• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Infocom Text Adventures

Total Posts: 7419

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 22 April 2021 11:33 AM

I’m in the final room of Spider and Web.. I think. I’m pretty confused.

“Shut down for logic adjustment.” - quite apt!

So you’re past the plot twist. I hope it took you by surprise and you liked it. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Yes! Smile

I started the game over, from the beginning, with this knowledge in mind. The whole experience was different. I also love how the game assumes you get what it’s saying to you, by giving you just enough to figure it out for yourself.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Glad you like Spider and Web. Such a clever and immersive text adventure. Excellent writing. In my Top Ten.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Finally, I have made a difference!

There’s a lot I’d love to discuss, but I don’t want to spoil the experience for another newcomer.

Do you have any other recommendations? (@Karlok, but all suggestions are welcome!)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 26 April 2021 06:04 AM

Finally, I have made a difference!

Cool!

There’s a lot I’d love to discuss, but I don’t want to spoil the experience for another newcomer.

You can post in the Spider and Web CP, no problem.
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8481/

Do you have any other recommendations? (@Karlok, but all suggestions are welcome!)

Here’s my list of favorites again. https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/15275/#169969

If you’re looking for something funny and not very hard I’d recommend Lost Pig (playing as a loveable orc) or Eric the Unready (commercial game by Legend Entertainment with pics) or Wishbringer (commercial Infocom game, where you can solve problems either by magic or by logic). Toby’s Nose (solving a crime as Sherlock Holmes’ dog) is also a good choice.

The site ifdb.org has all the info and reviews you need. I use it a lot, but didn’t register as a member until very recently. And do look for Pegbiter and his(?)great lists.

Some years ago, I started a thread on text adventures with reviews and recommendations. Lots of people contributed. I was thinking of reviving it.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Ha, thank you!

I suppose I could’ve found most of that myself.. I blame enthusiasm and very short work breaks. Innocent

The response is well appreciated, though.

Karlok - 26 April 2021 06:59 AM

Some years ago, I started a thread on text adventures with reviews and recommendations. Lots of people contributed. I was thinking of reviving it.

I’m in!

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

The site ifdb.org has all the info and reviews you need. I use it a lot, but didn’t register as a member until very recently. And do look for Pegbiter and his(?)great lists.

The only public list I have there is the IFDB Top 100. It’s generated using all the ratings on the site, so it’s not my personal recommendations. I’ve enjoyed most of the games on it that I’ve tried though, so I think it’s a decent place to find ideas about what to play.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Pegbiter - 26 April 2021 03:15 PM

The only public list I have there is the IFDB Top 100. It’s generated using all the ratings on the site, so it’s not my personal recommendations. I’ve enjoyed most of the games on it that I’ve tried though, so I think it’s a decent place to find ideas about what to play.

There’s also the list of games you’ve played. I interpret a high score as a recommendation.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Karlok - 26 April 2021 04:04 PM

There’s also the list of games you’ve played. I interpret a high score as a recommendation.

Good point. I see now that you’ve already added quite a few top ratings to your play list. I should perhaps try Make It Good. Thanks!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That’s an amazing site. Thanks for sharing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top