• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Physical Release of digital only games: Shadowgate!

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I just wanted to let you guys know.  I’m pumped to pick this one up.  I had shadowgate as a kid on NES and loved it!  I finally beat it as an adult, and I’m excited to see what’s been changed if anything about this new port. (Still can’t freakin beat the uninvited) I think digital versions are available, but I have to support the rad stuff over at limited run for this one (and also Panzer dragoon).

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/switch-limited-run-66-shadowgate-classic-edition

This edition seems to come with soundtrack, poster etc, but there is a game only version at a lower price point.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The remake Zojoi, the new company of the original dev, did a couple of years ago is pretty good game. The most interesting part is how the difficulty levels affect to not only how puzzles are solved, but on what locations you can visit. Not all of the rooms of the castle are accesible on the easiest level. You also get some additional story snippets by playing on the hardest difficulty.

https://www.gog.com/game/shadowgate_special_edition

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I’m interested to see if things are purist or expanded upon when it comes to the puzzles, the story, even the harsh deaths!

I can’t express how anxious I was as a kid, just knowing that at any moment, I could be completely engulfed in darkness, and lost unable to escape.

BTW:

Today we have “Worse than Death.”
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/limited-run-340-worse-than-death-ps4
It’s described as Action-adventure horror.  Which just from the previews, I see the adventure, and I see the horror.  Can anyone tell me what are the action parts of this game?  I’m thinking about getting this PS4 limited release.

Also, I’m going to buy Brigandine: Legend or Runersia
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/switch-limited-run-71-brigandine-collectors-edition
which I think might be a sequel to Brigandine Legend of Forsena on PS1, a game that is incredibly expensive.  I kind of like the idea of the original, but not the execution.  It’s like fire emblem mixed with ogre battle, mixed with master of magic.  Hard to explain, but just a really impressive game back in it’s day.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I wanted to let you guys know the pre-order for physical outer wilds on PS4 went live today as a total surprise on limited run games.

You can get the game alone or bundled with a vinyl,

or the explorer edition comes with pins, cards, and a CD instead of vinyl (which i prefer because i dont’ have a record player).

Considering this game seemed to be well received on the site/forum, I wanted to let you guys know.

I’ve been really excited to try this game, and now I will get to as soon as my pre-order is manufactured and shipped <3

Stay physical ;]

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Only pointing this out because I know some of you really love this game.

Return of the Obra Dinn opens for pre order for a physical version on PS4 and switch tomorrow!

I think I’m going to get the collector’s edition.  I know, I’ve been told it will be better to play it on PC, but I really want the book it comes with, and the posters and soundtrack!

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Yay I finally got it!  And this is not exactly what I was expecting.

I assumed they would keep the old interface and just give everything a face lift, but the UI is actually way different, and some puzzles are reworked to make sense with the new interface!

Came in classic NES size/shape box with replica cartridge sleeve, 1 artwork postcard, mini art book with comments from artists, soundtrack, and a trading card (?)!

Slightly unrelated, is there a thread about collecting games or physical game boxes etc? I searched but didn’t find one.
Would you guys been open to that kind of thread?

I would love to see y’all show off your collections, especially because I have 0 big box PC games, (but I love some of the classic text adventure “feelies” etc).

I do have a lot of special editions, and physical releases etc, but it’s all console stuff I would have to show off.

Image Attachments

20200724_173224.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top