• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Baron_Blubba: Definitely the latter. I think they’re a bigger name abroad than over here, even. They were (and possibly are?) a huge deal in Central-and South-America.

I wonder what surprise is coming up next in this thread!

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Fiddler on the Roof - Far From The Home I Love

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite soundtracks. I learned to play the piano *just enough* to play this from the Easy Songbook for Fiddler on the Roof, so I could play it for my mom and hear this magic being reproduced by my own bumbling fingers.

Train - Save The Day

Sometimes while riding my bike I get the bouncy little theme from this song stuck in my head, and the rest of the ride will be ridden to the cadence of the song.

Pain of Salvation - Sisters

The subject matter here is very awkward, but man, this is one emotionally raw and candid song, from an emotionally raw and candid band.

I will try to keep on making ‘surprising’ contributions to this thread.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 03 May 2021 02:44 AM

@Baron_Blubba: Definitely the latter. I think they’re a bigger name abroad than over here, even. They were (and possibly are?) a huge deal in Central-and South-America.

I wonder what surprise is coming up next in this thread!

Wow, that is surprising. They are definitely heavier than your typical mainstream band, but they are palatable enough that I would expect there to be a fair amount of hometown pride, especially with Anneke up front.

There are actually a lot of really good Dutch metal bands, past and present, but The Gathering are the one that I thought would have the most enduring cultural significance.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 02 May 2021 02:03 PM

Bringing out the riffs! Thumbs Up  I can seeTimovieMan rocking out to these jams as well.

Not very into death metal so the Immolation song isn’t my thing.
The Priest song is awesome, though, and The Gathering’s great too! Cool

Baron_Blubba - 03 May 2021 01:03 PM

Wow, that is surprising. They are definitely heavier than your typical mainstream band, but they are palatable enough that I would expect there to be a fair amount of hometown pride, especially with Anneke up front.

There are actually a lot of really good Dutch metal bands, past and present, but The Gathering are the one that I thought would have the most enduring cultural significance.

As seen from my Belgian perspective, it seems like Within Temptation are still the only Dutch metal band to break through in mainstream media, both in the Netherlands and here.
Of course it helps that Sharon Den Adel is an amazing singer. And that imo she’s one of the most stunningly gorgeous women on the face of this planet…  Innocent

I’ve been into ‘80s music lately. Especially stuff I didn’t really got into when I was young and am now (re)discovering.

A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran

knew the band from the (often mocked) hairstyle, but not really from their music. This song is genius.

The Cult - Rain

I mainly knew their song “She Sells Sanctuary” but wasn’t that familiar with their other work. This particular song is by far their best, imo.

Anne Clark - Our Darkness

I first heard this song on the radio about 15 years ago, so more than 20 years after it was first released. It was so far ahead of its time that when I first heard it, I thought it was new.
But since I missed who the artist was, it took me years to find this again. Fortunately, I did. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Three more for you:

Joga - Baby Balloon
I have a Dance Dance Revolution set up in the game room of my toy store. So I get to listen to songs like this drifting around like pleasant scents all day.

Bruce Dickinson - Machine Men
I’m in the middle of playing (and *loving*) Primordia. So I figure a song called Machine Men might be very much in the moment.

Steven Wilson - Permanating

I’m also playing Disco Elysium, so here’s something to that effect.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

As a massive Porcupine Tree fan, I can only say: “Yay, Steven Wilson!” Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This is great.

Some quick shout-outs: “Joga - Baby Balloon” reminds me of the eurodance stuff that was huge in the 90s over here. I will totally and unapologetically shuffle step to stuff like this. No such thing as a guilty pleasure!

Anne Clark! I really enjoy the combination of synths/electronics and her somewhat affected but genuine sounding poetry. SLeeper in Metropolis is like a blueprint for dystopian sci=fi.

I’m putting all these songs in a playlist, so I’ll give everything a spin sooner or later.

Upsammy - Flutter

Anz - Unravel in the Designated Zone

This is what I sing in the shower: Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

No such thing as a guilty pleasure indeed! Seriously, that’s something I try to live by.

That Anz song, Unravel In The Designated Zone. Unless it was on DDR, there’s no way I would call it ‘up my alley’, BUT!—the title is fantastic!

I will contribute a few more soon. It might be fun if we try to dedicate songs to other forum members every now and then, based on things we’ve seen in their recent posts.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Baron_Blubba - 05 May 2021 11:43 AM

I will contribute a few more soon. It might be fun if we try to dedicate songs to other forum members every now and then, based on things we’ve seen in their recent posts.

Nice idea Laughing

For Karlok:

For Adv_Lvr:

For Walas74:

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Don’t know if all those descriptions fit Karlok.  Gasp Probably best to let her decide for herself (if she doesn’t ignore this thread entirely).

I do like the idea, though. Even if I’d say: do this at your own peril. Wink

Baron_Blubba: Blümchen - Bicycle Race

TimovieMan: Killing Joke - Eighties

Tenebra: Radiohead - Pyramid Song

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 May 2021 05:07 AM

Don’t know if all those descriptions fit Karlok.  Gasp Probably best to let her decide for herself (if she doesn’t ignore this thread entirely).

Oh I’m sure they don’t. I only posted it because it was what she (in jest) called herself.

I align more with the “forum treasure” description Smile

And let’s try not to be offended here. It’s all in good fun, and no one can know anyone else here besides what we have posted.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m trying to think of a song for you. But I’ll wait until other people have posted. Pretty curious where this going..

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 May 2021 05:07 AM

Tenebra: Radiohead - Pyramid Song

What an extraordinary song, isn’t it? <3

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

3 songs about life’s realities:

Stranded In Time

The Taxi Ride

Leave Me Be

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 03 May 2021 05:26 PM

.....The Cult - Rain

I mainly knew their song “She Sells Sanctuary” but wasn’t that familiar with their other work. This particular song is by far their best, imo.

I love that song ‘Rain’ but bought their album based on ‘She Sells Sanctuary’. The whole album is interesting but they seemed to have sold out for their next one which went down the heavy route. I don’t mind heavy but I wanted more of the same from them.

I can present 3 songs but my choice will change every 5 minutes!: The first one prevails:
Sandy Denny
The second (this man’s voice melts me)

& the third for me is the most enduring band for me at the mo:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top