• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Thank you for these excellent introductions Tenebra.

I’ll start playing tomorrow, using easy mode since I don’t find the quick time events amusing.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Happy birthday, Tenebra!

I wonder what this game has in store for us. I have a late shift today, so I have a couple of hours to spare right now. Honestly pretty excited, I quite enjoy these CPTs and this game seems interesting.

edit: first impressions are pretty good. I’m reminded of renting movies with my friends in the early 2000s. Good atmosphere, I like the way the game sets up the story. I’m already thinking about my choices after the first change of perspective, but it doesn’t seem overwhelming.

The controls are alright. I can’t say the extra movements really do anything to increase the immersion for me. I feel they might dissuade some people from playing, which would be a shame. Then again, maybe this type of input does work for others, to feel like an engaging participant? Interested to hear other peoples ideas and experiences in this regard.

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

¡Feliz cumpleaños, Tenebra!

I hope you enjoy your birthday. I will play those chapters this weekend.

Thanks for all!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Even though I won’t be participating in the play through of this game.I just wanted to give my one quick thought. I absolutely adored the demo of this game, I think the first level is amazing with the murder and cover up and then playing the cop trying to solve the murder. the rest of the game fell apart quickly for me. I never will have any interest to revisit the game again. Although I am very curious to see what some of y’all think of it

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Tenebra - 08 May 2021 08:03 PM

Press them together. I hope this helps.

It’s been a couple of years since I played the game, but if memory serves me my main problem with the action sequences at first was that I thought that I had to wait for the sequence to play out in its entirety before repeating it back. It took a few failed attempts before I realized that it expected me to follow along as the sequence was playing.

I wish the tutorial had been a bit clearer about that!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I want to wish you a happy bday also! I too will play the chapters completely by this weekend.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Pegbiter - 11 May 2021 01:06 AM

I’ll start playing tomorrow, using easy mode since I don’t find the quick time events amusing.

You’re welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

Vegetable Party - 11 May 2021 01:43 AM

Happy birthday, Tenebra!

walas74 - 11 May 2021 06:01 AM

Thanks for all!

Adv_Lvr - 11 May 2021 06:31 PM

I want to wish you a happy bday also! I too will play the chapters completely by this weekend.

Heart

Thank you for the wish, it is appreciated.

edit: first impressions are pretty good. I’m reminded of renting movies with my friends in the early 2000s. Good atmosphere, I like the way the game sets up the story. I’m already thinking about my choices after the first change of perspective, but it doesn’t seem overwhelming.

The controls are alright. I can’t say the extra movements really do anything to increase the immersion for me. I feel they might dissuade some people from playing, which would be a shame. Then again, maybe this type of input does work for others, to feel like an engaging participant? Interested to hear other peoples ideas and experiences in this regard.

That is one of the key points, to question the decisions we make. What do I do?  What would I do if I were in their situation?

Jdawg445 - 11 May 2021 08:58 AM

Even though I won’t be participating in the play through of this game.I just wanted to give my one quick thought. I absolutely adored the demo of this game, I think the first level is amazing with the murder and cover up and then playing the cop trying to solve the murder. the rest of the game fell apart quickly for me. I never will have any interest to revisit the game again. Although I am very curious to see what some of y’all think of it

I never played the demo, I just jumped into it blindly and was pleasantly surprised at the time. I’m also curious about what others will think about it especially those who never played it and even more if we consider that this is an adventure forum and most of us (I think) value this aspect more than direct action, and in this game the action sequences play an important role and can become a determining factor in the enjoyment. We’ll see how the rest of the participants will digest it. Although I don’t know if you mean the story rather than the action sequences.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Tenebra - 11 May 2021 08:15 PM
Pegbiter - 11 May 2021 01:06 AM

You’re welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

Happy birthday, Tenebra!

walas74 - 11 May 2021 06:01 AM

Thanks for all!

Adv_Lvr - 11 May 2021 06:31 PM

Heart

Thank you for the wish, it is appreciated.

That is one of the key points, to question the decisions we make. What do I do?  What would I do if I were in their situation?

Jdawg445 - 11 May 2021 08:58 AM

I never played the demo, I just jumped into it blindly and was pleasantly surprised at the time. I’m also curious about what others will think about it especially those who never played it and even more if we consider that this is an adventure forum and most of us (I think) value this aspect more than direct action, and in this game the action sequences play an important role and can become a determining factor in the enjoyment. We’ll see how the rest of the participants will digest it. Although I don’t know if you mean the story rather than the action sequences.

Both, i think a lot of people will hate the qte everywhere. Then when it comes to the story I think it contains a lot of the worst of David cage’s writing.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Am i the first to finish the section?

So what i like so far:

Story is very interesting and i m allready hooked to it and cant wait to see how it unfolds.
I absolutely love the music. I think it has been really long time that i liked music so much in a game. The game also has great atmosphere. Anyone else gets a silent hill vibe?

What i didnt like:

Controlling the character could be a lot more smooth. While you are in open spaces L1 and R1 on ps controller move the camera left and right freely. But while you are in close spaces like rooms, which is the majority of time, there is no free camera and the angles are fixed. Also somehow L1 moves to next fixed angle to the right, while R1 moves to the left, which is the opposite than when you are outside. It would be perfect if there was a free camera inside but i guess they made it that way for technical reasons.

