• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #58: Memoria

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ok, fair enough, I didn’t notice it Smile As I said, I found it hard to spot the runes because of their small size, but maybe it’s my fault, because I’m playing on a laptop in a windowed mode.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Since we all have reached the end of chapter V, tomorrow, the 4th of April we can move on.

Btw, this segment, we will move on to the end of the game; finish it. we will play Chapter VI, VII, VIII, as the three of them are as the length of one chapter of which we have played.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Chapter VI: The Call of Ben-Jalef

Let us finish the game; play chapters VI, VII, VIII and share your opinion once you are done.

Save at the start of chapter VIII if you wanna discover both endings.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hello everyone, I hope all are good and enjoying the end of the game.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sorry Advie, I didn’t have an opportunity to play Memoria. I’m not dead or infected or anything, just out of time. I’ll finish the game in the next several days and share my thoughts. I’m also missing the wonderful quiz by chrissie, damn!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hey Doom, glad you safe and sound… there no set date to finish the last chapter, take your time all, and take care of yourselves as well Smile

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Yes, just wanted to add that I’m in the same boat - a bit short on time currently, so might take till mid-week but I’ll definitely post my impressions once I’m done with it. It is a really good game, indeed

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I finally got around to finishing Chains of Satinav. It was longer than I had assumed, which was a good thing since I enjoyed playing it. The amount of free time I got from all plans being canceled by the ongoing pandemic was however much lower than expected.

Anyway, I’ve read the introduction now and played the introduction. Thanks, Advie! I might write here when I progress, even though everyone else probably have moved on to something else.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still here, but between Chrissie’s quiz and a book I’m having a hard time putting down, I haven’t had a chance to progress much this past week.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Just hope you guys won’t lose the game immersion when you get back to it later, as the ending might not give the satisfaction that it is designed for, then.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I finished the game. The ending did feel a bit anticlimatic, but then I’ve seen so many pretensions conclusions to epic tales that it was even refreshing to just tell a story, help a good-spirited spirit and change Nuri back to herself. And while I forgot to save, I really didn’t see a point in letting Nuri live as a crow - sounds like a horrible fate and illogical choice after all we went through. I also didn’t find Bryda’s choice motivated enough, but then I didn’t get to know her and she didn’t grew up on me, so it wasn’t shocking or sad or anything.

I did feel kinda sad that the game ended (and how - on a cliffhanger!) as I enjoyed Sadja’s story even though I saw where it was heading to. The last chapter with her felt like one giant puzzle where different pieces came together nicely. And so did the part with Geron running around the night forest - that top-down map full of active areas came out of nowhere and felt so complex and random at first, yet the solution was fairly simple.

And even during those chapters they didn’t forget about magic. The variety of puzzles and situations in this game is awesome, even the brief last chapter had Geron solving puzzles as a motionless piece of stone, how cool is that? Also gave me a chance to finally master the Send Vision spell. And I’m actually glad the plot remained ambitious, but not overly epic or focused as mentioned in the AG review. Not another “save the world from an evil sorcerer”, just two unfortunate heroes and their weird interwoven love stories.

All in all, a very enjoyable, beautiful and smart game. Thanks for the playthrough, Advie! Otherwise I would’ve probably missed the series entirely.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve fallen behind.. again. Frown Sorry everyone! I will get back to game, and I will read everything you wrote about the game, and give my comments.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m curious to know what the world Bryda asked for would have been like. How different would things actually have been for the people in Geron’s village, which does not appear technically advanced? Would the “Fairy Gate” in the previous game not have been closed? Would Nuri never have met Geron? Was the world Bryda wished for the one Sadja was born into or an earlier one, such as the time of Mogul Mage Malakkar?

I always thought the best choice for Geron at the end would be to let Nuri stay a bird. As a bird she can survive on her own. In human form she will be forever dependent on Geron. As for Geron, even though he may want Nuri back, the Nuri he knew before is gone. Any memories she has from now on will come from his telling her stories of their past adventures together and not from shared experience.

I wonder what happens next to Sadja and the Staff (Halef ben Jalif). Was Sadja conscious or unconscious during the time she was a ruby? Now that she has the Staff with her again, does she no longer dispair? I don’t think she is the type of person to dispair for very long. You saw her dispair earlier in the game after Rachwan stole the Staff and the rabbit she’d caught. She quickly got over it, picked herself up, and continued her quest. But what would the further adventures of Sadja and the Staff be like? Would she continue to pursue a quest for fame, only in some way other than being a warrior princess. Would Sadja and the Staff have been better off in the world Bryda wished for?

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Finished!
The ending was good, interesting enough to keep the game fresh all the way through, but I mostly attribute my overall enjoyment from the game to really good puzzle mechanics. Absolute majority were very well done, interesting, had different approach to them and involved classic inventory manipulations mixed with cool magic spells. I wish more games would put as much work into making puzzles a big part of the story, as oppose to something that makes the game longer and/or simply vehicle for advancement.
I also really liked the music. It added a great deal to immersion and production values, and voice actors did a phenomenal job on this one.
It’s a very good all-around package.

