• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkCarlesVeoviswalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The adventure game discount thread

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

I’m downloading Secret Files: Tunguska. I wanted to check that game out when it was released but didn’t get around to it.

A couple more that I noticed are Outcry and Next Life.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

All four Blackwell games are $9.99 as a bundle for the next week on GOG.

(This is the lowest price I’ve seen for the Blackwell games. As a comparison, the same bundle sells for $19.99 on Steam, and the first three Blackwell games are $14.99 on the Wadjet Eye Games site.)

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Tex Murphy weekend at GOG! All the Tex Morphy games are 50% off.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

The Steam news page has the Space Quest Collection (1-6) as the daily deal at 75% off ($4.99) but it hasn’t been reflected in the store yet. I imagine the price will change shortly.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10110/

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

There’s a new Humble Indie Bundle with an adventure game in it.

In this bundle:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Psychonauts
LIMBO
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP

Beat the average to get:
Bastion

Pay what you want. DRM-free multiplatform games. $1+ gets you Steam keys. Charity. All the usual humble bundle stuff applies.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Pretty amazing lineup in the new HIB.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

You’ll have to act fast but GameStop has the collector’s edition of Alan Wake with all DLC on their Flash Friday sale tomorrow at 12 noon CST for $11.89.  Only 500 copies will be available at that price.
Sale link

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Never heard of this stuff before. They’ve had J.U.L.I.A. and a bundle with Gray Matter and Edna & Harvey, Heroes VI… sigh, should have tried those.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

For some reason, new replies in this thread are not marked with a yellow icon on the main forum page. Anybody else have this problem?

BTW, that humble bundle lineup is amazing!

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

I agree: the new Humble has gathered perhaps the most impressive lineup yet (although at the price of stretching the definition of “indie” quite a bit), but I am surprised the Bundle-in-a-Box hasn’t generated more enthusiasm around here. There is one gorgeously looking debut plus four (six if you shell out $5 instead of minimum $1) extremely well-reviewed indies, including one practically brand new and one never before available digitally. Seriously, it’s the first of the dozens me-too bundles that cropped up after the success of HIB where I don’t see a weak link or filler. Plus the promotion is apparently (co-?)created by the gnome, who used to be a prolific AG forumite.

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I already have most of the games on that bundle, otherwise would buy it immediately.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I got bundle in a box. Agreed, its a really good pack.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Joining the “bundle-in-a-box deserves more love” crowd. I had everything besides 1893 and (obviously) the new Jonas Kyratzes game, so I was reluctant at first, but praise in various places for A World’s Fair Mystery convinced me. There’s also the Indie Dev Grant - one of the games showcased currently on Gnome’s Lair will get some funding from the proceeds.
Agustin Cordes put together a nice write-up on the bundle.

In other news, not and adventure game, but Bill Tiller made the art for today’s Steam Daily Deal - Snuggle Truck.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Hmm.. I have been completely oblivious to Bundle-in-a-box.

Humble bundle keeps making bundles with games I already own (I have everything besides Sword and Sorcery in the latest one) but the bundle in a box has several games I don’t own but have been considering to buy.

Thank you for the link to the write-up!

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Bundle-in-a-box is proof that we are indeed living in an age of miracles and wonder.

Take my money. Take it now. I’ve been tempted by 1893 and Metal Dead for a while, and who cares if I’ve played most of the others?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top