• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 27 December 2018 08:59 PM

dont you guys have that ‘i-am-not-a-robot’ test now at the process of registering ?

The measures in place easily stop 300+ bots per day, but a handful always get through. Most likely because they have an actual human being doing the registering and the posting (although I’m still baffled at the “WHY?” of it all)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ve been intimated by a robot,wow, well, thats sumthing to remember Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So… it’s 2019, and I still rickroll people. Grin

Only on April 1st, though. Tongue

Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

From what I’ve seen of the world championship snooker so far, I don’t think anyone’s going to be able to stop Neil Robertson from obtaining his second title.
Shaun Murphy played some of his best snooker of recent years and Robertson still mopped the floor with him. And Selby, O’Sullivan and Williams are out already…

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Robertson has been excellent so far, but I do wonder whether he can keep it up. I hope so because he is a much better player than results from the last few seasons might show.

I think Judd Trump is in with a shout, he has had a strong season and is a big occasion player, could be his year.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ennio Morricone, one of the absolute greatest film composers of all time, passed away at age 91.

R.I.P. Il Maestro Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

isnt there a way the site can contain the devs threads with only one poster promoting his game?

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

millenia - 23 August 2014 12:08 PM

Actually, the meningitis seemed to affect my taste. For some reason I could eat a few things in the hospital I though to be kinda disgusting before. And this was while I had some days I couldn’t get/keep anything down. Currently one of my drugs alters my taste a bit too, kinda pity. Makes soda taste bad, very chemical and weird. Mineral water tastes sweet then for some reason. And once in a while I just taste liquorice in my throat, I have no idea why.

I just came across this post randomly while searching for something else.  Many, many years ago I had meningitis and I can confirm that, aside from blinding headaches and generally feeling like a wrung sponge, two side effects you’d expect, I also found that almost nothing tasted like it should.  A juicy kebab from my favorite kebab shop, one of my favorite foods in the whole world, tasted like nothing more than a mouthful of Elmer’s Glue to me.  Sick

The only thing I tried at that time that tasted like it should was Chef Boy-Ar-Dee Ravioli, so for a few weeks after being discharged from the hospital that’s what I lived on almost exclusively.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Still shopping at the Piggly Wiggly

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 05 August 2020 07:47 AM

Still shopping at the Piggly Wiggly

Of course!  Winn-Dixie is too high (even their special “shopper’s club” members-only discount prices are still a few pennies more than Piggly Wiggly’s regular everyday prices), Western closed (with good reason… they were never known for obsessive cleanliness to begin with and became downright nasty inside the last few years they were open), and Publix and Asda are several miles away whereas Piggly Wiggly is only two blocks down the street.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Let’s play: Guess the forum members professions! (just for fun)

Lady Kestrel: Librarian
Chrissie: Public defender lawyer/baby animal rescue volunteer
Advie: Musician (obvious choice since he posts a lot of music) but possibly also doubling as a priest/cleric
Zobraks: Archivist
Diego: Comedian/clown
Timovieman: Accountant
Celebreon: Psychotherapist
D: Quiz Show host
Karlok: Headmistress of an exclusive private school
Milennia: Business owner specializing in obscure japanese visual novels sales
Mikekelly: Professional cuddler (yes, it’s a real profession!)
rtrooney: Chief advocate, CNGAB (Citizens’ National Gaming Advocacy Body )
Gatekeeper: Professor, Computer game historian
Jackal: Stay at home dad
Kurufinwe: War veteran (MIA)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

bull’s eye.

now, let me take a shot

Lady Kestrel: A Physicist
Chrissie: A Judge
Luhr28:  android Nexus1
Zobraks: an anarchist
Diego: a talkshow host
Timovieman: a doctor
Celebreon: the cook
D: retired
Karlok: police chief
Milennia: novelist
Mikekelly: teacher
rtrooney: full-time revolutionist
Gatekeeper: a gatekeeper
Jackal: Canadian PM
Kurufinwe: gangster

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Luhr28 - 12 August 2020 07:40 AM

Let’s play: Guess the forum members professions! (just for fun)

Let’s not - it’s not relevant, it’s personal & therefore potentially offensive.  Naughty

Also I don’t like that so many notable forum members are not included on this list!  Pan

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

alright, but there you go, the Judge personality is all over there Laughing

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Oops.. I misread the thread title. I thought it was “anything goes” but I missed the “unless chrissie says” part

Carry on. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top