• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I got the power on!

The graphics in this game are very good, and navigating the school isn’t as hard as I would’ve thought. The game could use a fast-travel option, though. All this running around might become tedious after a while.

The voice acting could be better. Mustavio is too Super Mario for his own good, and even Lydia sounds just a little off at times. And the flashback sequence with young Lydia and Celeste was especially poorly acted, imo.
So far Zak’s the best voiced character.
Fortunately, the voice acting isn’t bothering me all that much.

I’m looking forward to what we can do at the school now that the power is back on. Time to open the big gates and continue inside, at Lady K’s signal. Smile

colpet - 21 March 2021 05:30 PM

Dcast said:
I also found it a bit odd that the items we suppose to collect have pictures in the inventory. First, it shows me the exact amount I’ll need throughout the game (I might be wrong), second, it helps, in way, and I kinda wanted to find them myself…

I am a bit confused about this section in the game. Are we supposed to find all those items in the whole game, or just in one section? Because I am missing one. I also think that they have a picture because there is so much ground to cover that items may be easily missed.

Wait, what?

I’ve only got 3 out of 10 backpack items, and 3 out of 7 magnifying glass items… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The flashback was pretty odd. Keepsake has been excellent in the lighthearted fantasy department, pretty good at suspense (the academy’s predicament in general, Zak in particular), but the emotional backstory didn’t really click for me yet.

The title seems to hint at something tragic, but it might be a red herring.

I do enjoy the game, though.

@Lady Kestrel: I like the Phantom association! The synth organ* piece? It was a welcome surprise for me. I thought the harpsichord music was pretty cool as well.

note to self: please stop clicking on the sta.. foiled again.

* listening again, I think they went for a brass and strings type of sound? Whatever it is, it does fit the mood quite well.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I went back to check the game during lunch to make sure I had it right.
I stand corrected.
At his point I have in my backpack a red flowering plant, a broken locket, and a doll.. In my magnifyer area I have all but 2 items I am missing the 2 scrolls.
Am not sure if we all should be at the same point here, or if these items will be picked up in due course as we are exploring. I just would like to know if I missed something in the areas we have access to (before the power went on, that is).

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

What I have in my backpack:
- The red plant.
- The broken gold pendant.
- The keys.

And in the magnifying glass:
- I am missing the two scrolls.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So I’m missing two items. Great, now I’ll have to explore everywhere in detail again… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Take it easy!  You don’t need those inventory items right now.  As long as you got the power on, you’re where you should be.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 March 2021 04:16 PM

Take it easy!  You don’t need those inventory items right now.  As long as you got the power on, you’re where you should be.

Doesn’t change the fact that I’ll have to explore everywhere in detail again. Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2021 04:24 PM

Doesn’t change the fact that I’ll have to explore everywhere in detail again. Grin

You soon will anyway, for other reasons, so save yourself a trip. Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

A quick 10 minute game before my early shift this morning proved to be fruitful!

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sorry, I am pretty delayed, I will try to catch up asap.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for letting us know, Walas.  Anyone else? 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I still haven’t got the power on but please don’t wait for me as I’ll catch up.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Chrissie. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Section 2
Main Goals:  A Trial and a Potion

Now that you have the power on, there’s a certain gate that I’m sure you have been wanting to open.  It’s a bit of a climb, but go on up and explore.  You should soon understand the trials ahead of you, but let’s not rush things or you will exhaust yourself.

In this section, complete the first trial, then work to make a potion.  STOP AFTER YOU FINISH THE POTION.

I debated with myself whether or not to make two sections out of this one, but I feel that the flow of it is important.  It’ll make a longer section because there are a lot of pieces to it, but as you will eventually see (hopefully), the stopping point makes sense because it’ll bring us back together again. 

I think this section will require more than a week to complete, depending on your schedules, but let me know where you are in the game by next Tuesday, March 30

Suggestions:
To save yourself some steps,  exhaust all dialog options.  There are a couple of spots in which you’ll need to be persistent in order to gather the all information you need.

I had a freeze at the top of the steps in the wine cellar and lost some progress.  It was probably just my computer, but it can’t hurt to save when you get in there.

This is one of my favorite views of the academy’s facade:

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

That view is amazing. Keepsake is well stocked in the vista department.

edit: any more theories about Zak?

I think he might be a student, possibly an orphan and a bit of an outcast. In that case, he’s hiding a secret, maybe it involves the Academy’s predicament?

The dragon story seems like a power fantasy. I don’t think he really believes it himself.

Being a student/familiar might be a fantasy as well, one that’s actually tied into his sense of identity.

Zak could also be a pathological liar. Seems like a darkest timeline situation, I hope the game doesn’t get that heavy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top