smile.

Sure. Grin

As for the exact plan, I was thinking of visiting the Felsenmeer first, as it gets chilly there quickly towards the evening. Later we’d drive to Lindenfels and maybe do a tour of the castle or something, and maybe visit the dragon museum. I think Saturday would be the best day for the general meeting as everyone will probably be here by then.

Also, if anyone of you wants to come a bit earlier and do something else while already here, just tell me beforehand so we can arrange something.

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So, did anyone book a hotel yet? Which one?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Update for me: the missus has to work on that day (Saturday August 10th), so she won’t be joining. Frown

But on the other hand, while driving to Austria two weeks ago, we stopped in Frankfurt am Main (which is only 20 km from the Get-Together), and that’s really only a 4-and-a-half hour drive (with breaks but not counting traffic jams of which I don’t think there’ll be any).
So the idea is - if it’ll be doable considering Mrs. MovieMan’s condition then - that I’d drive up there early morning, so I can get to spend the day with you guys, and I’d drive back at night.

So no hotel stay for me, but at least you can chalk me up as “will most likely be present”. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top