• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

dirac - 18 April 2021 09:53 AM
Baron_Blubba - 17 April 2021 06:55 PM

There is some serious pixel hunting in that game. *Scour* every inch of ground and examine and re-examine the ground closely.

Are you past the infamous puzzle yet?

Yes I’m on day 2 playing with Grace, but please no hints, I would like to savor it. That damned Lily puzzle in “The Beast Within” also took me days, but it was worth it at the end.

Doom - 17 April 2021 08:41 PM

First playthrough, I envy you - it’s one of my favourite games. Maybe you should know that unlike in previous games, you can miss clues, events and even parts of the story here - for example, if you don’t spy on some people, or don’t visit certain places at certain times, or do something to something before Gabriel or Grace gather enough information about it. But I wouldn’t think into those too much, especially on my first playthrough (I didn’t) - it’s pretty much impossible to get the full score anyway Smile Just enjoy the story, the game is full of surprises.

Thanks will do. I have always hesitated to play the third installment because of the dated optics (Part 1 & 2 seem to have aged more gracefully in this regard) but I should have known better. Despite the Graphics you get immersed surprisingly fast, a very worthy successor so far, it’s a shame games like this aren’t made anymore. Jensen definitely shouldn’t have stopped making these, or at least put out a few more Gabriel Knight books, the series is her Magnum Opus after all.

Yeah, the graphics in this game are just fine. Even the blocky character models still have plenty of…character, especially since the voice acting is pretty good.  The way the game lets you zip all over the place to cover terrain quickly is great, too. Really well thought out and well implemented, given how much trekking you have to do.

Don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything for you. If you made it through that infamous puzzle without a guide, then you clearly have the stick-to-itiveness to make it through the rest of the game. There’s a great in game hint system for you if anything does get too obtuse.
For me, the real stumper was (spoiler, but you’ve already made it past this point) sneaking around the hallway in the right direction and timing it perfectly to grab the object from Mosley’s back pocket.
I thought that was a bit unfair, and one of the very few instances in the game where the interface was not well suited to the puzzle.

My opinion of the game as a whole is very up ‘n down. Some parts were wonderful—Jensen knows how to write a story, characters, and dialogue, and she does a splendid job integrating true history into fictional stories—, but I didn’t derive as much enjoyment from a certain multi-layered puzzle that is the absolute crux of the game as many others seem to have. I prefer field work to desk work.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

It is my birthday today and my wife got me it takes two, while not an adventure game I’m having loads of fun with it. Plus even though it frustrates my wife she is also having fun

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 18 April 2021 06:43 PM

It is my birthday today and my wife got me it takes two, while not an adventure game I’m having loads of fun with it. Plus even though it frustrates my wife she is also having fun

Is this a licensed Mary Kate & Ashley game from the early 90’s?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Baron_Blubba - 18 April 2021 08:22 PM

No its a co-op game about a couple who might be getting a divorce, and they get turned into dolls by their daughter, and have to work together to be turned back into humans. Its from the devs who made brothers and the game no way out. Here is a trailer

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

10/10 would buy.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 19 April 2021 04:32 AM

No its a co-op game about a couple who might be getting a divorce, and they get turned into dolls by their daughter, and have to work together to be turned back into humans. Its from the devs who made brothers and the game no way out. Here is a trailer

The concept seems a little conceptually heavy handed, but I think it’s so cool that games have reached a point where so many niche stories are being explored. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this one.
Haven’t played Brothers, but I’ve heard of it and like the idea.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Grin

I love the hairstyle of the woman in the game, by the way.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 20 April 2021 01:35 PM

Grin

I love the hairstyle of the woman in the game, by the way.

Is it the color? The yarny texture? The verticality? The convenience, should you ever have to drag her anywhere? The way it effectively doubles her functionality: Now she is not only a human, but, if you turn her upside down, a mop as well?

In my family we call that a ‘choopchee’, and my little sisters learned early that it goes great with puppy dog eyes when you want a new Nintendo DS game.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Baron_Blubba - 20 April 2021 01:24 PM
Jdawg445 - 19 April 2021 04:32 AM

The concept seems a little conceptually heavy handed, but I think it’s so cool that games have reached a point where so many niche stories are being explored. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this one.
Haven’t played Brothers, but I’ve heard of it and like the idea.

You would think so but the game kind of glosses over the story to a degree, it’s hard to explain. I’m waiting for the turn cuz we’re four levels in and they’re still kind of at each others throat but in a playful way. It’s kind of a low-rent Pixar movie but I don’t mean that as a negative really.

The game play loop however is actually very amazing, each stage introduces something new so the loop is never exactly the same and the flow changes constantly, so it’s keeping the wife and I very engaged and entertained. Also the game runs silky-smooth on the PS4 and the controls are excellent for a platformer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Baron_Blubba - 20 April 2021 02:09 PM

Is it the color? The yarny texture? The verticality? The convenience, should you ever have to drag her anywhere? The way it effectively doubles her functionality: Now she is not only a human, but, if you turn her upside down, a mop as well?

Are you messing with me because I’m easily one of the most PC people around the forum? Wink If so, go right ahead. But no the last two suggestions and yes to all of the ones before.

My hair was that colour once, at the age of 15.

In my family we call that a ‘choopchee’, and my little sisters learned early that it goes great with puppy dog eyes when you want a new Nintendo DS game.

Choopchee, I like that. I’m currently rocking a 60s Bob Dylan-situation that will slowly morph into a full Bob Ross.

The game looks really nice!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-04-17

PM

I had a free day so I played “A dark room”, that game was revolutionary, I totally recommend if you are into text-based adventure games

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’m not sure I’d categorise it with text adventures but it’s a brilliant game. The way it builds its world is so clever.

https://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-04-17

PM

Phlebas - 22 April 2021 05:17 AM

I’m not sure I’d categorise it with text adventures but it’s a brilliant game. The way it builds its world is so clever.

https://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

YES!
So I am not the only one enjoying this?

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m in the middle of the second case in The Darkside Detective. So far, so fun! Hoping it will get more challenging as the game progresses. The writing is very smart—they know how to build character and story while being snappy at the same. That ought to be How To Make A Great Adventure Game: Rule # 3.

Also still playing Disco Elysium (for about 30 minutes a night), of course. It’s as much a point and click adventure as it is a roleplaying game. Getting the hang of it, but it’s about as dense as a brick wall. Still, I think things will open up once I crack the first few days of gameplay. Depending on your tastes, this could be as justifiably be a 10/10 or a 1/10. I’m reserving my judgement.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I finally stopped playing Disco Elysium. I went back to it after a short break and it made it even worse. Part of me definitely likes a lot about it, the style and the whole “inner universe” thing going on, but I guess right now I’m not in the mood for it.

I decided to change to something simpler and more traditional in Whispers of a Machine which I had on my list for the longest time and never had the chance. I really liked Kathy Rain which I played last year so hopefully I will like this as well Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top