• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdamzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Tex Murphy Game Announcement Expected This Month - Hopefully a Release Date!

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Are you guys still fans of the Tex Murphy series? With the new Tex Murphy boob being dropped there is increasing rumors that we are going to get a release date on the NEW Tex Murphy The Poisoned Pawn game.
In this video we discuss those rumors, view the trailer and speculate a little bit. It’s more hype video than data dump but I hope it helps rekindle our excitement for this title.
Thanks in advance my adventure cap wearing friends!!

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If they won’t announce the release date for Poisoned Pawn, I’d be more than happy if they’d announce they’ve managed to remaster and upscale the FMV footage for the old games and release new versions of those. Considering how good results modern AI upscaling manages to achieve with old videos, it wouldn’t even be out of the realms of possibility.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

tomimt - 05 February 2021 11:49 AM

If they won’t announce the release date for Poisoned Pawn, I’d be more than happy if they’d announce they’ve managed to remaster and upscale the FMV footage for the old games and release new versions of those. Considering how good results modern AI upscaling manages to achieve with old videos, it wouldn’t even be out of the realms of possibility.

Did you play the Tesla Effect? That wasn’t pretty. While I like the idea of old IP’s staying alive I’m not sure I want that life to be poorly lived. I’m excited to get a good look at this but I agree with you. I’d almost prefer to get a shiny package of the games we knew were good.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I thought Tesla Effect looked pretty good and was a pretty fun game as well. I was well satisfied with it, some small puzzles excluded.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Captain Blondebeard - 05 February 2021 10:58 AM

Are you guys still fans of the Tex Murphy series? With the new Tex Murphy boob being dropped there is increasing rumors that we are going to get a release date on the NEW Tex Murphy The Poisoned Pawn game.
In this video we discuss those rumors, view the trailer and speculate a little bit. It’s more hype video than data dump but I hope it helps rekindle our excitement for this title.
Thanks in advance my adventure cap wearing friends!!

Pretty sure you meant to say the book just dropped, unless we’re talking about a new Saffyre ending.  Tongue

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh yes, bring it on! I actually enjoyed Tesla Effect quite a lot, and I’d like to see as many Tex Murphy adventure games as possible as long as Chris Jones is in a good shape Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

I hate to be the one that spills the beans but the poisoned pawn has been canned.

Total Posts: 7420

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

plumgas - 09 May 2021 07:02 PM

I hate to be the one that spills the beans but the poisoned pawn has been canned.

Please tell us, when was it canned and why? Only a year ago to the day, Mat van Rhoon assured people on Steam that they were still working on it. I’m sure you know more, you’ve been promoting the game as long as I can remember.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Doom - 06 February 2021 03:22 PM

Oh yes, bring it on! I actually enjoyed Tesla Effect quite a lot, and I’d like to see as many Tex Murphy adventure games as possible as long as Chris Jones is in a good shape Smile

Why only as long as he’s in good shape? I think it would be an interesting idea to have Tex in a “down and out” state, now a downtrodden detective out of work.

At least it’s something different, something which Tesla Effect could have done with.

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Wikipedia says this: “On April 30th, 2021, it was announced on the Aaron Connor’s, the lead writer for the series, website that the game has been shelved for the time being.Developers from Chaotic Fusion have come out saying the reasoning for the cancellation was due to creative differences.”

So if it’s not a problema of budget, maybe they can still solve it…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Luhr28 - 10 May 2021 06:15 AM

Why only as long as he’s in good shape? I think it would be an interesting idea to have Tex in a “down and out” state, now a downtrodden detective out of work.

At least it’s something different, something which Tesla Effect could have done with.

Isn’t it how most of his cases start, with Tex sitting in his cheap office, drunk and penniless, giving dance lessons to pay his bills? Chris Jones just made him look less miserable and more likable. And yet Tex regularly saves the Earth and humanity (and mutantity), so maybe he deserved at least some wealth and glory instead of sinking in the lower depths. But we’ll probably never witness it now that Poisoned Pawn is cancelled.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Big Finish games just posted official info, here’s a link: https://bigfinishgames.com/may-2021-update/

They state as much, that as far they are concerned, Poisoned Pawn is over from their part, but if Chaotic Fusion wants to continue doing it, they can.

But in more exciting news, they do have a whole segment about remaking Pandora Directive. They’ll upscale the original tapes and re-create the game completely in a modern game engine, which seems to be UE4 engine, at least what I can tell from the images.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top