• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Longest Journey Unofficial Patch?

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

What with the release of ‘Dreamfall Chapters’ being (presumably) imminent—I thought maybe I’d try finishing ‘TLJ’, having started playing it about a year ago, stopping when I ran into what seemed to be a real git of a bug.

I saw something elsewhere about an unofficial patch (hopefully that’d work with the Steam version) that fixes a lot of the issues faced by modern computers. A Something search has proved less than fruitful, though… does anyone here have a working link to it (if it exists)?

Cheers, youse. Failing that, I’ll just make use of all those crazy YouTube uploads people do these days.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

There’s not any official patch to TLJ to run in Win 7, that I know. But there are 3 “dll” files that you have to update in the game folder to be able to play in Win 7 and advanced machines. I don’t remember where did I get them but I know they work. If you want them, I still have them. Meanwhile, I’ll try to find out where I got them from, ok?

[Edit: rereading my notes, apparently those dll files are in the CD1 of the original 4CD game pack. But they are not copyed to the game folder after the installation. You have to manually copy “mfc42.dll”, “msvcirt.dll” and “msvcp60.dll” from CD1 to the game installation folder then it will work.]

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

If those are the files you need, it sounds like you just need to install the visual studio 6 redistributable files package: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I found some savegames, one of which is after the offending point. So I seem to have sorted the problem out (should’ve done that 2 years ago probably—but I s’pose the huge gap is preparing me for the prospect of an episodic sequel, haha).

Thanks for all the help, though!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top