• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Did Mustavio repair the broken pendant?  Did you enter the wine cellar through the waterway door or did you solve the door puzzle in the basement to get in?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Thanks both for the help. Smile

colpet - 27 March 2021 05:01 PM

Do you have a ‘memory’ of Celeste and the tree? Did you read all your pages—maybe that’s the trigger? Did you find the cauldron?

Yes, I saw the memory of Celeste and the tree and I have read the diary pages. I have ‘found’ what I assume is the cauldron downstairs in the Wine Cave but when I click it she just says it’s way too heavy to carry. I’ve seen the lift near the stairs and the other one up to the pantry so I think I know what’s coming next, but no joy. Frown

Lady Kestrel - 27 March 2021 06:29 PM

Did Mustavio repair the broken pendant?  Did you enter the wine cellar through the waterway door or did you solve the door puzzle in the basement to get in?

Yep, the pendant is repaired. I did solve the puzzle in the basement – the letters on the paper in the caretakers office – and I definitely went out to the aqueduct from the cellar, but maybe not the other way around, could be worth a go.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Intense Degree - 28 March 2021 03:35 AM

Thanks both for the help. Smile

Yes, I saw the memory of Celeste and the tree and I have read the diary pages. I have ‘found’ what I assume is the cauldron downstairs in the Wine Cave but when I click it she just says it’s way too heavy to carry. I’ve seen the lift near the stairs and the other one up to the pantry so I think I know what’s coming next, but no joy. Frown

In my particular case, she said at first that it was too heavy to manipulate, it wasn’t until I opened the passage through the basement (via solving the puzzle) that she stopped saying that and I was able to perform the necessary action. If she is still saying the same thing then I assume you are not ready to make the potion.

Try the following, go to where the fire is in the kitchen and examine it with the magnifying glass. She can only say two things: - I’m missing an ingredient, I’m not ready or - I need a cauldron. At least this way you might be able to rule out what the problem is.

One more thing… if you try to talk to the Tree again what does it say? What dialogue option do you have? I think you have to promise him that you will talk to him again once you find Celeste and after that he should give you the last ingredient.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Tenebra - 28 March 2021 06:34 AM

In my particular case, she said at first that it was too heavy to manipulate, it wasn’t until I opened the passage through the basement (via solving the puzzle) that she stopped saying that and I was able to perform the necessary action. If she is still saying the same thing then I assume you are not ready to make the potion.

Now I’m really confused. I didn’t even find the cauldron until I had solved the puzzle with the letters from the caretaker’s office. Meh

Try the following, go to where the fire is in the kitchen and examine it with the magnifying glass. She can only say two things: - I’m missing an ingredient, I’m not ready or - I need a cauldron. At least this way you might be able to rule out what the problem is.

So when I examine it with the magnifying glass she says This magic fireplace is nice, but it won’t help me find anyone. Maybe there is a much earlier trigger I have missed somewhere. Meh

One more thing… if you try to talk to the Tree again what does it say? What dialogue option do you have? I think you have to promise him that you will talk to him again once you find Celeste and after that he should give you the last ingredient.

I’ve exhausted all the available dialogue. Now if I click on him he asks if there is anything he can do for me and Lydia just replies “not really I just needed to spend a little time with a friend” and then leaves, Angry

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Ok, I’ve finally been able to make the potion and the first trial is completed.

Regarding my frustration earlier, it turned out I had missed that there is a board game in a corner of the enchanted crossway. That’s what made it so confusing when Lydia got those game pieces from Mustavio. The developer could so easily have put one line of dialog in there, like Zak telling Lydia “hey, those pieces are for the board game in the enchanted crossway!”. In one go that would have made it less confusing for those players who hadn’t yet found the board game AND it would have given us a hint that there IS a board game in that we for some reason need to win. The board game is quite easy to miss, since it blends in with the rest of the wooden things there and the interface is somewhat confusing.

