• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which games feature protagonist’s diary?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2017-07-22

PM

Reading a diary of the main character is something I particularly enjoyed in The Longest Journey, Life Is Strange series, and recently I also found a nice diary in Resident Evil Village. Another game I can recall, actually a whole adventure subgenre that are those published by Artifex Mundi, virtually all have a diary to read. I can’t recall more and I hope you’ll come with some aid here so we can build a list focusing around this engaging theme.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Many games have that, but not all of them are “Dear Diary…” kind of entries.

For instance, in Shenmue the diary keeps updating all the time, but it’s more like a hintbook that records some main points from conversations and such.

If you mean diaries which reflect what the protagonist is actually feeling inside, then I can’t recall any game immediately, but I know there are those too.

Stasis could be an interesting footnote here, as the protagonist himself doesn’t have a diary, but seemingly anyone else does. And reading those diaries which are lying around is actually the only way to get one small, but kind of shocking detail about the plot.

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Culpa Innata has a good diary too.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top