• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This coming Sunday is the voting deadline.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not participating. But waiting for a Keepsake leader. Without one, it’s the leaderless Lighthouse all over again. New rules came up to deal with a popular vote winning game that didn’t have a leader because of the Lighthouse situation. I hope a leader steps forward.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just loaded up Keepsake and played a bit, and I’ve decided to volunteer to lead it.

Keepsake (10) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Mattaukamp, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Intense Degree

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Bubba
The Night of the Rabbit (7) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Pegbiter, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (7) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan, Cyfoyjvx, Millenia, Intense Degree
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (7) - Luhr28 (leader), DCast, Karlok, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Sefir

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Bubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx, TimovieMan

Camp 1 (5) - Advie, Luhr28, DCast, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter

Face Noir (4) - Sefir (leader), Luhr28, DCast, Advie

Encodya (1) - Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel, we love you!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I’ll join either Keepsake or The Dig, whichever one wins out of those two.
No need to attach my vote as it won’t change the final result.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Sinse Keepsake has a leader now, you can add my vote too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Provided Keepsake wins, I think we should give a few days to Lady K so she can finish the game and think about the way to play it together.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Cool. I own Keepsake in the original box…somewhere! But will just download the Steam version for .99.

Not sure if I’ll be able to keep up with the playthrough, but will try. When does it start?

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Baron_Blubba: I imagine you live in an adventure game museum!

@Lady Kestrel: Thanks for taking the lead! I Look forward to trying a CPT for the first time.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome, VP.  It’ll be fun no matter which one wins. 

BB,
Voting ends on Sunday, but I’ll play as much of the game as I can this weekend.  If it wins, I hope to start by Tuesday at the latest.  If it doesn’t, I’ll be ready for next time. Smile

Keepsake (11) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Mattaukamp, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Bubba
The Night of the Rabbit (7) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Pegbiter, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (7) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan, Cyfoyjvx, Millenia, Intense Degree
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (7) - Luhr28 (leader), DCast, Karlok, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Sefir

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Bubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx, TimovieMan

Encodya (1) - Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

@Vegetable Party - Most of the relatively well known adventure games of the 2000-2010 era were published by The Adventure Company in the USA. These could usually be found on clearance sale at local game stores and department store electronics departments. Since I am a very late adapter to the Steam/GOG paradigm of game distribution, I would buy them whenever I found them. Recently moved and threw most of them away, though. Yeah, I know.

@ Lady Kestrel - Great, looking forward to it, and thank you for leading.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was planning to join in with a playthrough of any of the nominated games. As I mistakenly thought Keepsake had already won. I located my original disc version & installed it on my Win 7 64 bit & played it to see if it worked - it does so I’ll cast a vote for it just to make sure! Thank you Lady Kestrel for stepping up to lead it.  Thumbs Up

It would have been worth buying on Steam if it hadn’t worked because it’s selling for 79p at the mo!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (13) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Mattaukamp, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Baron_Blubba, Chrissie

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Blubba

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Blubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx, TimovieMan

Encodya (1) - Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

If Keepsake wins, I fully intend to play my DVD game as well. (That is, if I can get it to play on my XP tower).
That said, I wouldn’t mind replaying The Dig, and I have that in its original big box format.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

According to info on the DVD box colpet the minimum requirements are Windows 2000/ME/XP so it should work fine on your system (hopefully).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top