• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake has won this round of voting.  I’ll post the playthrough thread later today, just as soon as I’ve had enough coffee to jump start my system.  (We started daylight time last night, which always throws me off for a few days.)

Keepsake (16) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Mattaukamp, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Baron_Blubba, Chrissie, Sefir, Pegbiter, Veovis

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Blubba
The Night of the Rabbit (7) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Pegbiter, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (7) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan, Cyfoyjvx, Millenia, Intense Degree
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (7) - Luhr28 (leader), DCast, Karlok, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Sefir

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Blubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx, TimovieMan

Camp 1 (5) - Advie, Luhr28, DCast, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter

Face Noir (4) - Sefir (leader), Luhr28, DCast, Advie

Encodya (2) - Pegbiter, Adv_Lvr

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Luhr28 - 15 March 2021 06:47 AM

Wow, talk about dedication! Replaying a game you didn’t like to see if you might like it better…

Only on Adventure Gamers, am I right?  Laughing

Not that odd. I played Syberia when it was still relatively new, and didn’t get very far in it because it didn’t grab me, and the multitude of empty screens didn’t help.

I joined the CPT to give it a proper chance and loved it.

The CPT got me over that initial hurdle that had stopped me the first time. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Veovis - 15 March 2021 10:17 AM
Luhr28 - 15 March 2021 06:47 AM

Wow, talk about dedication! Replaying a game you didn’t like to see if you might like it better…

Only on Adventure Gamers, am I right?  Laughing

Smile

Who knows, maybe my puzzle solving skills have improved since last time I played it all those years ago.  At the very least I think Keepsake’s puzzles may spur some interesting discussions… Naughty Good game for a CPT I think (although I seem to recall the last half or so of the game is pretty non-linear).

Truth be told, I tried Keepsake many years ago as well and wasn’t impressed. Lots of backtracking through vast empty hallways, trying to figure out the next step. I never planned to try it again; the pay off didn’t seem like it’d be worth ‘cracking’ it. I’m puzzled why so many folks here requested it as a community play through.
I’ll enjoy this for the social aspect of playing a game along with everyone else. Who knows, maybe the game will pleasantly surprise me this time around, but *puts on Eeyore voice* I’m not counting on it.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ll nominate:

Nelly Cootalot: And the Fowl Fleet

The Shapeshifting Detective

I will lead both.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I nominate and offer to lead The Dig.

I vote for Nelly Cootalot and The Shapeshifting Detective.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Put my vote in for The Dig, please.

I’d like to nominate Day of the Tentacle and Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy.

Also, since there was so much positive talk about Culpa Innata - I figured it could be a great community replay of a game I have very vague but very fond memories of, however, thanks to all that reminded me of its non-linear element, I’m not quite sure it will work for CPT. I’d like to nominate it and see what everyone thinks about doing it in this format.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I vote for Nelly Cootalot.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Whoa Nelly!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The dig

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Still Life

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #66 has begun and will continue until Tuesday, May 4.

I vote for The Dig, Nelly Cootalot, The Shapeshifting Detective, and Day of the Tentacle.

The Dig (4) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel

The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel

Day of the Tentacle (2) - DCast, Lady Kestrel

Culpa Innata (1) - DCast
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (1) - DCast
Still Life (1) - Still Life

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

There was a decent level of interest in Tony Tough last time, so I’ll nominate again and offer to lead.

Also a vote for Shapeshifting Detective

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (4) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Luhr28

Day of the Tentacle (2) - DCast, Lady Kestrel

Culpa Innata (1) - DCast
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (1) - DCast
Still Life (1) - Still Life
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (1) - Luhr28 (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I still don’t know if I will be free to join this CPT, but just in case my votes go for Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet, The Shapeshifting Detective and Tony Tough.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I vote for
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (is that automatically the remastered version?)
Still Life (nominated by rtrooney, not itself)
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top