• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesDeVogeltjes

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post Platinum Roaming - The Witness - PS4

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-05-02

PM

So a few days ago I got the Platinum trophy for The Witness on PS4 and immediately deleted it LMAO but a few days later (around 4 hours ago) I re-installed it because of the few messages I seen on this forum in regards to the cinema part of the game which I found by goofing around one night after getting irate at the challenge for Platinum.

I found the solutions for Radar Gaming or something like that and got all 6 videos, I also came across a secret passage right at the start of the game, I decided to investigate and wow I was amazed, like a mansion and you could get a good view of the island from up top of the balcony and small passageway past the place where the challenge took place.

Eventually after wandering around I kind of got confused and lost at the top going into this darkened road, and I came across a puzzle to the left of me, eventually leading me to a video that took AGES in my opinion to end, and I seen numerous bits of puzzles in the game around the house/room that this guy was in.

At first I thought he was in a hospital but then I realised he was on his couch with sticky thinks on him (heart monitor maybe) attached to him? Tube leading to a bottle containing urine in it and eventually going outside and then I had to load game.

Given that I’m Autistic and as admitted just a little earlier I’m confused about it all, in the game at all do you come across any humans? I found numerous dictaphones which spoke including one at the pool in the mansion say the producers etc, top of the stairs I got a lovely view of the island with the lazers all going to the mountain.

Personally if I had to rate the game (I’ll be honest because I used a guide after the symmetry puzzles) if it wasn’t for the guide I’m not sure I’d have completed it and I understand why the challenge was made the way it was I understand it but the challenge was extremely difficult.

On my other PS Account (I have 3, 1 is for my platinum account, 2nd is for gaming in general and the 3rd is for when I’m not wanting to game with other humans, part of my Autism) I done the symmetry and went back to numerous parts such as pressure pad and the tetris like puzzles and honestly I didn’t have a clue on what to do, sand dune I got 2 screens but failed miserably with the 3rd screen.

So I understand the Developers of The Witness wanted to be Unique and have a game which prevented people getting an easy Platinum, but the challenge honestly the anguish on my face was unexplainable and numerous times in the past 9 weeks I’ve thought about giving it up but because it was all that I needed for the Platinum I persevered, although I was lucky enough to get boosted by someone who know what they were doing.

I suppose if you’re a parent and you’re wanting something for your kids to try and figure out this would be a good game, just as long as they don’t care for trophies or achievements depending on which gaming console you’re on lists them as, I’m PS4 so it’s trophies.

So I’ll leave it as it is just now as this is not a short thread but if someone could help me understand the film (which is of a human with medical stickers on them) that’d be cool, I’m kind of wondering if it’s the Developer for the game and it sort of led to the game, but I’ll leave it now as this is a decent chunk to read.

Thank you in advance

Total Posts: 7420

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, that guy with the stickers is the developer, Jonathan Blow, and he is in the office of his company that produced The Witness. What happened in the game and in this particular ending is open to interpretation. Virtual reality?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-05-02

PM

So it was aimed at that? By that I mean with the medical things going on, and than an office? I thought at glance it was a really good house worth decent money, but that’s an office? Wow nice

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top