• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for game suggestions/similar titles to…

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-12-14

PM

Hi all,

In the past year, I got big into RPG/adventure games. I’ve just finished up the following and am craving something similar. I’ll give a bit of detail into why I loved some of the games, and would love LOVE your suggestions of similar titles:

Memoria and Chains of Satinav - part of the ‘Dark Eye’ universe. I just finished playing both back to back and LOVED them. Loved the story and gorgeous artwork, and the soundtrack was so well done -especially in Satinav. I know there are other games from this world/table top game background, but I’m not so into games that involve a ton of fighting. So anything with similar whimsical, dark, moving, fantastical storytelling would be welcomed.

Disco Elysium - loved the gorgeous music, visuals - but especially Harry’s story and his recovery, as a cop, a sensitive man, gaining an amazing friend in Kim, and varied connections with the townsfolk.

Thimbleweed Park - so detailed, loved the humor, the callbacks to classic point n clicks, and found it to be pretty moving in the end.

The Blackwell Saga - ahhh, I love Joey and Rosa so much! Great characters, really well done finale. So sad this series is over.

Speaking of, anything Wadjet eye - whether as dev/publisher: Kathy Rain, Unavowed, Whispers of a Machine, you name it.

The Night of the Rabbit - another Daedalus title (as is Memoria/Chains), and again, gorgeous music, art. Jerry Hazelnut is such a cute, determined little character! And great child voice acting. Truly loved how this game felt both childlike and epic - not childish. Like reading a classic story that kinda calms you.

The Broken Sword series.

Gabriel Knight 1 and 2. Haven’t yet played 3…

This list could go on longer, but I just wanted you all to catch my drift. Any similar suggestions? Pleeeease tell me.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great picks, but also that have a wide range to be able to suggest what exactly would appeal to you.

in the case of Memoria and Chains, have you tried the Black Mirror trilogy?
also what about Dead Synchronicity.

and you must also Try Edna and Harvey if like The Night of the Rabbit, it has the same cuteness but on a bit darker (humorous) level.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top