So after winning the board game things began to move again. I got the pendant fixed and had already got two ingredients for the potion. And I awoke the tree and talked about everything possible. And then the game dies again! After running around for 30 minutes I caved in and pressed the hint button for the first time and it turned out that I had missed yet another thing, a book, also in the enchanted crossway. I must have passed that book at least 20 times without noticing it, mostly because a certain wolf covers it with his body most of the time Lydia is near it. After picking up the book it finally became clear that the objective had been to find ingredients to make a potion in order to turn Zak into a dragon. After more or less finishing all tasks involved! Again, it would have been so easy to set things up logically in the beginning of this section by a couple of lines of dialog for Zak, like “Lydia, it would be great and might help us if I would transform into a dragon. I know there’s a recipe for a potion around here somewhere”.

So I still think the writing is a bit of a mess and so much frustration could have been avoided by adding just a few hints in game in the form of short comments or pieces of dialog.

But between these frustrations the game is indeed quite fun to play, making the odd frustration even more, well, frustrating. I’ll tag along for the next section too.Smile

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Intense Degree - 28 March 2021 08:30 AM

I’ve exhausted all the available dialogue. Now if I click on him he asks if there is anything he can do for me and Lydia just replies “not really I just needed to spend a little time with a friend” and then leaves, Angry

I guess you have missed a vital thing that I also missed, se my post above. It’s a book lying on the floor of the magic hallway, most of the time covered by Zak’s body and hard to spot even when in clear sight. After finding this a dialog option opens up with the tree and things open up from there.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Actually…

Having had a poke around in the game files I think I might try some save game engineering. Would anyone who has finished section two but not gone any further mind sending me a copy of their save game file please? The bit I want is called ‘savegame1.tcl’ and if you’re on PC you can find it:

(wherever you have installed the game)\Keepsake\res\save\savegame1.tcl

If you’ve got the steam version, that would be:

(wherever you have installed steam)\Steam\steamapps\common\Keepsake\res\save\savegame1.tcl

Don’t want to clutter/derail this thread so maybe PM me if you can help. Smile

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Veovis - 28 March 2021 09:18 AM

I guess you have missed a vital thing that I also missed, se my post above. It’s a book lying on the floor of the magic hallway, most of the time covered by Zak’s body and hard to spot even when in clear sight. After finding this a dialog option opens up with the tree and things open up from there.

Ah, brilliant, thanks, will have a look for this. Do you mean the enchanted crossway?

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Intense Degree - 28 March 2021 09:23 AM

Do you mean the enchanted crossway?

Yeah, I probably do! Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I did miss seeing the notebook the first time I passed through the enchanted crossway, and I remember thinking that it should have been easier to find.  I’m sorry I didn’t mention it then.  I’m glad you found the solution, Veovis.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Having been back to the game I guess that the book you mean is the one with the recipe for the dragon making spell in which case I’ve already got and read it.  Frown

Using the in game hint thing just tells me to go and open the second trial door so my guess is that I’ve found a bug somehow.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Intense Degree - 28 March 2021 01:15 PM

Having been back to the game I guess that the book you mean is the one with the recipe for the dragon making spell in which case I’ve already got and read it.  Frown

Using the in game hint thing just tells me to go and open the second trial door so my guess is that I’ve found a bug somehow.

Did you open all the trial doors? Maybe you need to see the window from the inside to trigger the discussion about the flower

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Got home from work, my mind yelling at my body and the other way around. Five minutes in this game and I feel at peace.

Somehow Keepsake just gets me in the zone.

I’d like to replicate diego’s fast travel glitch every once in a while, though.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is a dumb question, Intense, but did you check both inventories for the headen flower?  Also, did you read all the plaques with writing on them?  There are three.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

colpet - 28 March 2021 01:30 PM

Did you open all the trial doors? Maybe you need to see the window from the inside to trigger the discussion about the flower

Now that I haven’t tried - great shout! I had assumed that as we were finishing before trial 2 I should leave them alone but by now i’m desperate enough to try anything!  Laughing

EDIT:

YES YES YES! That worked! Potion made and section complete! Thank you so much all for getting me through this! Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top