• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-07-09

PM

Origami - 06 August 2020 10:19 PM

Skipped the first Detective Grimoire and jumped right into Tangled Tower. Estimate I am about 65% in. Loving every minute so far. Hope the resolution is good.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend going back to the first Detective Grimoire! I loved it, personally.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

bryceoco - 06 August 2020 10:36 PM

Skipped the first Detective Grimoire and jumped right into Tangled Tower. Estimate I am about 65% in. Loving every minute so far. Hope the resolution is good.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend going back to the first Detective Grimoire! I loved it, personally.

I am very forgiving towards gameplay if the story is solid. How is the first game’s story compared to the second. No spoilers as I haven’t finished none yet.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Origami - 07 August 2020 02:20 AM

I am very forgiving towards gameplay if the story is solid. How is the first game’s story compared to the second. No spoilers as I haven’t finished none yet.

I guess it should be clarified that there are two Detective Grimoire games!

The first one is a browser game from 2007:
http://armorgames.com/play/200/detective-grimoire

The second one is a Kickstarted remake from 2014:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272600/Detective_Grimoire/

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

GateKeeper - 07 August 2020 02:50 AM
Origami - 07 August 2020 02:20 AM

I guess it should be clarified that there are two Detective Grimoire games!

The first one is a browser game from 2007:
http://armorgames.com/play/200/detective-grimoire

The second one is a Kickstarted remake from 2014:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272600/Detective_Grimoire/

I think it’s clear we are both talking about the 2014 released one.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Having fun with this. I got it on Game Pass.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Discworld was the first adventure game I ever played (and my introduction to my favourite author), and I love it. No game has more beautiful low-res background paintings. And it was funny.

I found Discworld 2 to be a huge disappointment. It has a song that I quite liked, but it is too overused, so I hated it by the end of the game. It also makes heavy use of rehashing old Monty Python gags. (Don’t get me wrong, I love Python, but not here.) Also despite having the same composer as the first game, the musical score is nowhere near as good. I also don’t care for the style of the graphics, but that’s more of a taste thing. (And it had a game breaking bug that had me stuck for a long time, until I finally checked a walkthrough and found that I was supposed to talk to a character that wasn’t there in my game! That doesn’t matter to anyone playing it now though, as it’s patched now.)

Discworld Noir is a very different game, but really good. I’ve heard it’s hard or maybe even impossible to get running on a modern computer though. (I’m currently without an optical drive, so I can’t try.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Trying to play the first Danganronpa. I’m a couple of hours into it but so far it hasn’t really grabbed me. Doesn’t help that I cannot find a way to quit the game without force, the start/escape button for some reason only taking me to a help screen. Had to force quit the game yesterday and had by then read a lot of text since the game allowed me to save. Am I missing something?

And what’s with those diffuculty settings, not being explained one bit? I chose “mean” for logic and “kind” for action but have no idea what those choices really mean. Any recommendations here?

Restarted the game early on and chose Japanese speech instead of English. The English ones were unbearable!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Veovis - 09 August 2020 06:45 AM

Trying to play the first Danganronpa. I’m a couple of hours into it but so far it hasn’t really grabbed me.

I had the same issue (see a few pages back here). Takes a good long while but it does get better!

Doesn’t help that I cannot find a way to quit the game without force, the start/escape button for some reason only taking me to a help screen. Had to force quit the game yesterday and had by then read a lot of text since the game allowed me to save. Am I missing something?

Are you still in the prologue? You can only save once you reach Chapter 1…

And what’s with those diffuculty settings, not being explained one bit? I chose “mean” for logic and “kind” for action but have no idea what those choices really mean. Any recommendations here?

They come into play during the class trials, which you obviously haven’t reached yet. They relate to the difficulty of the minigames there. My recommendation? The minigames suck, so put the difficulty as easy as you can…
But I wasn’t the biggest fan, so maybe someone else could give you a more nuanced opinion. Grin

Restarted the game early on and chose Japanese speech instead of English. The English ones were unbearable!

I liked the Japanese ones better as well!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Thanks @TimovieMan. I have saved the game a couple of times and think I have reached chapter one. But I can’t find no obvious way to quit (and even less manually save) the game. Sucks when you need to do something else and it’s far between saving points. And the dialogue so far has been pretty silly. Not too eager to read it again.

Maybe I’ve had enough of Japanese over-the-top-ness for a while, having recently played (and really enjoyed) 428 Shibuya Scramble. That game at least had a much more realistic setting. I did enjoy 999 on the NDS and love the Phoenix Wright games so I guess I will try Danganronpa again sometime.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For me, I thought Dangaronpa had a most unique story that got really interesting in the later chapters. I found that the beginning chapters to be rather silly but the game ending was well worth it. I played it on the PSVITA and iPad and didn’t have any game save issues.

I’ve never played it with the Japanese voices, I’ll have to give that a try.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am actually playing a great mobile only game called “The Lost Echo” it is very good. Great graphics, story and characters. Can’t be too many games like this one on the market. An A plus game in my book.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Mikekelly - 15 August 2020 01:28 PM

I am actually playing a great mobile only game called “The Lost Echo” it is very good. Great graphics, story and characters. Can’t be too many games like this one on the market. An A plus game in my book.

Heart

I have been recommending that game on repeated occasion but nobody takes me seriously.

How far into the game are you? Because the game does something that kind of deconstructs the adventure genre.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am 34% complete. So far, so good, nothing yet that would cause me to abandon the game.

Heart

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Mikekelly - 16 August 2020 07:23 AM

I am 34% complete. So far, so good, nothing yet that would cause me to abandon the game.

Heart

Lol not saying it will make you abandon the game. You are just going to appreciate it more. I won’t spoil it.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

About to start Mutazione. Don’t let me down.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top