• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Luhr28 - 29 April 2021 09:48 PM

When one of your pluses is the absence of game breaking bugs, you know you’re onto a winner.

Grin Stone cold but it made me laugh.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

When one of your pluses is the absence of game breaking bugs, you know you’re onto a winner.

So true, I hope the game is German and was at first voiced in German and then the English translation was added later. It’s like an art house film dubbed in English.

Anyway, it’s not a bad game experience, some of the puzzles were actually fun to solve.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 30 April 2021 08:19 AM

So true, I hope the game is German and was at first voiced in German and then the English translation was added later. It’s like an art house film dubbed in English.

Anyway, it’s not a bad game experience, some of the puzzles were actually fun to solve.

Heart

Sorry, I can’t resist, I just love smashing this game.
In A New Beginning, calling the occasional crash a ‘game breaking bug’ is like calling a dented pot in the scullery of a pirate ship that’s been riddled with cannonballs, set afire, and boarded by an angry army of zombie ghost pirates a ‘ship breaking dent.’

By the way, perhaps it functions better on an iPad, but playing on a very clean Windows 10 PC, the game crashed on me at least 3 times, usually when transitioning from gameplay to cutscene or cutscene to gameplay.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sorry, I can’t resist, I just love smashing this game.
In A New Beginning, calling the occasional crash a ‘game breaking bug’ is like calling a dented pot in the scullery of a pirate ship that’s been riddled with cannonballs, set afire, and boarded by an angry army of zombie ghost pirates a ‘ship breaking dent.’

By the way, perhaps it functions better on an iPad, but playing on a very clean Windows 10 PC, the game crashed on me at least 3 times, usually when transitioning from gameplay to cutscene or cutscene to gameplay.

Yea, that is one advantage the Ipad has, it’s very stable, never crashes and the touch screen is a blast to play with.

I heard that the original title of the game was “A New Beginning for Plan 9 from Outer Space” but the game publisher was threatened with a lawsuit from the Woods Estate. I bet they didn’t want their movie to be associated with this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

To be fair, they probably don’t want the Plan 9 brand associated with *any* game, unless it is one of their own official license and affiliation.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

The Disaster Artist: A New Beginning wasn’t available? Tongue (I know the movie is later than the game but I couldn’t resist…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 30 April 2021 03:20 PM

The Disaster Artist: A New Beginning wasn’t available? Tongue (I know the movie is later than the game but I couldn’t resist…)

That is VERY FUNNY, how about “A New Beginning 2: The Room.” The stunning sequel to “A New Beginning for Plan 9 from Outerspace.”

Heart

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Adv_Lvr - 01 May 2021 08:21 AM
walas74 - 30 April 2021 03:20 PM

That is VERY FUNNY, how about “A New Beginning 2: The Room.” The stunning sequel to “A New Beginning for Plan 9 from Outerspace.”

Heart

Great, they will complete the trilogy with “Sharknado: A New Beginning”...

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Great, they will complete the trilogy with “Sharknado: A New Beginning”.

Shouldn’t that be “Sharknado 3: A New Beginning”.

Wink

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Man y’all buried this game so bad it shouldn’t be called a new beginning but Tales from the Crypt PS the game still sucks badly

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Baron_Blubba - 30 April 2021 02:34 PM

To be fair, they probably don’t want the Plan 9 brand associated with *any* game, unless it is one of their own official license and affiliation.

There actually is Plan 9 from Outer Space adventure game!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/plan-9-from-outer-space

Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Doesn’t look half bad either! I mean…I was expecting much much worse. Wonder if it’s available legally anywhere.

The attached screenshot reminds me of the bar from Rise of the Dragon. Although I suppose there are only so many ways you can effectively shoot a bar scene in a first person adventure game.

Image Attachments

16E151DB-378B-404C-AB44-90E1DDC6A980.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

When I read AG’s review of Unmemory I immediately wanted to play it. Interactive fiction that is not a text adventure? Sold! A good Mystian game is still welcome and every once in a while I also enjoy a traditional 3rd-person adventure with dialogue- and inventory-based puzzles, but there have been so many indies with novel ideas in the past 6 or 7 years and I’m always looking for something different.

I’ve never played anything like Unmemory before and it was a great experience. Scrolling text with pics, video clips, sounds, even some voices, but no text input, everything is done with the mouse. You progress by clicking on a part of the text or by solving one of the many puzzles. It took me a while to get the hang of it but the puzzles are fun and logical. The game is set in the 90s, so lots of references to that era. At the start of the game you’re bleeding from a bullet hole in your stomach and you have no idea what happened. Retrograde memory loss, like in the movie Memento. The AG reviewer calls it a bit derivative and I guess it is, but it didn’t bother me in the least, the story and plot twists were far too interesting.

This game deserves more recognition than it has received so far, going by Youtube,  Twitch and Steam. It gets 4 stars from me. Would have been 4.5 stars if they had provided a scroll bar because you have to do a lot of scrolling (read: backtracking). In chapter 6 I had some scrolling problems, which fortunately disappeared in the next chapter.

Trailer: https://adventuregamers.com/videos/view/unmemory-launch-trailer
Review: https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/unmemory

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Karlok - 05 May 2021 08:03 AM

Unmemory

This sounds right up my alley. Was completely unaware of it ‘til now. Thank you!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Baron_Blubba - 05 May 2021 11:16 AM
Karlok - 05 May 2021 08:03 AM

Unmemory

This sounds right up my alley. Was completely unaware of it ‘til now. Thank you!

I usually check the AG home page. Without it I wouldn’t have found half the games I’ve played.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top