• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your latest splurges!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2003-11-06

PM

DrJones - 30 April 2013 03:16 AM

Wow, the lightsaber is just too cool!!! May I ask how much it was and where you got it from?

Quite expensive—- just under $2000—- but this particular hilt is one-of-a-kind in that it was the prototype for a run of Vader’s Vault Starkillers that was done 3 years ago and is currently in its 2nd limited run (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=32887.0 )

I bought this from a fellow fx-sabers member

More info here if interested:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30420.0
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39032.0

My pics thread:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39934.0

And here is the link, and Vid link, to the first hilt built from the 2nd run:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39095.0

My latest pick-ups: just the second part of Secret files: Puritas Cordis for DS. Hope to grab tons more (games, merchandise etc) when I visit the United States in June. New York seems like a good place to go game-hunting Wink I even took part in a green-card lottery and if I am among the lucky winners, I will move there sometime soon Smile Anyone who is interested can read more here Smile

Nice pick-ups btw!

P.S.

If you’re interested, there is a project that envisions Dooku’s lightsaber had he not fallen to the dark side of the Force.

As I am involved in the run myself, I’m simply doing my part and sharing this to you and any others you think may have a vested interest.  If you do, great; and if not, thanks for looking but I do hope you pass this along to others who may want to get involved in the Kickstarter project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1531514770/makashi-renegade-custom-led-lightsaber

The fellows over at Saberworks have started a Run/Kickstarter Project for a Jedi Master Dooku lightsaber.  The production version of the saber will be made from aluminium and the package will include one complete Makashi Renegade with black anodized grip and permanent mirror finish. It will have a media blast accent on the step downs behind the chamber/overlay and the ring in the middle will be polished brass. The covertec knob will be polished brass as well as the buttonhead accents in the pommel. The emitter will hold a 1 inch or 7/8 inch custom polycarbonate blade.

Depending on the package selected the saber will be using the Plecter Labs Crystal Focus (CF) 6.10 or Petit Crouton 2.0 for controlling the LEDs and sound. Main LED and custom 7 color SMD LED bar-graph are controllable with a feature called R.I.C.E. (Real-Time Internal Configuration Editor) that gives you the ability to set the configuration of the lights in real time through a program on the computer. For sound clarity and depth of field a 3watt 4ohm speaker will be used… For size comparison look to the static MR Anakin from AToC. This saber will be comparable to that in size and finish.  Available in 5 LED color options ...

Option A - Tri Cree GGW green with white flash.

Option B - Tri Cree BBW blue with white flash.

Option C - Tri Cree RRW red with white flash.

Option D -Tri Cree RBW purple with white flash.

Option E - Tri Cree RGB multi color setup includes Plecter Labs Color Xtender (CeX)

Also included in the package will be a custom emitter plug, custom saber stand and custom name plaque.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S Advance for my parents. I will give it to my mother for mother’s day and because her old phone broke down after many many years.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

There is one of these, a 1994 Lincoln Town Car

for sale at a very reasonable price on the way to my Mom’s house.  Thus far I’ve been strong and haven’t stopped to look at it more closely, but it’s only a matter of time before I crumble.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Is it the lack of wood paneling on the outside that is stopping it being an instant buy.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

With TimovieBaby on the way, it’s time to start saying goodbye to my beloved Mazda2…

... and to say hello to the new Nissan Qashqai that TimovieWife and me just bought. Delivery will be sometime in June.

The difference in trunk size is enormous, and that’s a necessity given how large a (folded!) baby stroller is (and how many other things you also need to take with you when traveling with a baby)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 02 May 2013 02:15 AM

Is it the lack of wood paneling on the outside that is stopping it being an instant buy.

In a manner of speaking, yes it is.  If the Town Car in question was a full-size wagon of similar condition and price, it would already be mine.  I like big American sedans, but I need something with more cargo space than a sedan such as a station wagon, pickup truck, or minivan.  Heck, if I found one at the right price with the right equipment I’d even consider a full-sized van.  But one like this, a 1991 Mercury Colony Park (the last year for the type) would be ideal-

All the comfort and convenience of a luxury sedan up front with all the floor space of a minivan in the back and with the extra added bonus of several lockable and commodious storage compartments to keep tools and other valuables away from prying eyes.

The other problem I have with the Town car is a silly one: It is the same shade of red as the one in the picture I posted, and I really prefer any other color besides red for cars.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just plurged on all the Dark Fall games, all the Black Mirror games, Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin and Sherlock Holmes and the case of the Silver Earring. That should be enough to get me through the year! Smile

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

TimovieMan - 02 May 2013 12:31 PM

... and to say hello to the new Nissan Qashqai that TimovieWife and me just bought. Delivery will be sometime in June.

The difference in trunk size is enormous, and that’s a necessity given how large a (folded!) baby stroller is (and how many other things you also need to take with you when traveling with a baby)...

It’s funny how with babies you might at first you think “Ah, they don’t take much space”, but then you realise how with all the luggage, even without a stroller (my mother used to simply use those long strips of cloth to wrap us onto her back or breast), they take up much more space in a car than anyone else.

- Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I grew up in the 70s and back then we had those small (for today’s standards) Simca 1100s with which we drove everywhere with me and my brother in the back. No problems! So it’s also a culture thing to drag so much stuff with you when you have a baby, I think.

From http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/07/curbside-classics-1971-small-cars-comparison-number-2-—-simca-1204/

Those cars were amazingly bad. My father bought a new one every three years, and you could stick your finger through the metalwork of the old one then because it rusted so much. I still wonder why he always bought the same model back.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 06 June 2013 11:55 AM

I still wonder why he always bought the same model back.

I’ll take a stab in the dark: because it was cheap?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 06 June 2013 12:03 PM
tsa - 06 June 2013 11:55 AM

I still wonder why he always bought the same model back.

I’ll take a stab in the dark: because it was cheap?

I think it would be cheaper to spend a bit more on a good car and keep it for longer instead of buying a new one every three years. But maybe he didn’t have that much money.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like your new car, Tim!  My spouse and I like red vehicles.  We have a 2000 Miata convertible and a 2007 Saturn Vue, which carries quite a bit and gets good mileage. 

Sage,
I wouldn’t want to feed that beast!  When we were kids, my parents had a used Chevy woody station wagon.  It was great for taking the whole family to the drive-in movies.

tsa,
I think all those games will keep you out of trouble for a while.  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 06 June 2013 12:49 PM

I like your new car, Tim!  My spouse and I like red vehicles.  We have a 2000 Miata convertible and a 2007 Saturn Vue, which carries quite a bit and gets good mileage.

The good part is: you see quite a few Qashqais driving around, but they’re always either white, black, grey or blue.
Of over 100 Qashqais spotted since contemplating buying one, we’ve only seen one other red one, and that was in Austria… Tongue

We’re trying to make do with just one car, though. The missus can use a company car if she needs one, and I’m actually within biking distance from work… Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just picked this up.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thank you for buying a car that’s made in Belgium… Wink Thumbs Up

Edit: whoops, scratch that. I’m thinking of the wrong model. It’s not that one that’s made in Genk…  Sealed Lips

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top