• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any p&c suggestions?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-12-14

PM

In the last few months, due to the pandemic, I’ve re-played through many old point and click game franchises like Black Mirror, Syberia, Secret Files, Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, Nibiru, Sinking Island etc.
I was digging around for similar games but all I could see is that people recommend Thimbleweed Park-like games which I am absolutely not a fan of..

Long story short, I am looking for a 2.5D story driven p&c mystery, adventure pc game with puzzles, black mirror like setting and memorable characters.

If someone has any recommendations that I might’ve overlooked, it would be highly appreciated.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Try the Last Express.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I am looking for a 2.5D story driven p&c mystery, adventure pc game with puzzles

May I suggest Boinihi the K’i Codex? Smile

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Art of murder: the first 3 games
Gray matter
Memento Mori 1 and 2
Cognition an erica reed thriller

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Origami - 14 December 2020 03:08 AM

Try the Last Express.

That’s not 2.5D, which is what the OP wants.

It’s a very specific request, which is good, but it also makes it very difficult to find many games to recommend, as the potential list of 2.5D mystery point and clicks which resemble Black Mirror is a very short list indeed.

Actually, right now I can’t think much of anything that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Black Sails: The Ghost Ship, maybe?
I’m not sure if that fits that “memorable characters” criteria though.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I second the two Memento Mori games. Would add The Moment of Silence if You haven’t played it already. Culpa Innata is a pretty good third person conspiracy mystery themed game too. Maybe The Lost Crown? Fantastic game.

I’m playing The Hand of Glory right now. I complained about being stuck on a pointless puzzle in another thread yesterday, but since finally finding my way through that the game has picked up pace and I’m quite enjoying it. It has the Broken Sword and Gabriel Knight games as an obvious source of inspiration. The puzzles ARE often pretty silly though and the tone is not as dark as the GK, BS or Black Mirror games, so that may be a problem for you. I recommend trying it out though.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Maybe you’ll enjoy this year’s Röki? It’s technically 3D, but plays like a 2.5D game with a non-interactive camera, and people tend to like it (I don’t, but that’s just me)).

There was also a great older title from the Moment of Silence creators called Overclocked, very grim and with plenty of memorable characters.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Veovis - 14 December 2020 04:15 PM

Would add The Moment of Silence if You haven’t played it already.

I was about to list that, but I couldn’t manage to fit that into “black mirror like setting and memorable characters” category.

Of course, if that’s OK, then there are other House of Tales games too:
- 15 Days
- Overclocked: A History of Violence
- The Mystery of the Druids

Whether these are good games or not is debatable on game by game basis, then again the OP didn’t specifically ask for good games, only 2.5D, mysteries, puzzles and such, and all of them do match that, “black mirror like setting and memorable characters” being the persistent problem.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Some safe bets would be Lost Chronicles of Zerzura and Mata Hari, since they’re by the same people as the Black Mirror games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

A New Beginning, The Whispered World and The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 and 2 should also be safe bets.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-10-06

PM

Try

Lost Horizon 1 and 2
Alpha Polaris (Free on steam!)
Paradise
Face Noir
Still life 1 and 2

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree completely, Still life 1 and 2 are simply amazing and must play games.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top