• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Woody Harrelson, “True Detective”
Matthew McConaughey, “True Detective”
Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards
Bryan Cranston, “Breaking Bad”
Jeff Daniels, “The Newsroom”
Jon Hamm, “Mad Men”

Outstanding Drama Series

“Breaking Bad” (AMC)
“Downton Abbey” (PBS)
“Game of Thrones” (HBO)
“House of Cards” (Netflix)
“Mad Men” (AMC)
“True Detective” (HBO)

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How good is the French series Les Revenants? It featured in one of the TV show sound… uh, show games here a few months ago and I really loved the opening theme.

I heard that theme again on TV today. They’re going to show the series on Belgian TV starting tomorrow and I’m *really* interested.

Anyone seen it?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Thank you, good people, for introducing me to True Detective! Smile I really didn’t expect it to be so good! Only thing I didn’t like was the one or two episodes with a bit too much family drama, but other than that, certainly one of the best dramas in recent years.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sad to see Fargo reduced to mini series in the Emmy’s.

That has been my favourite show if the year.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Details about True Detective Season 2,

Not totally excited about the Cast but this writer(Nic) is a blessing.
I love his writing and how he manages to mix occult, personal demons ,city politics
and corruption etc.

The premise already sounds nuts.

I wish Adventure games had such plots.

http://collider.com/true-detective-season-2-details-elizabeth-moss/

“The second season of True Detective will follow the death of Ben Caspar, the corrupt City Manager of a fictional California city who’s found brutally murdered amidst a potentially groundbreaking transportation deal that would forever change the freeway gridlock in California.  Three law enforcement officers from different cities and branches of the government are tasked with finding out who did it.  They soon discover their investigation has much broader and darker implications than they initially thought.

Caspar’s 52-year-old corpse is found on a lonely stretch of the PCH near Big Sur—his eye burned out, genitals cut off and satanic symbols etched on his chest.  It turns out he had a penchant for rough sex and may have been involved in the Occult.”

Characters ( In talks )

Vince Vaughn – “Frank Semyon, a former thug turned businessman who’s working with a local Mayor and his political cohorts to spearhead the construction of a high-speed railway system that links southern California to northern California in order to reap financial gains from federal grants and land purchases.”

Elizabeth Moss – “Ani Bezzerides, a tough, no-nonsense Monterrey sheriff whose troubled upbringing has driven her to gambling and alcohol.  She reports to Sheriff James O’Neil and Deputy Sheriff Marla Simenon, and her partner, Elvis Ilinca, may have a crush on her.  Ani also has both a hippie-type father who was absent when she was growing up, as well as a younger sister who isn’t afraid to show off her body.  She’s also looking into the disappearance of former classmate’s sister.”

Taylor Kitsch - “Paul Woodrugh, a handsome, 28-year-old military veteran who has seen his own share of violence and destruction.  He’s a motorcycle California Highway Patrol officer who’s put on leave after soliciting oral ex from a beautiful girl he pulls over for drunk driving.  He reports to Commander Floyd Heschmeyer and has a Latino girlfriend he breaks up with when he’s assigned to the Caspar investigation.”

Colin Farrell – “Ray Velcoro, who has been damaged by years of turmoil in both his personal and professional lives.  A barely functioning coke-head with anger issues, he’s on Frank’s payroll and is battling his ex-wife for custody of their only son, Chad.”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Knick
Starring Clive Owen
Dir: Steven Soderbergh
1900s medical drama

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anybody know of a good TV show (or movie) where you’re given ALL the necessary data to tie up the things (like, guessing who the killer is) BEFORE the end? Let me explain why Silence of the Lambs or Knight Moves (while extraordinary movies on their own) shouldn’t be on that list - some info is held back from the viewer, and it’s not fair to expect the viewer can guess it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 06 August 2014 07:13 PM

Anybody know of a good TV show (or movie) where you’re given ALL the necessary data to tie up the things

Nature of the Beast

Eric Roberts is so underrated, never got to relaunch himself like MickeyRourke.
One of his best performances.

Just got over with Knick pilot Ep (TV), has to be best Pilot ever, it will challenge your expectations,taking 1900s time period and totally turning on its head. Electronic music, super gory surgeries with sick DoP.

Truedetective, Fargo, Strain and now this, feels like all the Directors/Actors were suffocating in Hollywood Movies and suddenly got the medium to truly shine and express themselves.

It can be next big thing if it would be able to manage the same tempo.

