• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

millenia - 27 April 2021 01:52 PM

I guess most people that are interested in Yoomurjak’s Ring have already played it? But it’s available on Steam now. Though it’s not currently on sale. It’s constantly -80% off so people pick it up from the next sale and then we vote for it, yeah?  Wink

I was considering voting for Yoomurjak’s Ring. Played it many years ago and maybe it’s time for a replay. It is very well suited for a CPT I think, but wouldn’t it take at least a year to get through?:)

millenia - 27 April 2021 01:52 PM

I will give my vote to another FMV adventure then, The Shapeshifting Detective. And I guess I could try to patch the Steam version of Culpa Innata for a replay. (I think I had the Adventure Shop uncut version earlier but I guess those games are gone?)

I have the download of Culpa Innata Uncut from the Adventure Shop, but the game wants to install Tages drivers before launching and I refuse to let it do that… It installed fine though, so it should at least be easy to patch the Steam version to uncut status.

Edit: It was even easier to just replace the game.exe in the installed uncut version with the one from the patch. Seems to work perfectly. So if you have The Adventure Shop version you don’t really need the Steam version to play Culpa Innata Uncut.

Anyway; I vote for Fahrenheit and Still Life. Have played both but it was a long time ago. It’s definitely time to replay Culpa Innata too, but not sure its pretty open, non-linear structure makes it suitable for a CPT?

I may jump along if some other game wins too, unless that kind of behavior is frowned upon?:)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Veovis - 27 April 2021 02:30 PM

I may jump along if some other game wins too, unless that kind of behavior is frowned upon?:)

Frowned upon? I hope that smiley means it’s not a serious question. It would a very sad day if people who didn’t vote for a game were not allowed to participate. All CPs are open to everybody.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (8) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74, Intense Degree, Veovis

Still Life (7) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra, Walas74, Veovis

The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party
The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

Culpa Innata (5) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia

Day of the Tentacle (4) - DCast, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Nico2021
Return of the Phantom (4) - Luhr28, Pegbiter, Baron_Blubba, Intense Degree
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28 (leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Inspector Waffles (3) - Doom (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter

Yoomurjak’s Ring (1) - Millenia

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ll cast another vote: “Return of the Phantom”. I could lead that playthrough as well.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (8) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74, Intense Degree, Veovis

Still Life (7) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra, Walas74, Veovis

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party
The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

Culpa Innata (5) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia
Return of the Phantom (5) - Vegetable Party (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter, Baron_Blubba, Intense Degree

Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28 (leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There has been some discussion re: Indigo Prophesy. Question: If it wins, which version will we be playing? Where do we get the version we will be playing? And if it is true that some editing of installation files is required, where will those step-by-step instructions be posted? I’m familiar with the Fahrenheit movie, but haven’t played either version of the game. I am, as you all know, averse to playing games that require hoop jumping to get them up and running. “Works out of the box” is my preferred method.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Tenebra - 21 April 2021 06:19 PM

My game definitely had sex scenes, I think I read that they were censored in the US version. What a stupid thing to censor, don’t you think? This element of inclusion in the narrative added an even stronger personal content to the relationship between the characters, and that was something I personally hadn’t seen before. By the end of the game I was very involved with both of them.

I’m against all censorship on principle, so it was a bad move. The game’s narrative is, indeed, introspective and dark, so all the scenes created by David Cage are meaningful and make sense.

chrissie - 22 April 2021 08:41 AM

I can’t offer to lead it Lady Kestrel but I would be happy enough to host a thread for it but I would prefer my ‘title’ to be ‘Host’ rather than ‘Leader’.

The game is split into days so that the only way that a playthrough can work is to accept on playing that at the end of each day, more so as the game progresses, that many players are going to be in different places. But that could be interesting but should come back to the same place in the end.

This is a fantastic idea! Would you be interested to make it happen even if the game won’t win (no, it won’t win, I know) as an unofficial playthrough?

And thanks to everyone who expressed opinion on Culpa Innata as CPT - I appreciate them all!

