• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Global Weather Changes

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Intense Degree - 13 October 2017 03:41 AM
nomadsoul - 12 October 2017 02:23 PM

Straight up Fallout4 stuff

Woah, that really is.  Foot in mouth  Sealed Lips

Literal devastation.

Death toll is now 40. You don’t mess with Mother Nature.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/California-wildfires-Feinstein-death-toll-Wine-12278704.php

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This weather… Random hot day in October with crazy wind, more huge fires here in Portugal - worst day of the year

[img]
[/img]

This is in Leiria

Death toll 35 for now, property damage imense…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So we need a Firewatch game in real life
Seriously some budget(of Fire brigade) should go for watchmen tracking fires
Its becoming a routine with random devastation

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Amazon forest, the lungs and lifeline of our planet and us as a species is getting decimated.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Few months later and it is Australia burning. One billion animals (if you compare to humans, that’s like 1/8th the human population on earth) have been killed in a few months, and one third the Koala population is gone.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

subbi - 24 July 2014 08:04 AM

Incidentally, I’m reading Dan Brown’s new novel Inferno, which is exactly about the topic of over population.
The main antagonist is aiming for reducing the worlds population to 4 billion, which would lead to a more stable population relatieve to energy and other material sources.

A new kind of black plague if you will…..

Coronavirus?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This is the San Francisco bay area today (during the day).
I kid you not, there is no filter applied. Looks like the apocalypse.
The reason is the second, third and fourth largest fires in state history burning at the same time, plus upward of 20 fires burning across the state. Plus there are major fires in both Oregon and Washington states.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Wow, apocalpyse is right!

When I visited California I couldn’t help but notice they had planted a LOT of non-natuve eucalpyts over the last few hundred years. They looked like the dominant species in a lot of places. They oils in those trees are a lot more flammable, which can’t be helping with the fires, which combined with dry heat would lead to conditions a lot like Australia.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Donuts McGee - 10 September 2020 03:27 AM

Wow, apocalpyse is right!

When I visited California I couldn’t help but notice they had planted a LOT of non-natuve eucalpyts over the last few hundred years. They looked like the dominant species in a lot of places. They oils in those trees are a lot more flammable, which can’t be helping with the fires, which combined with dry heat would lead to conditions a lot like Australia.

Where these trees in national forests you visited, or in towns? I haven’t heard about these trees being the source of the fire. Good to know about them, I will be looking for them when the craziness dies and the national parks are open again.

My understanding was that the problem is two fold.
A-We are experiencing in California one of the hottest years on record. Death Valley had one day a recorded 130 F ( about 54.4 C), reportedly the highest temperature ever recorded on the entire planet according to experts. That is causing the undergrowth to be very dry and combustible. This was followed by some freak August lightning storm (with no rain) that set ablaze 30+ simultaneous fires. The fire department is stretched very thin.
B-California officials didn’t do a good job with forest management. Natives used to intentionally burn fires periodically to keep the forest floor fairly clean. In some of these forests, they have suppressed fires for about a century so when a fire does come, it has tons of fuel to spread.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top