• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Games that didn’t get Great Reviews and Awards that you think are way underrated.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There is always going to be a conflict of opinion about what’s good & bad in a game but if there’s going to be a thread that invites criticism & comments about games that players didn’t think were up to their review score/award status then surely we have to have this thread to address the disservice done to games that deserved more!  Laughing

So what game do you think should have had a little more love & why?  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i thought my eyes doing tricks on me seeing two threads with the same titles..

easily there are a lot of rated reviews that don’t reflect the real quility of some games, whether these adventures should have deserved more or their reviews were just generous,
of the op of memory:

BS2 for example cant be that bad.
Edna & Harvey is a masterpiece, the 3.5 review is unforgiven.
the latest Henery Mosse getting a 4 stars review, that can’t be given for mediocre adventure like it, it not that good, and yes, it has its moments, but even a 3.5 would have been too generous.
Dreamfall Chapters 3.5 review is also too harsh..

but on top of all; Memoranda 2 stars review!!, yes the game is too surreal, and weird sometimes, but less than 3 stars is too harsh.. i don’t know even anyone here who tried it in the first place, but this game didn’t get any love, no even a little.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Advie - 12 March 2021 07:32 PM

Edna & Harvey is a masterpiece, the 3.5 review is unforgiven.

Truly so. They went…somewhere… with this game at Daedalic. I wish they’d stay there. Well, at least for a little longer.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I have to disagree with Edna & Harvey. Underrated? The game is talked about everywhere, it’s rare to have a thread where it isn’t mentioned.

The problem with threads like these (or the responses) is that the truly underrated games will rarely be mentioned, and if they are there will not be much agreement because only one or two people have played them.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Luhr28 - 12 March 2021 08:33 PM

I have to disagree with Edna & Harvey. Underrated? The game is talked about everywhere, it’s rare to have a thread where it isn’t mentioned.

I think this thread is about those games that are considered very good (by a certain number of users) but received not so good reviews, and not about those games that are not so much talked about? Because I agree with you about Edna & Harvey.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Renacimiento - 13 March 2021 12:58 AM
Luhr28 - 12 March 2021 08:33 PM

I think this thread is about those games that are considered very good (by a certain number of users) but received not so good reviews, and not about those games that are not so much talked about? Because I agree with you about Edna & Harvey.

Shrugs. I just looked at the thread title. But even still, I don’t think E&H even got any great professional reviews. Can anyone find any?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Renacimiento - 13 March 2021 12:58 AM

No, the thread’s about game’s either talked about or not that have enough positive qualities to be worthier of a higher score than awarded. I’ve played a lot of games that wouldn’t be considered to be good at all but have enough about them to entertain me & keep me interested -  a review score won’t reflect that & deter people from playing the game so therefore underrated?

N.B. I played both of the E & H games just a couple of years ago & liked them both very much but for me New Eyes was better.
The reviews I think are possibly in context of expectations of the time? Would they review better now?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Death Mark for one. The game barely got any mention on this site at all. It did get some great reviews on other sites however. It’s sequel, NG is in the same boat. Both games should have got more love on this site.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

The review here is fine with me, but The Girl of Glass seems to have gone completely unnoticed basically everywhere else. Bit of a shame, really. People seem to have a real hang-up about the “combat”.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

So if you don’t like a feature in a game it’s a hang-up?  Laughing

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2020-08-13

PM

Advie - 12 March 2021 07:32 PM

BS2 for example cant be that bad.

BS2 isn’t bad!! It doesn’t have the same majestic feel of BS1, so I think it felt like a disappointment to people. I remember playing it as a kid and loving it. But I get the urge to replay BS1 every couple years and I never really feel like replaying BS2. I think, for as good a game as it is, it just doesn’t hit the tone that 1 does.

Pyoro-2 - 13 March 2021 09:15 AM

The review here is fine with me, but The Girl of Glass seems to have gone completely unnoticed basically everywhere else. Bit of a shame, really. People seem to have a real hang-up about the “combat”.

The combat is really bad, though…  Neutral  But the graphics and story are absolutely excellent. It got a good review on this site, but definitely didn’t make as big of a splash in popularity as it should have!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As well as the glowing review here The Girl of Glass does have a lot of positive reviews over on Steam.
The game looks gorgeous but I wonder if the inclusion of turn-based combat has put players off?

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Maybe I’m missing something, but shouldn’t the name of this thread be ‘Adventure Games That Didn’t Get Great Reviews or Win Awards, Which You Think Are Way Underrated?’

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No, it was me that was missing something! It’s fixed now so thanks for pointing it out.  Smile

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

chrissie - 13 March 2021 01:53 PM

No, it was me that was missing something! It’s fixed now so thanks for pointing it out.  Smile

Ah, good! Now that the criteria is a little more broad, I might be able to contribute a few titles to this thread in the near future.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I don’t like the thread title change. Haven’t there been plenty of “underrated games” threads?

Anyway, whether or not it fits with the new thread theme, I’d like to include the recent FMV games of the last decade or so.

Yoomurjak’s Ring, Miazma, Contradiction, Doctor Dekker.. etc.

GK2 is popular enough, why aren’t these? FMV rocks!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top