• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DCast - 10 May 2021 12:00 AM
walas74 - 09 May 2021 02:07 AM

By the way, my friend has finished the tools for extracting and reimporting all types of images from Culpa Innata so three years later we can continue with the translation!

I’ll do my best to have it done and tested asap.

The pressure is on Tongue

Pressure? What pressure? I just have to modify 500 images and test a very open game…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I would like to nominate and I will lead:

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet An award winning highly rated game (4 Star Rated Review:

“Nelly Cootalot’s latest voyage is overflowing with charm and heart – and puns, oh the puns! It may not be the stiffest challenge out there, but it’ll leave you with a warm feeling inside.”)

2016 Aggie Award - Readers’ Choice: Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

“The Aggie Awards - The Best Adventure Games of 2016 - It probably wouldn’t surprise you to know that Alasdair Beckett-King is a stand-up comedian. It’s definitely no secret that he’s every bit as funny as a sit-down developer, with his swashbuckling pirate adventure Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet taking first place for top comic adventure writing. Led by its plucky eponymous heroine, who banters with Vikings, teases down-on-their-luck toffs, outwits and out-gabs a snooty bureaucrat and can snark with the very best, this tale of birds and brothers provides a constant barrage of groan-inducing puns (the best kind!), witty repartee, endearingly offbeat characters and wacky situations. It’s all so very British, sure to elicit snickers, snorts, and even the occasional guffaw while keeping a silly grin on any player’s face throughout. Well done, Alasdair. Stand up and tell a joke take a bow!”

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also want to nominate and will lead:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

My annual vote for the dig

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

And off we go again!  Nominations and voting for CP #67 will end on Sunday, July 4.

The Dig (1) - Jdawg
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)
The Shapeshifting Detective (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

All of the games nominated so far look good, but I am seconding Nelly Cootalot and only Nelly Cootalot this time, because it’s about darn time and I’d love to finally play it.

(I’ll probably play any of these three, but please only count my vote for Nelly)

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I would love to participate but I must decline this time: I have compromised for testing two translations, one fan, one official, so see you next time!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

walas74 - 21 June 2021 03:29 PM

I would love to participate but I must decline this time: I have compromised for testing two translations, one fan, one official, so see you next time!

Awesome, good luck!

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

After watching the Al Lowe video, I’ll nominate either of the two recent LSL games. I don’t know if they have to be played in order. And I haven’t played either one so I can’t lead.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Vote for The Dig.

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I also want to play The Dig.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (3) - Jdawg, Colpet, Doom

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (1) - Rtrooney
The Shapeshifting Detective (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2007-09-01

PM

My vote goes to The Shapeshifting Detective. I haven’t played many FMV adventures, especially the newer ones, so it would be interesting to play through this one. The game looks wacky, too.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (3) - Jdawg, Colpet, Doom

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Baron_Blubba
The Shapeshifting Detective (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Bon

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (1) - Rtrooney

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady K - I didn’t see a nominating end date. Regardless, there doesn’t seem to be much activity here. Wonder if it’s because of the spontaneous playthroughs.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top