• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

The crashes have to do with steam achievements i think. I also crashed 5 times in a row at the bottle puzzle. Game did crash at the ending credits too. I was running 2 diferent saves so i loaded the other save and tried to go through the ending credits because i wanted to see if there is anything after and also there is a steam achievement associated with seeing the credits and my counter was at 13/14. Anyway it crashed again. I tried 4 more times and it crashed every time. Then i just gave up and accepted that i will stay at 13/14 achievements.
Funny thing is the achievement is called “You have patience beyond belief”. It seems i dont have that kind of patience lol.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Finally!

I’ve seen it through. The three puzzles at the end.. what a ride.

The riddles were less ambiguous than the ones during the trial, but they weren’t as interesting either.
I liked the puzzle with the dials.
The final puzzle was some sort of belligerent therapy, I guess? Seeing the cutscenes again didn’t help.

I (almost) finished the game before my shift this morning, but the game crashed after the final puzzle. I’ve seen the ending now.

Overal, I quite enjoyed the experience. I liked the bonding between Zak and Lydia, even though it was cheesy, it was nice. They had a nice dynamic after the game’s second big revelation.

I loved the Academy. It’s surroundings, architecture and interior design. The camera angles were disorienting on a few minor occasions, for the most part they gave us exceptional views. The backgrounds were amazing. It was great to see parts of the Academy from a different perspective.

The vision/memory cutscenes were my least favourite part of the game. I rate them below the (possibly Steam achievement-related) crashes.

I would’ve liked a bit more Mustavio and less of the “serious” story. For a second I thought it had more depth than I’d given it credit for, but it was mostly melodrama and it got awkward. The ending was.. eh? The overal plot was rather flimsy.

The puzzles were interesting! They seemed to combine elements of different types of adventure games. To varying degrees of succes, mostly depending on how well they were communicated.

All things considered, I liked this game, in particular exploring the Academy and playing together with all of you.  Thumbs Up

edit: the music was quite alright as well!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Nico2021 - 15 April 2021 08:40 AM

Funny thing is the achievement is called “You have patience beyond belief”. It seems i dont have that kind of patience lol.

Grin

Good to know about this, I won’t be trying it.

Does anyone else like to check the Steam achievement percentages and consider how far people played the game. Like 85% completed the tutorial, 70% found Zak and only 35% saw the 4th vision. People are dropping out, abandoning the ship Tongue.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I don’t bother with the Steam achievements.  They’re not an incentive for me in any game unless I happen to stumble upon one while playing.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Checking achievements is a habit i got from ps4. Used to care and hunt for them. Nowdays i do not bother. Also i feel that trying to do achievements before you finish a game worsens the experience because you try to do tedious stuff you wouldnt do otherwise. But after you finish a game, achievements and trophies is a good way to discover more about the game if you really like it. Anyway the keepsake achievements arent well designed considering that if you finish the story you get all 14 achievements anyway. That if you manage to go through the ending credits. I m curious, has anyone finished the game on steam and managed to see all credits?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I was finally able to complete the forge puzzle.

I just kept looking and contemplating those symbols and the tapestry, and thinking how else I could solve it than just exposing the symbols that make up the word fire, ...
So I bowed my head a little.. just barely.., and rested my fingertips on my forehead, as I felt the Autumn air subtly coming through my window, just like Lydia when is about to have one of her visions,... and suddenly I realised that the answer was right there, my direct approach was wrong, it was still about the word fire, but I had to press each symbol when it was exposed. At last I have you.

But this game will not allow me to relax. There is no time for small joys. Now the observatory, and the dichotomy, this is a tough one, abandon now my “no hints and no guides/wt”? Or keep trying? But I got this far without any of that. The hint button now seems bigger than ever, it’s calling me, I fear I’m finally going to succumb to this temptation.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Nico2021 - 14 April 2021 08:58 AM

I was thinking about the forge puzzle and it was bugging me that i couldnt understand how it works and i finally realised the rules behind it.

First Spoiler: How the puzzle works and what is the goal. This offers a little more than 3rd in game hint without giving the solution.

Its clear from the hints and tapestry that the word you need for the puzzle is fire. If you look at tapestry you see that each letter of fire has a diferrent rune. So there are 4 runes that are forming the word fire. Each rune is a diferent letter. One rune for f, one for i, one for r and one for e. The board had 9 tiles and each tile can be toggled on or off. All those tiles have 9 diferent runes each. If you number the tiles from top left to bottom right then number 5 represents letter f, number 6 letter i, number 7 letter r and number 8 letter e. So if someone wanted to type fire, he would press the tiles 5, 6, 7 and 8 in a row.