Here are my minor notes on a few characters:

Maybe because I didn’t play the first part - I have never warmed up to Nuri. I couldn’t understand the drive Geron had to rescue her, so for the most part she was an annoyance (when we did get to meet her), as much as I kept telling myself there is a reason she acted the way she did. In the end, my choice was to change her back because a) we already put a hell of a work to make it happen and b) because I wouldn’t want to leave anyone who used to be a human being as a bird. Even with old memories gone, I’d give them an opportunity to start over in this awesomeness of life, with some guidance at the beginning

Sadja I generally liked, but she will never go down as one “my favorites” or anything like that. Mostly because she was a bit too fame and glory obsessed for my liking. Even taking in consideration her poor upbringing, the fixation on leaving her name in history and have “everyone kneel before me” is a bit too out there for me. I also always felt “meh” about characters who pretend to be someone else whether it comes to games film or literature. It’s a trope - sure, but not my favorite one, especially when you’re playing a role of a royalty - the arrogance was definitely there. Other then that, she has her head on straight and doesn’t beat around the bush, so she was a cool character.

Bryda went kinda “left” there,  reminded me of films with psycho killers where you’re having a very hard time to guess “whodunnit” til this very innocuous person comes along and suddenly spills all the hatred for world/humanity/family… whatever it was bothering them deeply, making the viewer go “Oh, shit!”. Cool twist.

The Staff though… Staff I liked. I think he (it?) was the most developed, complex, somewhat ambiguous character and yet definitely made me feel for him/it many times during the game. I’d love to have a game about his adventures from the point we left him to the point we met him again. It’d be fun!

This was a great playthrough choice, thanks Advie Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel dont read this post until you have finished the game. we are waiting for you.

Doom - 14 April 2020 05:45 PM

I saw where it was heading to

Really? wow, the 1st time i played it i was in AWE!, i thought to myself this story is defying all the fairy tales that have ever been told; where the underdog wanna be a princess, but here we start with her as a princess to turn out but another common girl with great determination and i really like how this was folded at the end by her being not able to read, its a very subtle conclusion but tells it all… but i ever replayed it you will all bits and pieces there that suggested that from the beginning

Thank you Doom, glad you have enjoyed it

crabapple - 17 April 2020 04:38 PM

I always thought the best choice for Geron at the end would be to let Nuri stay a bird. As a bird, she can survive on her own. In human form she will be forever dependent on Geron. As for Geron, even though he may want Nuri back, the Nuri he knew before is gone. Any memories she has from now on will come from his telling her stories of their past adventures together and not from shared experience.

Wow! that is deeply fucking amazing, i mean the whole post.

but for this part, i played both endings but i feel that letting her fly to her a new exciting life as a bird with brand new child-like sponge brain is so selfless from Geron and amazing, but turning her back to her original form is very selfish as i see it.

and from the first part perspective, CoS, that is so stupid, bc she when was living as a fairy at Geron world was suicide for her, CoS was about to bringing her back to her fairy world, bc if her losing her power each day, so it is like by that choice it will only pour then back to point zero, risking her life, to begin with, plus what you have mentioned about her being without memory with someone she loved and made love to him in CoS and don’t remember all of that is terrible and cruel.

on the other hand, it seems she is no more in danger being and living as a bird, so to each is his own, but i guess your choice or this choice, in general, is the best.

DCast - 19 April 2020 07:09 AM

Finished!
The ending was good, interesting enough to keep the game fresh all the way through, but I mostly attribute my overall enjoyment from the game to really good puzzle mechanics. The absolute majority were very well done, interesting, had a different approaches to them and involved classic inventory manipulations mixed with cool magic spells. I wish more games would put as much work into making puzzles a big part of the story, as oppose to something that makes the game longer and/or simply a vehicle for advancement.
I also really liked the music. It added a great deal to immersion and production values, and voice actors did a phenomenal job on this one.
It’s a very good all-around package.

me too; like you DCast, the puzzles, their intelligence, mechanics, and variation are what matters from me mostly in an adventure, that why we don’t play interactive movies for example, right? but i also love the story and Sadja too much more, i understand she is being waay over the top with her dream-like quotes of ‘ruling the world, people kneel under her knees’ and are a bit discomforting, but these quotes and in contrary to what you said are very refreshing and original and amzing as well Smile bc when you discover who she is at the end and because she had nothing, been abused and treated very badly, she has gained that ugly determination you are talking about and don’t forget being crazy too if you like, but all that is explained; a victim with legit reaction to her abuse (and many other things) i see each matter she said or did fully understandable and justified, but if she was really a princess then what you say i d agree completely with but she is just another common underdog, who believed that what every human must believe in it just like her, having a royal tattoo or coming from some sorta royal heritage or being a pig doenst make you any better than me!

and that is what the story was really all about.

—————

Diego, go and play it, and finish it as soon you can, i am sure you will like it, but not as good Enda & Harvey but good enough, just in case

Thanks to you guys we all have been able to make this happen, It really was the most enjoyable CPT i took part in and that bc of you. Heart  Heart  Heart

LK, we are still waiting for!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top