• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cooking, baking, recipe swap etc.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

bahaha Karlok guessed I was a cook in another thread, but now I actually do want to talk about cooking, baking and recipes.

I thought this could be fun because we all live in different parts of the world, and probably use different ingredients or just have different ideas.

So I bake bread once a week.  And I don’t do anything special, but that’s not what I was going to talk about today.

So recently, I saw these people on TV making bread with tapioca flour and eggs instead of wheat flour and yeast.

I gave it a shot myself, and it is quite amazing.  This recipe is called Pao De Queijo or something like that.  I don’t know it means…? Brazilian Cheese Bread (so I’m assuming I butchered the… portugese?  I forgot what language Brazil primarily speaks)

It was super simple,
1 cup half and half (or cream)
1/2 cup oil
pinch of salt

heat to boil then remove from heat

stir in 2 cups of tapioca flour (I had to order it on the internet)
preheat oven 350 F

stir in 1 1/2- 2 cups cheese.  I used parmesan, but I’ve also seen romano cheese used.

stir until doughy, add two eggs and continue to stir.

roll into balls like dinner rolls, put them in fridge or freezer (don’t have to, but they may go flat in the over instead of keeping a ball shape)

bake 20-25 minutes.  The final product should be crispy and firm on the outside, but chewy like bread/egg/cheese inside.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235872/po-de-queijo-brazilian-cheese-bread/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search&clickId=cardslot 1

This cheese bread is naturally gluten free, and in Brazil it is served with dinner as an appetizer, although I could eat them all day long!

They need to be served warm, as they do get tough past a day of sitting out, but usually that won’t matter, as they have been really popular with my fellow cheese lovers.

So my question to you guys now is…. do you like this recipe?  Have you made brazilian cheese bread before?

Do you have any other ideas for what can I use this tapioca flour for?

I’ve never had it until I baked this bread, but I really like it’s consistency, and the fact that tapioca doesn’t form gluten!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

ah, since you are a bread maker, maybe you can help me. I bought a 5 lb bag of bread flour and yeast to use in my bread maker but, alas, my bread maker quit as soon as I tried to make the first loaf. I am thinking of just tossing this bread flour, but, it there some way that I can use it? I am too old to mix bread dough by hand -hence the bread machine - and I want something easy that isn’t to hard for an old lady. any ideas?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top