• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy rain directors cut

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Coming sometime this year will be the director’s cut, with more puzzles and locations. I hope the story now make sense because the gameplay was awesome, the voice acting was great and his other game Whispers of a machine was awesome

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yup, it’s very true. Looks great too. Day one purchase for me. Here is some visuals to share:

https://www.ign.com/videos/kathy-rain-directors-cut-teaser-trailer

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’ll be available at a discount to those who already own the original, though the pricing details haven’t been decided yet.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You know, it is a shame that teaser trailer comic book imagery looks far better than the pixel art in the game.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Thanks for the mention, guys! Smile

tomimt - 22 January 2021 03:30 AM

You know, it is a shame that teaser trailer comic book imagery looks far better than the pixel art in the game.

Hah! Ouch. Would love to make an entire game in that style, but we’re indies, not EA. We’d go out of business before spring hits Wink

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Krusbert - 22 January 2021 07:23 AM

Hah! Ouch. Would love to make an entire game in that style, but we’re indies, not EA. We’d go out of business before spring hits Wink

Will the story make more sense now. I loved the first couple of days, but felt the story went of the rails.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Well, of the hordes of indies released in 2016, Kathy Rain won the awards. I loved this the game and played it many times and I actually loved the ending, made perfect sense to me.

You could not have a better project for 2021 than this. Thank you. I will nominate it for another CPT and looking fwd to your comments during this. May your next project after this be as fan pleasing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Jdawg445 - 22 January 2021 01:03 PM

Will the story make more sense now. I loved the first couple of days, but felt the story went of the rails.

Improving the story, particularly the ending is at the top of our priorities!

Adv_Lvr - 22 January 2021 02:30 PM

Well, of the hordes of indies released in 2016, Kathy Rain won the awards. I loved this the game and played it many times and I actually loved the ending, made perfect sense to me.

You could not have a better project for 2021 than this. Thank you. I will nominate it for another CPT and looking fwd to your comments during this. May your next project after this be as fan pleasing.

Heart

Thank you so much! Support like this is always heartwarming Smile

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

I’m so used for remasters/gold editions/HD releases/whatever to be lukewarm efforts that barely change anything fundamental that hearing that there’ll be genuine additions that’ll even improve the narrative is quite the surprise.

Can’t think of many other games did that.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Krusbert - 22 January 2021 03:06 PM
Jdawg445 - 22 January 2021 01:03 PM

Adv_Lvr - 22 January 2021 02:30 PM

Heart

Thank you so much! Support like this is always heartwarming Smile

That is awesome,like i said the game was great up to a point. But im not a huge fan of “twin peaks” style storytelling. But I’m definitely intrigued

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved the movie twin peaks and I also love horror movies. To me, the ending of Kathy Rain was a classic horror game ending, which I adored. I do hope they don’t “dummy down” the ending of Kathy Rain to appeal to the masses. For Kathy the ending is to me:

The sense of otherworldly spirits is present throughout the game. So at the end, We’re treated to a nightmare world where Kathy must come to terms with her own demons regarding her family and her past using these otherworldly spirits and of course destroying the red flowers such that they can no longer do anyone harm again.

Over at steam, there’s a discussion of the ending that will really help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/370910/discussions/0/152393186496908482/

Also the original Kathy Rain CPT where we discussed the ending is

here: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/9084/

Heart

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Krusbert - 22 January 2021 03:06 PM

That’s a great plan. My comment was:

rtrooney - 08 February 2017 03:19 PM

I didn’t particularly care for the way the game ended. I really wish I had the opportunity to make one last pass through the town. I felt a need to talk to Lily’s mom and explain what really happened to Lily. (There is a phenomenon in the United States that goes by the macabre title “Suicide by Police.” If a person wants to commit suicide, but is unable to do it him/herself, he/she will will fire a gun in the direction of police officers knowing full well that the police will fire back and kill you.) That’s what really happened between Lily and Nathan. The mother needs to know that. I would certainly want to visit Jimmy and Kathy’s mom to see whether the events that transpired on the other side had any effect on their mental states. I’d like to make Beau another drink and tell him that your dad wasn’t really the good friend that Beau remembers him to be. I’d like to retrieve Grandpa’s uniform from the storage locker and put it where it belongs, in the attic with the rest of his memorabilia. I’d like to see if Goober is going to be OK. And finally, I would like to let Lenny take me on a date after the lousy way I treated him during most of the game.

If only those get done, I’ll be happy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Great stuff! I always wanted to play the game but criticism about the story held me back every time. I have it on Steam though…but if the issues regarding story get resolved I will definitely give it a go.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think the original is still a very good game.  The ambiguity near the end made me draw my own conclusions.  I will be interested in playing the new version to see where it differs.  (Please let it be Mac compatible!)

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 22 January 2021 04:55 PM

I loved the movie twin peaks and I also love horror movies. To me, the ending of Kathy Rain was a classic horror game ending, which I adored. I do hope they don’t “dummy down” the ending of Kathy Rain to appeal to the masses. For Kathy the ending is to me:

The sense of otherworldly spirits is present throughout the game. So at the end, We’re treated to a nightmare world where Kathy must come to terms with her own demons regarding her family and her past using these otherworldly spirits and of course destroying the red flowers such that they can no longer do anyone harm again.

Over at steam, there’s a discussion of the ending that will really help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/370910/discussions/0/152393186496908482/

Also the original Kathy Rain CPT where we discussed the ending is

here: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/9084/

Heart

You say dumb down, i say a logical coherent story. Im glad you liked it but several people have complained, and even the devs said they wanted to fix it several years ago, so this is nothing new.

Joined 2013-08-23

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 January 2021 10:39 AM

I think the original is still a very good game.  The ambiguity near the end made me draw my own conclusions.  I will be interested in playing the new version to see where it differs.  (Please let it be Mac compatible!)

The Director’s Cut will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux so you can rest easy! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top