The two QTE i found so far, were not clear what you need to do, or at least it took some retries for me to understand how they work.

Also when in conversation you get to chose from 2-4 words but the time moves so fast that i can barely read the words, and usually i just chose the more fancy one. I understand that the aim was for you to choose fast so you dont overthink it, but the times goes so fast that the only thing you have time for is reading the choices.

The icons around the rooms you can interact with are not clear what they do. Also sometimes they raise your psyche and sometimes they lower it, and there is no way to know if you dont try them.

Lastly there are 3 scenarios so far where you have limited time to do stuff or the game fails and you have to reload. I guess they are the main form of puzzles in the game. I failed those many times and it seems that you get clues by failing them. It reminds me a little of infocom text adventures where you have to die to get hints what to do. The scenario at the protagonist house annoyed me a lot before i solved it, but then it felt very satisfying. The game certainly makes you feel tense.

Anyway thats all, and despite the negatives i wrote, you get used fast to them and the positive aspects of the game are way more.

Also the designer must have a fetich with peeing or something.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nico2021 - 12 May 2021 11:40 AM

Story is very interesting and i m allready hooked to it and cant wait to see how it unfolds.
I absolutely love the music. I think it has been really long time that i liked music so much in a game.

Agree on the story, the way you’re drawn into it works really well. I’m not sure if it’s going to be good, but its atmosphere and the way it doses information is great so far.

Thanks for pointing out the music, I’m starting up the game after typing this and I’ll pay extra attention. Haven’t played “Silent Hill”, but good music is always bonus for me.

The way the game builds up tension is pretty cool indeed.

And the peeing.. yeah I found that weird as well. In the first scene, it took me by surprise.. Like, right now? Really?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I absolutely love the music. I think it has been really long time that i liked music so much in a game. The game also has great atmosphere. Anyone else gets a silent hill vibe?

Uh no, no Silent Hill vibe here. At least not any I have played.

Anyway, the controls are also difficult on an iPad too, but I do like them better than a joystick for this game.

QTEs tend to be easier with touch controls. I myself hate timed puzzles, thank god in this game on easy mode you can pretty much complete them in the time allotted.

Anyway, so far so good, looking forward to playing more of the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I know that whatever I am doing wrong has a very simple solution. But going back and re-trying everyone’s solutions has not met with success. And while I will continue to try, it is obvious that action solutions that are required in this game are not for me, given the controls that I am unable to master. Have at it! I will be following the thread for the fun of seeing how everyone is progressing.

Sometime towards the end of the playthrough, I’ll probably watch a YouTube video of the whole thing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Understandable. From what I can tell, they’re worse when playing with a keyboard. I wish there was an option to turn off the sequences and just play Fahrenheit as a straight up adventure game.

I hope you’ll comment every now and then, I was looking forward to your succinct and grounded commentary. Not in the least to balance out my wide eyed fascination and low key tendency to ramble.

Personally, I’ve mixed feelings about the QTEs. In some situations, they do add to the sense of tension, but I haven’t made up my mind whether I think this is clever or cheap.

I am enjoying the game. It got kind of weird pretty fast, though.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Nico2021 - 12 May 2021 11:40 AM

Am i the first to finish the section?

So what i like so far:

Being a big Silent Hill fan, I didn’t really notice anything in terms of vibe that reminded me of that love. I agree however that the music is great and helps a lot in creating that particular atmosphere that the game has.

What i didnt like:

Also when in conversation you get to chose from 2-4 words but the time moves so fast that i can barely read the words, and usually i just chose the more fancy one. I understand that the aim was for you to choose fast so you dont overthink it, but the times goes so fast that the only thing you have time for is reading the choices.

That was the aspect that was the most “difficult for me”, I had no problems pressing keys quickly to get through the action scenes, but when I have to make a decision and I don’t have much time, that’s when it gets more difficult. I like to analyse decisions and think about the possible consequences or outcomes. Ok, let me think!.

rtrooney - 12 May 2021 08:43 PM

I know that whatever I am doing wrong has a very simple solution. But going back and re-trying everyone’s solutions has not met with success. And while I will continue to try, it is obvious that action solutions that are required in this game are not for me, given the controls that I am unable to master. Have at it! I will be following the thread for the fun of seeing how everyone is progressing.

Sometime towards the end of the playthrough, I’ll probably watch a YouTube video of the whole thing.

I’m sorry you couldn’t find a way around the obstacle. If you’ve tried all the ideas we threw at you, I really don’t know what else to suggest. I still think, like you, that there is probably a simple solution to the problem.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve played the first three chapters, and intend to do the rest of part one during the weekend.

The very first thing I did was struggle a lot trying to control the mop with my mouse. It’s obvious the game wasn’t intended to be controlled by anything but a gamepad, because that little detail wasn’t supposed to be hard. If I have this much trouble at a critical moment, I’ll be compelled to give up completely.

I also had trouble with the time limit in chapter three. It must’ve been at least 15 tries before I finally made it. All because I didn’t do any of the necessary steps before the countdown loop started. This is not a type of gameplay I enjoy.

The story is interesting enough though, so I think I’ll warm up to the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top