• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

DCast - 02 March 2021 12:18 PM

Actually, Advie, I take my words back. You’re genius at advertising. Posting a game no one heard of, withdrawing the vote almost immediately (which had all of us looking it up), and now we want to play it. Brilliant!

Yes Laughing

And don’t forget that Keepsake has lost the popular vote for 5-6 years. If diego was a political candidate he might have given up already.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Luhr28 - 02 March 2021 02:07 PM
DCast - 02 March 2021 12:18 PM

Actually, Advie, I take my words back. You’re genius at advertising. Posting a game no one heard of, withdrawing the vote almost immediately (which had all of us looking it up), and now we want to play it. Brilliant!

Yes Laughing

And don’t forget that Keepsake has lost the popular vote for 5-6 years. If diego was a political candidate he might have given up already.

First of all, yes, Advie’s tactic worked fine! And when poll finishes, if Camp 1 is not chosen, he can always say the election was stolen and the Supreme Court did nothing Tongue

If Keepsake lost so many times, do you remember if someone offered as a leader?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 02 March 2021 01:27 PM

I’d also offer to lead The Dig (like I did in the previous voting rounds), but it seems like Lady Kestrel already stepped up. Tongue

If it wins, I would love for you to take over as leader, TimovieMan. Smile

Keepsake (10) - Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Lady Kestrel, Mattaukamp, Sefir, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Blubba

The Night of the Rabbit (5) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan

Camp 1 (4) - Advie, Sefir, Luhr28, DCast
Face Noir (4) - Sefir (leader), Luhr28, DCast, Advie
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28, Sefir, DCast, Karlok

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Blubba

Encodya (1) - Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m up for Nelly Cootalot or The Dig. I actually just finished The Dig a couple of weeks ago, so wouldn’t be playing along but could definitely be part of the conversation. Nelly Cootalot is one I’ve been wanting to play for a little while now.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your votes to my last post, BB.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here is my ad:

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet An award winning highly rated game (4 Star Rated Review:

“Nelly Cootalot’s latest voyage is overflowing with charm and heart – and puns, oh the puns! It may not be the stiffest challenge out there, but it’ll leave you with a warm feeling inside.”)

2016 Aggie Award - Readers’ Choice: Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

“The Aggie Awards - The Best Adventure Games of 2016 - It probably wouldn’t surprise you to know that Alasdair Beckett-King is a stand-up comedian. It’s definitely no secret that he’s every bit as funny as a sit-down developer, with his swashbuckling pirate adventure Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet taking first place for top comic adventure writing. Led by its plucky eponymous heroine, who banters with Vikings, teases down-on-their-luck toffs, outwits and out-gabs a snooty bureaucrat and can snark with the very best, this tale of birds and brothers provides a constant barrage of groan-inducing puns (the best kind!), witty repartee, endearingly offbeat characters and wacky situations. It’s all so very British, sure to elicit snickers, snorts, and even the occasional guffaw while keeping a silly grin on any player’s face throughout. Well done, Alasdair. Stand up and tell a joke take a bow!”

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Here is my other ad:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

why not, i will add a vote for Nelly Cootalot, i have already won Mr.Alasdair Beckett-King giveaway of Nelly’s DVD & Hardback Art Book, in Astrid’s memory, 5 years ago

It’s the least we can do to remember Pollo Diablo, really.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

The best ad for The Fowl Fleet would be to mention the short prequel Spoonbeaks Ahoy is 50% off currently on Steam (around $2USD).

I’ll vote for it, Camp1, Shapeshifting Detective and Tony Tough.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (10) - Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Lady Kestrel, Mattaukamp, Sefir, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Bubba

Camp 1 (5) - Advie, Sefir, Luhr28, DCast, Cyfoyjvx
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Bubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx
The Night of the Rabbit (5) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan, Cyfoyjvx
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (5) - Luhr28, Sefir, DCast, Karlok, Cyfoyjvx

Face Noir (4) - Sefir (leader), Luhr28, DCast, Advie

Encodya (1) - Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lady Kristal, you missed cyfoyjvx‘s vote for Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet.

The best ad for The Fowl Fleet would be to mention the short prequel Spoonbeaks Ahoy is 50% off currently on Steam (around $2USD).

I’ll vote for it,

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Adv_Lvr.  I missed the little pronoun “it.”

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Add these votes from me:

Camp 1
The Night of the Rabbit
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Watch out Keepsake! We’re catching up Naughty

walas74 - 02 March 2021 02:26 PM

First of all, yes, Advie’s tactic worked fine! And when poll finishes, if Camp 1 is not chosen, he can always say the election was stolen and the Supreme Court did nothing Tongue

And that’s not even mentioning diego’s tax returns. Or the interference from those folks over at the JustAdventure forums.

Wheres RTrooney btw? It’s not feeling like a proper vote without him.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How long does Spoonbeaks Ahoy take to finish?
My OCD forbids me from playing The Fowl Fleet until I’ve played Spoonbeaks Ahoy… Innocent

@LadyK, you missed my vote for Tony Tough… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top