Please add my vote to Return of the Phantom, Lady K

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

rtrooney - 28 April 2021 07:09 PM

There has been some discussion re: Indigo Prophesy. Question: If it wins, which version will we be playing? Where do we get the version we will be playing? And if it is true that some editing of installation files is required, where will those step-by-step instructions be posted? I’m familiar with the Fahrenheit movie, but haven’t played either version of the game. I am, as you all know, averse to playing games that require hoop jumping to get them up and running. “Works out of the box” is my preferred method.

To my understanding both versions are the same conceptually, the Remastered one promises increased texture detail and support for higher resolutions, although, I’m sure graphics are still gonna look outdated as hell (I don’t mind it). You can get original (uncut) one on GOG, and the Remastered one (which means the sex scenes that were taken out before, were put back in - to make it “original uncut” version again) on Steam. I’m going to install it, and see how my Steam version runs. I can’t speak for the one on GOG - maybe someone else can?

As a side note (if the game wins), if anyone who voted for it feels like they can attempt to lead it - I’d welcome you to guide us all through that journey. I have played it way, waaaaaay back when it just came out, so I’ve got nothing but vague, positive memories from that experience and the awesome soundtrack. If no one volunteers, I can step up and, like Chrissie offered for Culpa Innata, try to “host” the playtrhough which will mean I’ll be more or less discovering everything right along with everyone else, and it will be a little less rigid and organized CPT than usual, for I just wanted to re-visit the game I’ve played and enjoyed years ago and discuss it with people, and not advertise something I know and love and want for everyone else to experience. I hope everyone is OK with that approach Content After all, Fahrenheit is an interactive thriller adventure with QTE (Quantic Dream calling card) and also has fluid structure that, as far as I remember, largely depends on player’s choices

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

DCast - 29 April 2021 02:40 AM

If no one volunteers, I can step up and, like Chrissie offered for Culpa Innata, try to “host” the playtrhough which will mean I’ll be more or less discovering everything right along with everyone else, and it will be a little less rigid and organized CPT than usual, for I just wanted to re-visit the game I’ve played and enjoyed years ago and discuss it with people, and not advertise something I know and love and want for everyone else to experience. I hope everyone is OK with that approach Content After all, Fahrenheit is an interactive thriller adventure with QTE (Quantic Dream calling card) and also has fluid structure that, as far as I remember, largely depends on player’s choices

Sounds good to me!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 28 April 2021 07:09 PM

As Dcast said both versions are the same, so it makes no difference which one you choose. I never heard or read that you had to edit any installation file, at least I never had to do it. And what movie Farenheit are you talking about? There is no movie based on the game. Although I remember thinking that it would be great to see that story captured in a movie.

DCast - 29 April 2021 02:40 AM

I’m going to install it, and see how my Steam version runs. I can’t speak for the one on GOG - maybe someone else can?

As a side note (if the game wins), if anyone who voted for it feels like they can attempt to lead it - I’d welcome you to guide us all through that journey. I have played it way, waaaaaay back when it just came out, so I’ve got nothing but vague, positive memories from that experience and the awesome soundtrack. If no one volunteers, I can step up and, like Chrissie offered for Culpa Innata, try to “host” the playtrhough which will mean I’ll be more or less discovering everything right along with everyone else, and it will be a little less rigid and organized CPT than usual, for I just wanted to re-visit the game I’ve played and enjoyed years ago and discuss it with people, and not advertise something I know and love and want for everyone else to experience. I hope everyone is OK with that approach Content After all, Fahrenheit is an interactive thriller adventure with QTE (Quantic Dream calling card) and also has fluid structure that, as far as I remember, largely depends on player’s choices

I just tested the GOG version in Windows 10, it works quite well. The only thing is the issue of resolutions that for me is not a drawback and this is precisely one of the differences with the remastered version, its support for high resolutions.