Its refreshing, its not gangster, cops, drugs, murder investigation, homicide,
vampire etc. shit.

I would highly recommend watching the Pilot.
Clive Owen is in full form.
Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I stayed away from Game of Thrones for a long time. Everyone kept telling me I should watch it, but I’m not much of a fan when it comes to most fantasy and medieval stuff.

I watched the first episode a few months ago, and felt like it wasn’t really my kind of thing. However, now I finally decided to give it another chance and have a closer look. Just finished the first season. The first episodes were entertaining, without being a real knock-out. However, the second half was absolutely stunning. Consider me hooked!

Gotta buy season 2 as soon as possible. Really looking forward to see more. I’m pretty sure that Breaking Bad will remain my favorite TV series of all time (followed by the Danish show Borgen), but I’ve got to admit that Game of Thrones is indeed a really, really good show.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Sopranos, the pioneer.
Six feet under. The only show, that I actually miss.
Mad Men, Don Draper, Roger Sterling. That’s it Smile. Plus, complexity of the show is amazing.
True Detective. Fell in love with instantly.

Shows that failed me:

True Blood. I loved it at first, but became really stale fairly quickly.
Dexter. After the 4th season everything went downhill.

Anyone watched Fargo? Is it worth it?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

HBO: Earlier last year, you said that this season was about ‘Bad men, hard women and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system.’ Is that still true?

NicPizz:It’s not, I’m afraid. There’s definitely bad men and hard women, but no secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system. That was a comment from very early in the process, and something I ended up discarding in favor of closer character work and a more grounded crime story. The complexity of the historical conspiracy first conceived detracted from the characters and their reality, I felt, and those characters are ultimately what have to shape the world and story. So I moved away from that.

Not pleased, as occult made it different and Nic did it brilliantly, and the duo replacement as Collin/vaugn is not same tier as Mathew/Woody.
Then there is issue of generic backdrop of LA versus Louisiana rural backwater setting, 
furhtermore Fukunaga excellent direction and surreal DoP.

All signs point to generalized stuff.
Still Nic can redeem through writing good plot.
Also McAdams Wink

nickherc - 09 October 2014 05:32 AM

Anyone watched Fargo? Is it worth it?

More than worth it, Freeman and Billybob were in top form.
Billy rightfully won the emmy.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh yeah, Fargo is brilliant. Parts of it even better than True Detective (other parts the other way around).

I’m not too excited about these actors for TD2. Especially Vince Vaughn is one of my least liked actors. Then again, I didn’t think much of Mcgonaghey (however that’s spelled) either, before.

I’ve been watching Pennu Dreadful. However, it seems to get worse by the episode. Started out promising, now I doubt I’ll finish the season. Such uneven actors - Eva Green and Timothy Dalton are excellent, some of the others are just awful. The writing and direction is just all over the place. Overall, it kinda feels like they really have no idea what they really want to do witht the show. All in all, it’s 100 % an Eva Green show, she’s the only reason to watch it.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LOL @ True Detective Season 2 tagline.

“We get the world we deserve.”

“But not the one we need right now.” Grin

I can’t NOT make a Dark Knight reference there… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

UPtimist - 10 May 2015 04:16 PM

I’m not too excited about these actors for TD2. Especially Vince Vaughn is one of my least liked actors. Then again, I didn’t think much of Mcgonaghey (however that’s spelled) either, before.

I’ve been watching Pennu Dreadful. However, it seems to get worse by the episode. Started out promising, now I doubt I’ll finish the season. Such uneven actors - Eva Green and Timothy Dalton are excellent, some of the others are just awful. The writing and direction is just all over the place. Overall, it kinda feels like they really have no idea what they really want to do witht the show. All in all, it’s 100 % an Eva Green show, she’s the only reason to watch it.

Vince Vaughn is underrated IMO, won’t be surprised if he will top others, but yeah Taylor kitsch and Vaughn could have been replaced by Sam Rockwell and Michael shannon respectively for better ensemble.

Justified ended with weak and predictable ending, i didn’t like it much and left bad aftertaste for the whole series.

Bates Motel is going strong, highly recommended for all, VeraFarmiga is killing it, great acting by Highmore too, twisted and intense. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

I’m a big fan of Daredevil these days, although Game of Thrones is my can’t-miss each week when it’s around.

Also, now that I work as part of a team in a tech startup, HBO’s Silicon Valley is also really amusing.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top