• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PM problem

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I haven’t received the PM(s) chrissie sent me with quiz answers. She is not on my ignore list and as far as I know she is the only one whose PMs are missing. What could be causing this problem?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m assuming your inbox isn’t full.  The website was very slow last night, so I’m wondering if that could have something to do with it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My inbox is not full. It’s true that the site was slow but I did receive 5 PMs yesterday. The site is still slow for me.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Is it true that other PMs have gone missing as well?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, but not for a while.  Ivo felt that he chased down and fixed the previous problem, but it could have been a software hiccup.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

As Kestrel said, there was a certain circumstance in which a PM would be marked as ‘send’ but not actually send. It was a bit of a peculiar issue back then that I believe I fixed, I haven’t been able to find concrete issues with it since then but am the first to admit that the system can sometimes behave a bit illogical.

In this case, I don’t see any particular issue with PM’s, but the fact that the site was slow could be an indicator that a request wasn’t fully processed. Is this issue still ongoing with PM’s not arriving?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t know if it’s still an issue. I haven’t received or sent any PMs since my post here, except for an exchange with one of the staff members. No problems there.

PS: Thanks for looking into it. If nobody else has had the same problem, please don’t spend more time on it. One lost PM is certainly not important. I wouldn’t have bothered you if it hadn’t been for the accusation of lying and excluding someone from participating in the quiz. Can’t be helped.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Karlok I’ve just tried PMing you again - I too didn’t have a problem PMing someone else but it could be a problem with the internet, as Calimonk has inferred, as for the last few days streaming services on my TV have constantly been interrupted.
Have you got the PM?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 22 December 2020 09:22 AM

Hi Karlok I’ve just tried PMing you again - I too didn’t have a problem PMing someone else but it could be a problem with the internet, as Calimonk has inferred, as for the last few days streaming services on my TV have constantly been interrupted.
Have you got the PM?

No.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve looked again at my sent folder & just noticed that you’re not named as a recipient in either of the PMs I’ve sent you so there lies the problem. Are you sure you haven’t blocked me? If not I’ll contact CaliMonk.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 22 December 2020 10:46 AM

Are you sure you haven’t blocked me?

Yes.

EDIT: I only remembered the ignore list. You were not on it. But I put you on the blocking on the first of March and forgot all about the existence of that list. I have now removed your name, in case you still want to send me quiz answers. When the quiz is over I will put you on the list again.

My apologies to Calimonk.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay thanks. I’ve sent a PM to CaliMonk.

EDIT: Obviously there’s no need to pursue my query CaliMonk.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hi,

So I can confirm that previously 2 messages never arrived in Karlok’s inbox, although they were ‘send’ they were never assigned to Karlok. Potentially this was related to the blocklist, honestly, the system should just mention then that it cannot be delivered instead of silently failing as it did now.

I tried to manually make sure you would still receive the earlier 2 messages, but that doesn’t seem to work as simply as I thought. Either way, I’ll look into clarifying the message someone receives when trying to send a message to someone on an ignore list (with a message that’s more a generic error message).

** EDIT ** So I know why the manual fix didn’t make the message appear, as it only fixed the -sending- overview, it’ll show you as receipient on Chrissie’s sent folder but not make them appear for you, Karlok. If you want I can ensure the original 2 messages also appear, but as there was a 3rd one with the correct content I’ll leave this for now. ** EDIT **

@Karlok, you’re saying there is a Block list -and- an ignore list?

Ivo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Ignore list hides posts in threads and the Blocking list blocks only PMs. I vaguely remember that many years ago someone had blocked my PMs and I did get a message telling me that I’d been blocked. But I don’t know how long ago that was, maybe even before the current software.

Sorry to have put you through all this trouble. I don’t need chrissie’s original messages, everything is okay now. Except my attack of Alzheimer Lite. Frown

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Odd thing is that the backend for me only shows the ignore lists, with no mention of a blocking list. But there is indeed a blocking list on the frontend here. Confused

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

the new problem seems to have fixed itself, I can receive PMs again. So I removed my long post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top