• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

*** Edited by TimovieMan ***

This thread is where we vote for the next Community Playthrough.
To keep it from growing unnecessarily long (and ultimately irrelevant for the CPT’s at hand), only the voting rounds for the previous and the current Community Playthrough can be found here.

The voting rounds for earlier CPT’s can be found in the Archived thread.

*** Edited by TimovieMan ***

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Since the current CPT has been unpinned. I guess it’s time to return the thread to the front page.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

oh hey i thought this thread got lost over some argument.

you know what, i’ll nominate and lead two classic playthroughs: Loom and Normality. I’ll throw in a recent game under the same conditions: Dexter Stardust, Adventures in Outer Space.

of course i’d be remiss if i didn’t throw The Epsilon Outcome into the mix. it’s an underdog title but i’ll say it again: solid classic adventure.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #77 will end at midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 8.

Dexter Stardust: Adventures in Outer Space (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
The Epsilon Outcome (1) - Vegetable Party
Loom (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
Normality (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)

Nominations from the last round were:
The Black Mirror
Syberia 4

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will re-nominate Syberia 4 and add NOCOR

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #77 will end at midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 8.

Dexter Stardust: Adventures in Outer Space (1) -  Vegetable Party (leader)
The Epsilon Outcome (1) - Vegetable Party
Loom (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
Nocor (1) - Rtrooney
Normality (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
Syberia 4 (1) - Rtrooney

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I need to get this out of the way. There are some health issues happening in the rtrooney household. I will play the games I nominated should they win. But I cannot say I will have the time to lead either. Just saying in case that might affect a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

There’s already quite a few nominated, but I think I’ll add one or two into the mix.

The Black Mirror The original 2.5D one. Amazingly atmospheric horror game. Would be happy to lead it.

The Council Non traditional adventure game sort of RPG mechanics in that you level up skills but no combat - it’s definitely a narrative adventure. Interesting historical and supernatural elements. Would be happy to lead.

The Lost Crown Possibly there was already a playthrough of this ages ago, too lazy to check, but another atmospheric masterpiece of a game. Would be happy to lead.

3 quite dark and horror-y offerings to be fair, but all great games if you’re into that sort of thing.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I’ll vote for The Council, mainly because it’s the only game I can afford at this time.

And what the hell, nominate Colossal Cave Adventure (1976). Why play the Williams’ $100 remake when you can play the original for free?

Never heard of Nocor, care to enlighten us with your sales pitch Rtrooney?

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s probably Norco, not Nocor.

I would join The Last Crown, never played it. The Black Mirror is great game, but I already played it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

diego - 23 February 2023 05:05 AM

That’s probably Norco, not Nocor.

I would join The Last Crown, never played it. The Black Mirror is great game, but I already played it.

I wish we could have a CPT of The Last Crown. Unfortunately it hasn’t been released yet, despite being announced around ten years ago.Smile With Mr. Boakes’ games the best mindset is to ignore announcements and just play whatever happen to suddenly appear, which is rarely a previously announced game at all.

The Lost Crown however is one of my favorite games of all time and highly suited for a CPT.

But my vote goes to Normality and The Epsilon Outcome. Haven’t played either of those.

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

LOL, yeah!

Nocor, The Last Crown… I love this round of voting of imaginary games. Let me nominate Gabriel Knight 4 and A Vampyre Story 2 as well.  Crazy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Smile Come to think of it though, wasn’t The Midnight Horror actually a The Last Crown game? But I’m pretty sure you weren’t referring to that one…

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

There is The Last Crown: Midnight Horror (as Veovis already pointed out). I’d like to play it, but I think it’s a bit too short for a cpt. And there was definitely a Lost Crown cpt back when the game was released, with Mr. Boakes presenting it himself. I didn’t participate unfortunately (didn’t even exist back then), but many others did. Also I think you might have trouble running it on modern systems. At least I tried to play it last summer and failed. Of course, I also fail to run any Microids game today, so it might be just me.

I think some curious games were planned for the late February/early March releases, but I can’t recall which. STASIS 2? Pierre Gilhodes said that he only started working on the last level of Gobliiins, so it probably won’t be out for several more months.

Oh yes, Dreams in the Witch House was released just recently and it gets positive feedback. I don’t know much about it except that it mixes adventure and RPG elements, that it is based on Lovecraft and that it has pixels. It even got 4.5 stars from AG, although it doesn’t say much about the game these days…

So I’ll vote for The Black Mirror and Gabriel Knight 4 for now. No wait, I confused it with Black Mirror 2. I remembered the first BM as a very sadistic experience where you had to click every tiny spot to progress, then return and do it again after something would happen. I don’t think I will manage it the second time) I’ll just nominate Witch House for now and keep Lost Crowns in mind.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

woohoo!

i’d lead The Epsilon Outcome as well, by the way. it’s on the short end of a mid-sized game.

Normality is so mid-90s it should come with a pair of cargo shorts. i’ve only played the demo, but i don’t mind using a walkthrough if need be (no spoilers for participants of course).

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Doom - 23 February 2023 09:02 AM

There is The Last Crown: Midnight Horror (as Veovis already pointed out). I’d like to play it, but I think it’s a bit too short for a cpt

I thought Midnight Horror was terribly bad. A short game set in the same town as The Lost Crown, but with a probably deliberately silly tone. I almost wish I could unplay it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top