• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

All-time favourite movies?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-10-24

PM

What I like about the film is that both interpretations actually work. On one hand, it’s a universal depiction of an existential crisis. We do not see him doing anything other than examining and collecting insects before he is captured so I think he comes to the conclusion that the life outside the pit isn’t really worth it. On the other hand, the film is also seen as critique of the Japanese society - how it drives men to work like slaves. Seeing the end result as “brainwashing” supports that view. On top of that I love how the camera manages to capture the protagonist’s state of mind so vividly.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

It’s all gone Pete Tong, a hidden Gem. It’s about a DJ superstar, living on Ibiza, who goes completely deaf. Great movie.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-01-14

PM

My all time favourite film is New Moon from the Twilight Saga, i like all the films but this one is the best

Image Attachments

images.jpeg

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

i just saw dances with wolves for the first time and it’s amazing

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ll make it quick in 10 numbers, although I’ll cheat a bit.

Back to the Future Trilogy - my all-time favourite, watched it like millions of times, perfect blend of comedy, sci-fi and adventure.
The Dollars Trilogy - the best the Western genre can suggest, along with Once Upon a Time. Leone + Morricone = win.
The Sequels Trilogy - made it up, but it’s a perfect way to describe Mad Max 2, Terminator 2 and Aliens, three sequels to three cult sci-fi/action films of the 1980s that surpass the originals in every way.
City of Lost Children - love at first sight, extremely beautiful and stylish tale, unlike the horrible game.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - this and Snatch are the reasons why I will always put Guy Ritchie ahead of Tarantino.
Dersu Uzala - By no means I’m a fan of Akira Kurosawa, but Dersu just gets under your skin, a stunning film about man and nature.
They Live! - I love early John Carpenter, and this is probably his most angry satire on modern society, even without Kurt Russel.
Brazil - and this is Terry Gilliam’s take on similar subject. Better than the “1984” film (and book, to be fair).
Steamboat Bill, Jr. - Buster Keaton is the king of physical comedy to me, and this is the best demonstration of his skills.
Gattaca - a very underrated and emotionally charged gem about future, eugenics and the will to win.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-05-22

PM

Lord of the Ring movies will always be the BEST!

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ok in no particular order here are some of my all time favourite movies:

- Star Wars (all episodes)
- Rogue One
- Indiana Jones (all of them, including KotCS)
- Jurassic Park series (not Jurassic World because that sucked. One of the worst movies ever)
- Blade Runner
- Alien
- The recent Star Trek movies
- Lord of the Rings trilogy (The Hobbit was not so good)
- Peter Jackson’s King Kong
- Avatar (the wait for the sequel is way too long)
- Transformers series
- District 9
- The Fifth Element
- John Carter (such a shame that the movie flopped)
- Cloverfield (which I regard as the best monster movie ever made)
- Immortals
- Troy (not Gladiator because it’s one of the most boring and overrated movies in history)
- Mad Max Fury Road
- World War Z
- Snowpiercer (even though a lot of stuff didn’t make sense at all. Still enjoyed it)
- Goodfellas
- Bringing out the Dead
- Pulp Fiction
- Ronin
- James Bond (most of them. Not a fan of Diamonds are Forever, Die Another Day, Never Say Never Again)
- Predator
- Apocalypse Now
- Black Hawk Down
- Jarhead
- Saving Private Ryan
- Austin Powers trilogy (funniest movies ever)
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Kung Pow Enter the Fist haha
- Some Pixar movies
- Shrek
- Kung Fu Panda
- Rango
- Tin Tin
- Spirited Away
- Aladdin and Lion King (for nostalgic reasons. First two movies I ever saw I think)
- The Gods Must be Crazy
- Fiela se Kind (the movie made me cry lol)
- Tsotsi

All I can think of right now but I know there are more

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

The Life of PI

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ve to say i come here a lot, picking stuff of other posters favs that i have never watched, and mostly they turn out very enjoyable.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Did anyone watch a small indie movie called The Endless, I cant get enough of it, i watched it 4 times in two years and i am always enjoying it.. if ye love The Call of Cthulhu, you must watch this twisted idea of adaptation.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Great!  I look forward to checking out The Endless.

So even though I’m not huge into cinema, I have some weird picks for favorite movies, understand, I used to work at a movie store so I’ve seen some junk ^_^
In no particular order:

1. 28 Days Later (still scares me and I watch it once a year)

2. May (hilarious and unsettling the 2006 movie)

3. A Scanner Darkly (I argue the best or at least my fav. of the philip k dick novels adapted for film)

4. Aladdin (I want to be a prince!

5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (So turns out jim carey is amazing when he’s not goofy too)
6. The Matrix (mostly nostalgia.  I was probably 8 when I watched it, and my little kid mind was blown at the philosophical theological ideas and inspirations. But good cinematography and fun writing)

6. Ginger snaps series

7. Cube series

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Doom - 22 May 2017 01:28 PM

I’ll make it quick in 10 numbers, although I’ll cheat a bit.

Back to the Future Trilogy - my all-time favourite, watched it like millions of times, perfect blend of comedy, sci-fi and adventure.
The Dollars Trilogy - the best the Western genre can suggest, along with Once Upon a Time. Leone + Morricone = win.
The Sequels Trilogy - made it up, but it’s a perfect way to describe Mad Max 2, Terminator 2 and Aliens, three sequels to three cult sci-fi/action films of the 1980s that surpass the originals in every way.
City of Lost Children - love at first sight, extremely beautiful and stylish tale, unlike the horrible game.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - this and Snatch are the reasons why I will always put Guy Ritchie ahead of Tarantino.
Dersu Uzala - By no means I’m a fan of Akira Kurosawa, but Dersu just gets under your skin, a stunning film about man and nature.
They Live! - I love early John Carpenter, and this is probably his most angry satire on modern society, even without Kurt Russel.
Brazil - and this is Terry Gilliam’s take on similar subject. Better than the “1984” film (and book, to be fair).
Steamboat Bill, Jr. - Buster Keaton is the king of physical comedy to me, and this is the best demonstration of his skills.
Gattaca - a very underrated and emotionally charged gem about future, eugenics and the will to win.

Aliens is an awesom action sci-fi, but doesnt surpass Alien.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2020-05-27

PM

Ouff I am mostly into TV shows, but I really want to expand my knowledge in the movies, I need to watch a lot more all time classics
For now I really like LOTR!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Blade Runner. Minority Report.

Interview with a Vampire.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Alien and Aliens also, Prometheus is very good too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top