• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think I’ve included all the votes so far.  Let me know if I’ve missed anyone.

The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (6) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party

The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Luhr28, Walas74
Still Life (5) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra

Day of the Tentacle (4) - DCast, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Nico2021
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28 (leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Culpa Innata (2) - DCast, TimovieMan

Yoomurjak’s Ring (1) - Millenia

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here is my ad:

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet An award winning highly rated game (4 Star Rated Review:

“Nelly Cootalot’s latest voyage is overflowing with charm and heart – and puns, oh the puns! It may not be the stiffest challenge out there, but it’ll leave you with a warm feeling inside.”)

2016 Aggie Award - Readers’ Choice: Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

“The Aggie Awards - The Best Adventure Games of 2016 - It probably wouldn’t surprise you to know that Alasdair Beckett-King is a stand-up comedian. It’s definitely no secret that he’s every bit as funny as a sit-down developer, with his swashbuckling pirate adventure Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet taking first place for top comic adventure writing. Led by its plucky eponymous heroine, who banters with Vikings, teases down-on-their-luck toffs, outwits and out-gabs a snooty bureaucrat and can snark with the very best, this tale of birds and brothers provides a constant barrage of groan-inducing puns (the best kind!), witty repartee, endearingly offbeat characters and wacky situations. It’s all so very British, sure to elicit snickers, snorts, and even the occasional guffaw while keeping a silly grin on any player’s face throughout. Well done, Alasdair. Stand up and tell a joke take a bow!”

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here is my other ad:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Laky K, I voted for Still Life as well.

And if the shapeshifting detective is that cello, he is carrying out a close investigation…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have to withdraw my vote for The Shapeshifting Detective.  I forgot I won’t be able to play it on my computer.

The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (6) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party
Still Life (6) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra, Walas74

Day of the Tentacle (4) - DCast, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Nico2021
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Walas74
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28 (leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Culpa Innata (3) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan

Yoomurjak’s Ring (1) - Millenia

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 20 April 2021 07:52 PM

......Also, since there was so much positive talk about Culpa Innata - I figured it could be a great community replay of a game I have very vague but very fond memories of, however, thanks to all that reminded me of its non-linear element, I’m not quite sure it will work for CPT. I’d like to nominate it and see what everyone thinks about doing it in this format.
Thanks!

I’ve played the game twice & can categorically state that it is not suitable for a community playthrough…..why?.....because it doesn’t fall neatly into a neat pattern where all participants are more or less at the same place at each stopping point.

Do they need to be?

I took a chance on leading Blade Runner as I researched enough to realise that every chapter started & ended the same with variations on how you got there within those chapters which seemed to work.
Culpa Innata doesn’t work the same way & there’s no way of directing anyone, as in the Shivers playthrough, as every conversation has choices which can change the course. 
But, this is such an interesting game I vote for it. 

I can’t offer to lead it Lady Kestrel but I would be happy enough to host a thread for it but I would prefer my ‘title’ to be ‘Host’ rather than ‘Leader’.

The game is split into days so that the only way that a playthrough can work is to accept on playing that at the end of each day, more so as the game progresses, that many players are going to be in different places. But that could be interesting but should come back to the same place in the end.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your choice to my previous post, Chrissie.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I totally agree with chrissie. The only way to make a CTP with Culpa Innata is splitiing into days and God helps everybody for searching…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 22 April 2021 08:41 AM

Culpa Innata doesn’t work the same way & there’s no way of directing anyone, as in the Shivers playthrough, as every conversation has choices which can change the course. 

I can’t offer to lead it Lady Kestrel but I would be happy enough to host a thread for it but I would prefer my ‘title’ to be ‘Host’ rather than ‘Leader’.

The game is split into days so that the only way that a playthrough can work is to accept on playing that at the end of each day, more so as the game progresses, that many players are going to be in different places. But that could be interesting but should come back to the same place in the end.

Even Shivers had problems. All it takes is someone, such as me, to accidentally solve a puzzle we weren’t supposed to solve. Which opens more areas for exploration that I wasn’t supposed to explore, but I didn’t know that. Shivers 2 would have been even more difficult to lead since you can’t really direct a person to a specific tangram in the cave.

I like the term host. At a cocktail party, the leader can tell everyone that the chardonnay is what they must drink. The host leaves the option to select a vodka martini.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Anyone in the mood for something simple and easy? (and classic!) It seems the last couple of playthroughs have been puzzle intensive and I’m sure I’m not the only one in need of a break.

I therefore nominate…
Return Of The Phantom

Everyone should be system compatible. You’ve all got 486’s right? Grin

Everyone’s played the Dig by now. Has anyone played this?

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m currently playing Inspector Waffles - a one-man French game released this year - and can’t help but think it would’ve made a great CPT. It is linear and neatly divided into chapters, also not hard, but well-designed, with both inventory and dialogue puzzles presented as well as some original touches and at least two different playable characters (at different times). It’s also a great mix of mystery and comedy. In fact the game resembles The Darkside Detective with its highly pixelated graphics, only it’s much funnier. While I’m not a big fan of highly pixelated graphics, anthropomorphic animals or cat/dog puns and was a bit skeptical at first, the game won me quickly. Very good writing, great balance between comedy and the noir genre. Might not be exactly a 4.5/5 star adventure (according to the AG review), but a very enjoyable game so far. Maybe someone is interested in joining.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sounds good to me. Can’t vote for Return Of The Phantom until its availability, and source are known.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

rtrooney - 22 April 2021 09:50 PM

Sounds good to me. Can’t vote for Return Of The Phantom until its availability, and source are known.

Did you click the link?  Smile
All the info is there. It’s $9.99 on GOG.

edit: Ooh, Inspector Waffles! Meow. Put me down (not literally).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 22 April 2021 09:48 PM

I’m currently playing Inspector Waffles - a one-man French game released this year - and can’t help but think it would’ve made a great CPT. It is linear and neatly divided into chapters, also not hard, but well-designed, with both inventory and dialogue puzzles presented as well as some original touches and at least two different playable characters (at different times). It’s also a great mix of mystery and comedy. In fact the game resembles The Darkside Detective with its highly pixelated graphics, only it’s much funnier. While I’m not a big fan of highly pixelated graphics, anthropomorphic animals or cat/dog puns and was a bit skeptical at first, the game won me quickly. Very good writing, great balance between comedy and the noir genre. Might not be exactly a 4.5/5 star adventure (according to the AG review), but a very enjoyable game so far. Maybe someone is interested in joining.

You may get several people interested in joining. But, of course. it all depends on which game wins the current CPT vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Add votes from me for:
Return Of The Phantom
Inspector Waffles

Or wasn’t that a CPT nomination, Doom?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top