• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCarleschrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The hand of glory (a broken sword inspired game)

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-06-27

PM

I also love games that are somewhat similar to Broken Sword, so I really look forward to playing this soon.  I also look forward to reading the review here on adventuregamers.com.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

swordfish - 25 June 2020 05:22 AM

I also love games that are somewhat similar to Broken Sword, so I really look forward to playing this soon.  I also look forward to reading the review here on adventuregamers.com.

I can’t wait for the adventuregamers review as well!
Probably they’re going to wait for Part 2 to come out too, though.

The Hand of Glory is out!
Currently developing Roots in the Sky - The Hand of Glory 2!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Probably, but it is not how it usually works, sometimes they are reviewed separately and the rating only comes with full parts released

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

Advie - 27 June 2020 06:27 AM

Probably, but it is not how it usually works, sometimes they are reviewed separately and the rating only comes with full parts released

Then I’ll just wait with fingers crossed!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-06-27

PM

From what I understand we will have some scenes from Rome in part two. Will Lars be able to enjoy some pizza al taglio near Piazza Trilussa perhaps?

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

swordfish - 02 July 2020 02:10 PM

From what I understand we will have some scenes from Rome in part two. Will Lars be able to enjoy some pizza al taglio near Piazza Trilussa perhaps?

Lars would love that, but unfortunately for him Alice is the one going to Rome (and she doesn’t have money to go out eating pizza, poor girl Cry )

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Madit Games - 02 July 2020 05:45 AM
Advie - 27 June 2020 06:27 AM

Then I’ll just wait with fingers crossed!

Hey, Madit! Good to see you here. Hope you’re just taking a break before getting back to part two. Grin

We’ll do an ungraded article (basically a hands-on preview) about part one, and hold off on the more formal review once the game is complete.

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

Jackal - 03 July 2020 02:48 PM

Hey, Madit! Good to see you here. Hope you’re just taking a break before getting back to part two. Grin

We’ll do an ungraded article (basically a hands-on preview) about part one, and hold off on the more formal review once the game is complete.

Thanks for letting me know, Jackal!

And yep, quick breaks is all I’m going to get this summer. I’ll sleep for an entire month once Part 2 is released!  Grin

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

Guys, The Hand of Glory Part 2 is finally OUT!

If you have already purchased the game, just update it and you’ll be able to play Part 2!

If you haven’t:

1. Why?
2. No, really, how come?  Cry
3. You can easily remedy this situation by visiting our Steam Page!

http://bit.ly/thog_steam

(I’ve posted the link, as I’ve read in the guidelines that it is allowed to promote indie games. If it’s not the case, just tell me and I’ll remove it right away)

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

That was the first thing I’ve done at my computer last night. Right now I’m figuring out how to get past the priest. I think it has something to do with the syringe and that box full of bottles at Tekla’s place.

This game ist getting better and more intriguing by the minute.

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

LittleRose - 05 December 2020 06:46 AM

That was the first thing I’ve done at my computer last night. Right now I’m figuring out how to get past the priest. I think it has something to do with the syringe and that box full of bottles at Tekla’s place.

This game ist getting better and more intriguing by the minute.

Waaaaa, you’re devouring it!
This kind of comments makes me wanna dance like John Travolta!  Grin

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I’ve finally got to the 2nd part & enjoying it so far.  Smile

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

well just beat part 2 of the story. I def enjoyed it more than part 1. the characters, animation and puzzles were all good. But I cant make head or tails of the story, maybe bc it was months since I played part one but I was confused throughout the story.

from what I can tell there are 2 cults, one made up of famous philosophers like Shakespeare to protect the world, and another of madmen to destroy it. Radwed has powers to control people’s minds somehow and the good guys can cure cancer? In fact a lot of this game seemed to be a psa on not smoking. The game had all the trappings of a broken sword tale but none of the slow burn, felt characters were introduced very fast and some of the reveals came out of nowhere, im talking about the priest, and the bartender. Ps why all of a sudden did the woman like him, that came out of left field, I guess bc he gave her the flower?

Overall a lot to like about this game, but needed some more time in the writing process and def needed some more editing. Overall 6.5/10 PS. there is some gore if you are squeamish about that sort of thing, this game has a decent amount of gore especially at the end.

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Well, I’ve really enjoyed the game, though you really have to pay attention to follow all the twists.

I have two major complaints, though:

1. Was that fast clicking for the car/bike chase really necessary? It took me several approaches to click that fast long enough to get past that sequence. Other people may have even more problems with it.

2. Please, don’t add a sequence that takes away that feeling of accomplishment at hte end of the game next time. Don’t suggest that it’s not over yet if you can’t guarantee to 100% that there will be a sequel. That’s just frustrating, because we’ve been let down by so many developers already.

Joined 2019-07-06

PM

First off, let me just say a big thank you to both of you for playing The Hand of Glory!

Now, to answer your posts:

@Jdawg445

I’m happy you liked Part 2 more than Part 1, to be honest it’s my favourite part of the game too! I had tons of fun writing it. You know, find all those theories, real locations (San Leo was a nice place to explore)!
About your doubts:

Radwed’s sect, the Rosa Defecta, originated from the same sect of the Doctor. After that schism, he changed the mission of the sect, using it for his own purposes (in this case, to achieve immortality). About the plot twists: if you really think about it, Carlo’s situation makes sense. He’s kept under control both with Radwed’s powers and by the fact that the sect is controlling his sister, Marie. They’re basically two victims. About Gaia and Olive: we don’t know if Gaia will get engaged with Olive, and I think it’s not important. Olive understands that she is happy with a simple flower, and that she is there in the hospital for him even if he is just a bartender and not a creator of gold!

@LittleRose

1. Well, that’s the first feedback I receive about that scene. I will look into it and make it less frustrating. Thanks for the tip!
2. I think the main story of The Hand of Glory is concluded. Yes, we’ve taken the freedom to leave something open for the future, and obviously we hope we will be able to work on a sequel.

Thanks again for playing, guys. Could I ask you to leave a review (even a brief one) on Steam? It would really help us!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top