At first i thought that the solution is to make those 4 tiles visible - toggled on and have all other tiles invisible - toggled off so only the word fire is visible on board. This is wrong.

Actually this puzzle is about inputing the code word fire in the board. But there are 2 rules. First you need to input the word fire in a row without break, which is you need to press 5, 6, 7, 8 tiles in a row without break. But there is a catch. What i was missing and was communicated poorly from game is that you need to input the above code while the 4 specific tiles that form the word fire are toggled on. That creates the problem that when you toggle on a tile, adjacent tiles toggle off. For example from the start of the puzzle with the board empty if you press the first letter of the code, which is f and the 5th tile you toggle this tile on. This Step does nothing for the code as you need to press the letter f while is allready toggled on. So if you press again the letter f then the tile goes off and that counts as step 1 for the code. Then as second step you need to press the letter i. But if you did what i explained the letter i is now toggled off and if you press it, it breaks the code because it needs to be on while you press it to count as step 2.
So basically the rules are you need to press the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th tiles - runes - letters in a row while they are toggled on.

Second spoiler: Solution

So you basically need to prepare the board in a way that you are able to press 5, 6, 7, and 8 tiles while they are all on. Easiest way to do this is press the 8th tile first. This way you toggle the 5th tile on and have the rest of the tiles at their appropriate status. So the sequence is: press 8 so you prepare the board, then input the word fire pressing 5, 6, 7, 8 in a row without stop. You ll notice that after you prepare the board while you do this sequence all the 4 tiles are toggled on when you press them.

Actually the answer is simple, it is just poorly communicated by the game.

Thanks, but I managed to figure it out. It took me a couple of hours but I finally realised how it worked, the logic that rested in it. I agree that in the end it was simple.
But I’m not sure it was poorly communicated by the game, I think it’s more my fault than anything else (at least on this puzzle) I assumed what the solution was and I assumed what the way to do it was. And that was my mistake. And it took me a couple of hours to see through that cloud of assumptions.

Lady Kestrel - 15 April 2021 03:52 PM

I don’t bother with the Steam achievements.  They’re not an incentive for me in any game unless I happen to stumble upon one while playing.

I’m an adventure gamer, at least it’s my favourite genre, achievements are not for me. Are they an incentive for something? An award? And what do I do with them? Do I print them out and hang them on my wall? Eh… no thanks.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Tenebra - 16 April 2021 02:13 AM

I’m an adventure gamer, at least it’s my favourite genre, achievements are not for me. Are they an incentive for something? An award? And what do I do with them? Do I print them out and hang them on my wall? Eh… no thanks.

I suspect the Steam achievements was an afterthought, quickly added to the game when it was released on that platform. In any event they are completely pointless, since they are all given for completing mandatory parts of the game. What’s the point of Steam achievements for watching Lydia’s visions when no one who has completed the game could have missed them?

Now, an achievement for completing the observatory puzzle without using the built-in hint system, THAT would make sense. Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

And worthy of a gold medal! Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m going to unpin this thread, but if you’re still playing and want to contribute, you can find the CP link in Game recommendations and important/popular threads.  Thanks to TimovieMan, it’s a good resource for finding past playthroughs, quizzes, and fun ongoing threads.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Some of my favorite images of the game are along this magical path:

Click to enlarge

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Yeah, the views really were excellent in this game. Thanks again for leading (again) Lady Kestrel!

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Greetings from beautiful Dragonvale Academy.

Thank you for leading the playthrough, Lady Kestrel! Good luck to the people still playing the game.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel for taking on the task of leading Keepsake. Sorry but I got so far (not very!) & found it difficult to continue as as much as I liked the game when I first played it (& there is a lot to like) this time I just couldn’t get motivated.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 22 April 2021 07:58 AM

Thank you Lady Kestrel for taking on the task of leading Keepsake. Sorry but I got so far (not very!) & found it difficult to continue as as much as I liked the game when I first played it (& there is a lot to like) this time I just couldn’t get motivated.

I sympathize. The last few CPT games I joined, the most recent being Oknytt, have left me unmotivated to finish them. Hard to tell why. Most CPT games I’ve enjoyed are games I have played before. But there is the occasional game, e.g. Kathy Rain, that pulled me in, and held me there to the end. I don’t know what the chemistry is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top