• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which actors would star in a Broken Sword movie?

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Hi guys. I thought it would be fun to discuss who you all think would star in a Broken Sword movie? I’m working on a project and I’d love to get your feedback.

From our social media groups we’ve come up with a few really good options so I suppose I’ll use some to get the ball rolling.

George - Aaron Eckhart
Nico - Eva Green

I’m looking forward to getting your input my adventure game brothers and sisters.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I love Aaron Eckhart as an actor, but I think you need someone in his 30s or maximum early 40s for the role. Remember he was supposed to be in his 20s in the first game.

I’d go with either Ryan Gosling or Armie Hammer for George.

I like the idea of picking an actual French (or at least half-French) actress for Nico. My first thought was Marion Cotillard, but she’s also in her mid-40s already, which might be okay for pairing up with Gosling, but would have a visible age gap with Armie Hammer.

So I’m more inclined to go with Clémence Poésy or Léa Seydoux. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

George - Robert Redford
Nico - Anna Karina

Or does it need to be current actors?

George is difficult because in the early games he comes across as kinda goofy, then later adopts a sort of swashbuckling Brad Pitt sort of character. A younger Peter O’Toole might also be a good fit if it weren’t for the accent.

Also, did you see this?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Although now too old (but still gorgeous!) Monica Bellucci circa her appearances in The Matrix would be perfect for Nicole.
Edited to add a photo I found on my Imgur account when posting some stuff under Chit Chat.This is her from The Matrix:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I like Eva Green also for Nico. How about Tom Cruise for George?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Mikekelly - 09 July 2020 06:36 AM

Heart

Oh no no no. George is already annoyingly American, please no Tom Cruise making it completely unbearable… Brendan Fraser definitely could work, he has the right kind of charm too to make one like him even though he seems very American golden boy.

And I don’t really like the idea of Eva Green as Nico, though I do love Eva Green. But when I think of Nico, I think of someone petite and flirty. Eva in my eyes is bony (in a good way) and kind of aggressively erotic. I have no doubt she could pull it off being such a great actress, but not my ideal Nico, no. I’d like a French actress for it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

millenia - 09 July 2020 02:48 PM

Heart

Oh no no no. George is already annoyingly American, please no Tom Cruise making it completely unbearable… Brendan Fraser definitely could work, he has the right kind of charm too to make one like him even though he seems very American golden boy.

LOL if Tom Cruise is in it then I couldn’t watch it because I have a rule that I don’t watch movies that might benefit the cult of scientology.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And I don’t really like the idea of Eva Green as Nico, though I do love Eva Green. But when I think of Nico, I think of someone petite and flirty. Eva in my eyes is bony (in a good way) and kind of aggressively erotic. I have no doubt she could pull it off being such a great actress, but not my ideal Nico, no. I’d like a French actress for it.

But Eva Green IS a French actress… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m going to go with slightly unintuitive suggestion of Olga Kurylenko. She is Russian and Ukranian actress but moved to France at the age 16 and, I believe, lived there ever since. She speaks perfect French and has done plenty of French cinema along with Hollywood blockbusters. I can totally see her doing Nico.

Too bad, I don’t really see Daniel Craig as George, although I’m sure he’d be able to pull it off Grin

I’d have to think about George some more, because Owen Wilson immediately came to mind and he’s waaay too aloof/goofy for him in my opinion.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Jabod - 09 July 2020 05:06 AM

Although now too old (but still gorgeous!) Monica Bellucci circa her appearances in The Matrix would be perfect for Nicole.
Edited to add a photo I found on my Imgur account when posting some stuff under Chit Chat.

You don’t think Monica Bellucci is too overtly sexy for Nico? Then (and even now), she could be wearing a potato sack and still saying “pure sex” with the way she looks. I think Nico’s appeal is a bit more muted in that department.

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

DCast - 09 July 2020 07:30 PM

I’m going to go with slightly unintuitive suggestion of Olga Kurylenko. She is Russian and Ukranian actress but moved to France at the age 16 and, I believe, lived there ever since. She speaks perfect French and has done plenty of French cinema along with Hollywood blockbusters. I can totally see her doing Nico.

Too bad, I don’t really see Daniel Craig as George, although I’m sure he’d be able to pull it off Grin

I’d have to think about George some more, because Owen Wilson immediately came to mind and he’s waaay too aloof/goofy for him in my opinion.

She is a great option. Thanks for bringing her up.

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2020 03:42 AM

I love Aaron Eckhart as an actor, but I think you need someone in his 30s or maximum early 40s for the role. Remember he was supposed to be in his 20s in the first game.

I’d go with either Ryan Gosling or Armie Hammer for George.

I like the idea of picking an actual French (or at least half-French) actress for Nico. My first thought was Marion Cotillard, but she’s also in her mid-40s already, which might be okay for pairing up with Gosling, but would have a visible age gap with Armie Hammer.

So I’m more inclined to go with Clémence Poésy or Léa Seydoux. Tongue

He’s my favorite but his age is the only draw back. You are spot on.

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Vehelon - 09 July 2020 04:40 AM

George - Robert Redford
Nico - Anna Karina

Or does it need to be current actors?

George is difficult because in the early games he comes across as kinda goofy, then later adopts a sort of swashbuckling Brad Pitt sort of character. A younger Peter O’Toole might also be a good fit if it weren’t for the accent.

Also, did you see this?

Ive not see this. Thanks for sharing.
I like the idea of a young Robert Redford. Sundance Kid era.

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

TimovieMan - 09 July 2020 05:31 PM

But Eva Green IS a French actress… Wink

She’s beautiful too.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Heart

So does George!

Agreed Tom Cruise isn’t right. He doesn’t have the swagger of the role, and nor does Ryan Gosling. You need someone charismatic and with real presence. A combination of Brendan Fraser and younger Robert Redford would be perfect.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I actually think Ryan Gosling would have been totally able to pull it off.  While Aaron Eckhart has the “classic look” of George, acting matters a great deal, and Ryan Gosling, while definitely having the “golden boy with a sweet smile look” could make George personality come to life because he’s a great actor.
I work in film, so this topic is interesting to me. While, I haven’t quite found a near perfect match for George inside my mind, here are some options on the top off my head:

Older guys (sine we’re mentioning them just for fun):

Josh Holloway

Patrick Wilson

Still kinda think both - Luke Wilson and his brother Owen Wilson (if he’d reign his “silly” in) could be contenders.

Maybe Bradley Cooper as well?

Younger guys:

Hunter Parrish (and his actiing in “Weeds” shows he has a great talent for comedy)

Ashton Kutcher. If you put George’s hairstyle on him, he can make it happen. Dude’s a good actor too.

Chris Hemsworth:

Also can see Josh Hartnett and Ryan Phillipe able to “compete” for the role Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top