You know I was thinking of offering myself as a leader, I never did it before but since no leader had appeared yet I was analyzing that possibility, time, how I would do it, etc, etc. And this comes because I remember a good part of the game, although not all the details. The first thing I thought is ... well, if I’m going to do it I should play it again before to have it fresh in my mind and to be able to organize it and structure it in a way that is pleasant for the rest of the players, and at the same time maintain a uniform rhythm, considering also that there were different endings and I don’t remember if any other part could vary according to the decision we make.

Anyway as you can see my approach was being very structured, your idea of being more like a guide/host than a leader can be interesting and I think we should try it and go with that idea. Do it, and we’ll see what comes out.

The blessed/damned QTE, one of the biggest criticisms this game had. I hope no one finds this aspect too annoying, it is a Quantic game after all.

Finally, I would also like to vote for Culpa Innata. I love the title.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Tenebra - 29 April 2021 08:56 AM

You know I was thinking of offering myself as a leader, I never did it before but since no leader had appeared yet I was analyzing that possibility, time, how I would do it, etc, etc. And this comes because I remember a good part of the game, although not all the details. The first thing I thought is ... well, if I’m going to do it I should play it again before to have it fresh in my mind and to be able to organize it and structure it in a way that is pleasant for the rest of the players, and at the same time maintain a uniform rhythm, considering also that there were different endings and I don’t remember if any other part could vary according to the decision we make.

Anyway as you can see my approach was being very structured, your idea of being more like a guide/host than a leader can be interesting and I think we should try it and go with that idea. Do it, and we’ll see what comes out.

I’d 100% love it if you’d do that. Most importantly, because you genuinely like the game, and those playthroughs are the best! Also, you seem to remember more than me Grin

I’d appreciate having a leader, I’m only offering myself as a “host” in case the game wins and no one wanted to lead - sort of as a back up, because many people voted for it and I feel like it’s a good one to not experience just because we never found an expert on it.
I’d say - think about it (and anyone else who is considering it), and only if no one wants to do it - I won’t let a good mid-2000s time trip go to waste

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Culpa Innata (6) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Tenebra
Return of the Phantom (6) - Vegetable Party (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter, Baron_Blubba, Intense Degree, DCast

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I was thinking of the movie Fahrenheit 451 which was made in 1966. There have been several versions on the move since. The most recent was made in 2018 I think. Obviously the movie could not have been based on the game since the movie came first.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 29 April 2021 01:59 AM
chrissie - 22 April 2021 08:41 AM

I can’t offer to lead it Lady Kestrel but I would be happy enough to host a thread for it but I would prefer my ‘title’ to be ‘Host’ rather than ‘Leader’.

The game is split into days so that the only way that a playthrough can work is to accept on playing that at the end of each day, more so as the game progresses, that many players are going to be in different places. But that could be interesting but should come back to the same place in the end.

This is a fantastic idea! Would you be interested to make it happen even if the game won’t win (no, it won’t win, I know) as an unofficial playthrough?

And thanks to everyone who expressed opinion on Culpa Innata as CPT - I appreciate them all!

Yes! There does seem to be enough interest in the game which seems to be gaining momentum with the votes.
But I wouldn’t like to set up a thread to compete/split your attention with/between a current official playthrough with so many members favouring both games.

My idea is to see what happens & if Culpa Innata doesn’t win (which I’m not expecting but you never know!) I will set up the unofficial playthrough thread for CI on conclusion of the impending playthrough & whilst voting is going on for the next game. Does that seem okay?  Smile

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

chrissie - 29 April 2021 03:48 PM

Yes! There does seem to be enough interest in the game which seems to be gaining momentum with the votes.
But I wouldn’t like to set up a thread to compete/split your attention with/between a current official playthrough with so many members favouring both games.

My idea is to see what happens & if Culpa Innata doesn’t win (which I’m not expecting but you never know!) I will set up the unofficial playthrough thread for CP on conclusion of the current playthrough & whilst voting is going on for the next game. Does that seem okay?  Smile

Sign me up for this experience! I’m going to look forward to it Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top