• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieHenk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 21 April 2017 03:46 AM

Playing Firewatch, very cool and soothing.. does the choices made at the beginning makes any difference, whether this or that?

Which choices do you mean? It’s not really that kind of game. Your dialogue choices can affect your relationship with Delilah but other than that, just relax and enjoy the game.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Anyone else played The Black Watchmen?

I’m having a great time with it, only ~8 levels in.  It’s defo got that “just one more level” addiction; ended up staying up way later than I intended last night.

The only criticism I would have (and it’s very, very minor) is that it feels enough like work that I feel a bit guilty for not working.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 21 April 2017 05:59 AM
Advie - 21 April 2017 03:46 AM

Playing Firewatch, very cool and soothing.. does the choices made at the beginning makes any difference, whether this or that?

Which choices do you mean? It’s not really that kind of game. Your dialogue choices can affect your relationship with Delilah but other than that, just relax and enjoy the game.

thanks dude, needed to know what this is really about.. still stands a good adventure

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-04-21

PM

Right now I am playing Gold Rush! and just finished King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. I have to say that Gold Rush! is pretty challenging, but most of that challenge seems to be through trial and error and the timed elements. I do like the historical aspects, and the graphics look like they were probably nice for the time. I dug King’s Quest IV a lot; it is definitely the best of the first four games, with a much better story and fewer annoying deaths Smile I have been working my way through every Sierra adventure game in release order. It has been interesting to see the progression of graphics and gameplay mechanics.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

SuperTravis - 21 April 2017 11:30 PM

Right now I am playing Gold Rush! and just finished King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. I have to say that Gold Rush! is pretty challenging, but most of that challenge seems to be through trial and error and the timed elements. I do like the historical aspects, and the graphics look like they were probably nice for the time. I dug King’s Quest IV a lot; it is definitely the best of the first four games, with a much better story and fewer annoying deaths Smile I have been working my way through every Sierra adventure game in release order. It has been interesting to see the progression of graphics and gameplay mechanics.

I used to love playing gold rush. Are you playing the remake or original version?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-04-21

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 21 April 2017 11:36 PM
SuperTravis - 21 April 2017 11:30 PM

I used to love playing gold rush. Are you playing the remake or original version?

Original version here, man. I have been trying to complete every adventure game developed by Sierra, on Twitch. I might get around to the remake eventually, but I just want to do authentic Sierra for now Smile Gold Rush! is pretty darned hard at first because I had to figure out what to do within the short time limit, but I really like the attention to historical detail, and the atmosphere. An overall good game so far. I did have to restart a few times.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 20 April 2017 11:49 PM
Henke - 19 April 2017 07:28 PM
Oscar - 17 April 2017 03:36 AM

I just began The Sexy Brutale.

Just finished it. This game was amazing. It even earns a spot at my list of all-time favourites.

Highly recommended to those who haven’t played it yet.  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

It’s absolutely great, isn’t it? It has far surpassed my expectations.  Smile

I’ve started The Sexy Brutale. I wanted to play something with this system for some time now. It’s looking very promising

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

dumbeur - 21 April 2017 07:20 AM

Anyone else played The Black Watchmen?

I’m having a great time with it, only ~8 levels in.  It’s defo got that “just one more level” addiction; ended up staying up way later than I intended last night.

The only criticism I would have (and it’s very, very minor) is that it feels enough like work that I feel a bit guilty for not working.

Yeah I’ve played it a while ago. I like the idea a lot, but I didn’t think it was fine tuned enough. I was frustrated by little things such as the emails I sent not registering and needing to be overly precise with things. Maybe Season 2 has those bugs ironed out for a smoother experience. I also wasn’t fooled one bit by the stuff being real, it was so obvious when sites were fake so it was hard to take seriously. And there wasn’t much reward for completing a mission, just another mission. Too much like work!

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

im playing sherlock holmes- crime and punishment.

I really like it so far. each case is at least interesting even if the writing and clues for some cases leaves a lot to be desired. The graphics look great, and 90 percent of the voice actors are really good. I feel like watson is underused in the game. There is lighting issues again and a couple of graphical glitches though.

I have finished the first three cases, with number 3 being my favorite so far, bc it has got a tomb raider, uncharted vibe going on in that case. But the third chapter also has a lot of plot holes and leaps of logic, spoilers aheadThis case goes out of its way to try and create a red herring. you find silver melted in a fire, and after you recast it; the silver makes a dagger. which is cool until you really think about it. The silver in the fire was from a coin and there would be no way it would be enough to make a dagger even though holmes creates one. the actual murder weapon wad a dagger but was made out of ice. But there is a problem with that too. the dagger was kept in an ice bucket outside in a changing room, but no one ever saw the bucket, which is highly unlikely. Just a lot of leaps of faith and logic in that case after saying that though I enjoy most of the puzzles, even if the way you have to control some of the puzzles is counter intuitive, and I love the
setting. Overall so far the game gets a solid 8 from me.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I *finally* started playing The Last Express, but hit a point (after Venice) where I’m unsure of how to proceed and end up walking up and down the train without really advancing things.

So I took a small break to play the Remastered version of Full Throttle. The epicness in HD! Gone Jackals with crisper sound than ever!!!  Cool  Cool  Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Syberia 3. Can only find the energy to play it in pretty small chunks at a time. The story is ok (five hours in) and the atmosphere and graphical design is good but there are design elements here that I can’t understand how they could be implemented in the final product. It’s a bit of a chore to play unfortunately, with a buggy and unpolished feel throughout. Much has been said about the poor controls, but my main problem is with the camera. It’s more often than not in a useless place and it’s player controlled movement is extremely restricted (and slooooow). I would love to be able to look around the gameworld or at least be able to line up the camera behind the character when moving around, but no such possibility as far as I’ve been able to find. The interface is a mess, especially with a controller, which on the other hand is needed to have at least decent control over Kate’s movements. Well, well. Hope it will be improved through a bunch of patches eventually, but I fear some of the more fundamental flaws will be hard to fix. Still an ok game though, just not as fantastic as it could have been with better gameplay design.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Replaying Simon the Sorcerer (1). Not quite sure why; I guess it’s just been a while.

I had forgotten how gorgeous it looks and sounds (contrary to its mediocre sequel). The dialogue is reasonably funny, and doesn’t get overlong the way it tends to in so many British comedic games (including its mediocre sequel—can you see a trend here?). The puzzles seem absolutely ridiculous to me, but I remember all of them, so I don’t know how I’d judge them if I didn’t.

Enjoying this more than I thought I would.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I had Simon the Sorcerer on the Amiga in it’s day. A great game - loved playing it.

Heart

I am currently NOT playing any adventure games.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

simon the sorcerer 1 is my favorite game of all time. I have played that like 30 times already. If it is a rainy dreary day I will load that game up and play it. I just love everything about that game.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Been awhile since I’ve been here, just been gaming more than boarding… Playing the Full Throttle remake which is glorious. Also finally stepping into the new Kings Quest which I love the settings, wish they kept it a little more classic tho in terms of overall feel.

Coming up soon will be Kathy Rain and Order of the Throne, have many more but might also replay some classics

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top