• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

3rd person point and click Adventure game like SYBERIA

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-05-17

PM

Hello everyone:)

Maybe someone will be able to help me. For the last few days I was trying to find an adventure game that have the same controls of the character like Syberia. Recently I got Syberia 3 and Im really disappointed, the controls are changes and its very hard to navigate on PC. Im afraid to purchase a game that doesnt have those features that i like.

I really dont want to use my keyboard to navigate…

Can someone please recomend me a game lenghty.
I played already - the longest journey/paradise/amerzone/agatha cristie

Help Smile Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Here are some games that fit the 3rd person point-and-click requirement, and which should work on modern versions of Windows as long as you get an updated download from a site like GOG/Steam/Humble/etc…
Book of Unwritten Tales
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Dark Eye: Memoria (sequel to Chains of Satinav and much better IMO)
Night of the Rabbit
The Whispered World

Post Mortem
Still Life—a sequel to Post Mortem—be warned that it’s an investigation of serial killings and is very bloody in places if that kind of thing bothers you.

Black Mirror series…
Black Mirror
Black Mirror 2
Black Mirror 3
(Black Mirror 2 and 3 were made by a different developer)

Grim Fandango—a re-release of the 1998 game updated to use point-and-click and some graphics enhancements. Not sure if this is your interest because the characters aren’t “realistic” to look at. Excellent game though.

There are other games where, if you’re using a disc version, you may have issues playing on a modern computer due to DRM or other incompatibilities. If you find a downloadable re-release at GOG/Steam/Humble/etc the game should work though.

For example, the City Interactive games…
Art of Murder: FBI Confidential
Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer
Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny
Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual

(beware—later games in the Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery series are casual games. The five games I listed above are the only ones in these series that are adventure games.

Secret Files series…
Secret Files: Tunguska
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
Secret Files 3
Secret Files: Sam Peters (very short compared to the other three)

Memento Mori
Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality

The Agatha Christie games may also have issues on modern versions of Windows. Should work on Windows XP though if you have an older computer…

And then There were None
Murder on the Orient Express
Evil Under the Sun

ABC Murders—is a newer game by a different developer, characters are more “cartoony” and more “casual” in nature than the older ones, but still considered more adventure than casual.

House of Tales games…
Moment of Silence
Overclocked: A History of Violence
15 Days (from what I’ve read, it may be very buggy)
Curse of the Ghost Ship

Jon Boakes games…
The Lost Crown
The Last Crown: Midnight Horror   (short game—may be worth playing if you enjoyed The Lost Crown)

Keepsake—a one shot wonder from a developer that made no other adventure games. More logic-based puzzles than most adventure games, making it similar to Safecracker or Jewels of the Oracle as far as puzzles. 

If you are OK with cartoony games, there are a lot more options, like the recently released Thimbleweed Park, Viktor, Nelly Cootalot, Demetrios, etc.

If you are OK with pixel art, there are games like Kathy Rain, Technobabylon, Primordia, and others.

This list is not exhaustive—just what I happened to remember.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

diamond1106 - 17 May 2017 12:08 PM

Hello everyone:)

Maybe someone will be able to help me. For the last few days I was trying to find an adventure game that have the same controls of the character like Syberia. Recently I got Syberia 3 and Im really disappointed, the controls are changes and its very hard to navigate on PC. Im afraid to purchase a game that doesnt have those features that i like.

I really dont want to use my keyboard to navigate…

Can someone please recomend me a game lenghty.
I played already - the longest journey/paradise/amerzone/agatha cristie

Help Smile Smile

Most adventure games use point-and-click controls. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of them. Crabapple’s recommendations are solid but they are all third-person. You’ve played Amerzone so you seem you are not averse to first-person games either.

You gotta give us more about what you like so we can tailor our suggestions better.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

There is a search function on the site that can give you exactly what you are looking for. Got to Games—> Games A-Z and on the right hand side select “point and click” and “3rd person”.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

BitingWit - 17 May 2017 08:50 PM

There is a search function on the site that can give you exactly what you are looking for. Got to Games—> Games A-Z and on the right hand side select “point and click” and “3rd person”.

Yup. And enjoy wading through 135 pages of games.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Thought of a couple more…

Lost Horizon (the first one from 2010)
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

If your looking for classic point and click games that look like Syberia 1&2 (third person, illustrated realism, interesting plot, beautiful locations, lots of inventory puzzles, relaxed gameplay, etc.) I would strongly recommend (in no particular order):

- Lost Horizon 1
- Still Life 1
- Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
- Broken Sword 1, 2 & 5 (you can go ahead and skip Broken Sword 3 & 4)
- Moebius: Empire Rising (a lot of people hated it, I really liked it, except for that stupid maze at the end of the game… still an ejoyable game all the same).
- Secret Files 1, 2 & Sam Peters
- Gray Matter

If you don’t mind old school, pixel graphics I would strongly recommend most Wadjet Eye games, specially:

- Resonance
- Gemini Rue
- Blackwell series

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-05-17

PM

Hello again:)

Thank you very much for recommendations, playing Art of Murder.
There was a post saying I can filter results, however even if you choose option point and click 3rd person it s not always a case..

good example - SYBERIA 3.

Thanks again!

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

diamond1106 - 18 May 2017 05:47 PM

Hello again:)

Thank you very much for recommendations, playing Art of Murder.
There was a post saying I can filter results, however even if you choose option point and click 3rd person it s not always a case..

good example - SYBERIA 3.

Thanks again!

Syberia 3 doesn’t show up for me under point and click:

It tells you the control method (Gamepad, Keyboard, Touch)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Actually, it did earlier. I never imagined that Syberia 3 wouldn’t be P&C when I set the entry up so long ago, and forgot to update it when it turned out not to be.

It’s fixed now, and certainly such errors would be rare. so that filter should be 99.99% accurate.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

TLJ?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-05-20

PM

Black mirror is a very good serie. I advise you to try it.

Jill, here’s a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

crabapple - 17 May 2017 02:46 PM

Here are some games that fit the 3rd person point-and-click requirement, and which should work on modern versions of Windows as long as you get an updated download from a site like GOG/Steam/Humble/etc…

Post Mortem

Actually, Post Mortem is first person, if I remember correctly.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-02-03

PM

BitingWit - 17 May 2017 08:50 PM

Does this function still exist. I cannot find A-Z under “Games” only “games Database” and there does not seem to be anything on the right to select point and click por 3rd person.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The Games A-Z and search filters have been separated, so for the latter use this page instead.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

In terms of atmospherics, The Dig is one of the most similarly evocative games to Syberia that I have played. Just be aware that while it is absolutely not even nearly as challenging as people tend to say it is (I’m not terribly good at puzzles, and was able to beat it without a walk through), it is definitely more challenging than Syberia.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top