• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sean Connery R.I.P.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Heard it just now, 90 years old.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

He was 90 and had been in retirement for almost 20 years, so this didn’t hit me as hard as for instance Robin Williams, David Bowie or Alan Rickman did. But Sean Connery was one of the greats, a charming and charismatic leading man, still the benchmark against which all Bond actors are measured, and someone who could uplift a movie just by appearing in it.
And I will always have fond memories of his very distinctive voishe and acshent. Smile

Which reminds me of this bad joke:

- At what time did Sean Connery arrive at Wimbledon?

Tennish.

R.I.P. Sean!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I hear he’s has been sick for many years, sad, but we all have to go sometime. Some actors are at their prime rght up to when they die, sadly Sean was not new for them.

Who’s the next Bond? Could be interesting….....

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top