• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2021-05-04

PM

Hi all,
I’m Boiks and I’m a big fan of adventure games. Some of my favorites are Gabriel Knight, Day of the Tentacle, and Zelda.  I’m a musician and lately I’ve been working on developing a game heavily inspired by GK, Tentacle, and Ultima Underworld and really hope to have it wrapped up by the end of the year. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Boiks

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Boiks!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Boiks - 04 May 2021 09:56 PM

Hi all,
I’m Boiks and I’m a big fan of adventure games. Some of my favorites are Gabriel Knight, Day of the Tentacle, and Zelda.  I’m a musician and lately I’ve been working on developing a game heavily inspired by GK, Tentacle, and Ultima Underworld and really hope to have it wrapped up by the end of the year. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Boiks

Yes, welcome!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2021-08-25

PM

Hello! I am Ricky, a lifetime adventure games lover, particularly those with surprising stories and challenging puzzles.

My adventure games journey started way back in early 00s. I picked up the Myst series, played them all, then I fell in love with puzzle adventure games at once. Since then I have played lots of the kind, including the Penumbra series, Syberia trilogy, even some less renowned ones like Tunguska. But I still think the Myst series first 3 games got the best puzzles.

Oh and I think there is a really good but underrated one called Scratches!!!

Now, I finally have a chance to make my own adventure game. It is an indie by me and my friend. As our first PC game, we focused on the writing, humor, and surprises; while making the puzzles casual. It is called Apopia, and we just completed the free demo. Please check it out if you have time: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1648210/Apopia_Prologue/

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-08-31

PM

Hi all. I’m Maxim. I love chorus and adventure. Still a game nerd.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2021-09-13

PM

Hi, I’m Wade. The first adventure I played was the first one with graphics, Mystery House, on the Apple II when I was a kid. I like something from all adventure styles, but my favourite adventures are text-based, especially parser ones, which I also make. So I’m on intfiction.org all the time. adventuregamers reviewed my last commercial game six years ago (https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/28646) and I’m working on a really big one now. I hope to invite some folks to test it a little further down the track. So, hello!

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-09-23

PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Jim (aka Mr. Spatula - guess the reference) and I am a lifelong adventure game fan, The Secret of Monkey Island being the first video game I ever played at the tender age of five…

Me and a friend of mine have recently started a podcast, The Graphic Adventurers (details below) where we playthrough, discuss and review classic point-and-click adventures of old.  We are currently aiming to publish every two weeks, and the first two episodes are already up.  You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and a host of other podcast streaming services.

We also have a YouTube channel where we upload footage of our playthroughs.

If you are interested, please feel free to check us out and all feedback is much appreciated (be gentle however, it’s our first time!).

I decided to join the forums here not only to let you guys know about what we do, but also to forge some links with the adventure game community, seek help when we are hopelessly stuck, and look for suggestions for future episodes and games we might have missed.

We hope you enjoy what we have to offer, and look forward to being a part of the community!

The Graphic Adventurers

Podcast
Youtube
Twitter
Facebook

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Welcome! Smile

If I’m not mistaken, you’re nickname refers to a certain golfish.. edit: good use of spoiler tags, bad use of grammar

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-09-23

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 September 2021 12:35 PM

Welcome! Smile

If I’m not mistaken, you’re nickname refers to a certain golfish..

Thanks Vegetable Party!

And yes, you would be correct (good use of the spoiler tags!)

The Graphic Adventurers

Podcast
Youtube
Twitter
Facebook

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-09-26

PM

Heyho! I’m Domi from Germany and I’m on my way to my 40s. I don’t have a favorite genre but I can tell that I don’t like First Person Shooters, Clicker Games and Wimmelpicture-Games. I’m pretty interested in Story-, Dinosaur- & Classic Games and I used to be a huge Mortal Kombat fan until MK11…

Lately I’m trying to play all the Point & Click-Adventures I could find, but I never thought there are soooo many. So this might be a lifelong task! Grin

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Haha welcome and good luck! Three questions, right off the bat:

1. What’s your favourite (point & click) adventure game?
2. By Dinosaur- & Classic games, do you mean prehistoric animals as a theme or games that are so outdated they predate classic games and can only be discovered through paleontology?
3. Did you ever play any of the Werbespiel-adventures when you were young?

By the way, I haven’t played MK in ages but I did watch the first movie with my better half a month ago: hilarity ensued.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-09-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 27 September 2021 04:55 AM

Haha welcome and good luck! Three questions, right off the bat:

1. What’s your favourite (point & click) adventure game?
2. By Dinosaur- & Classic games, do you mean prehistoric animals as a theme or games that are so outdated they predate classic games and can only be discovered through paleontology?
3. Did you ever play any of the Werbespiel-adventures when you were young?

By the way, I haven’t played MK in ages but I did watch the first movie with my better half a month ago: hilarity ensued.

1. Hmmm… Fran Bow might be my favourite so far I guess.
2. I meant prehistoric animals. :-)
3. Yes, of course. I played Cool Spot and maybe others, but I can’t remember. These games weren’t very popular over here in Germany and only one of my friends even remembers Cool Spot.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks and nice!

I asked the last question because of a cd-rom I got from a neighbour when I was a kid. It had a bunch of Werbespiele and many of them were actual point & click adventure games, commissioned by big brands and even a ministry of the government (Internal Affairs). I always wondered how big this was in Germany. Whether it was like a pet project of someone in the ministry or if there was a meeting where point & click adventure games were considered a viable method of communicating with (part of) the populace!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We have lots of new members! I wanna welcome you all!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top