• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island & A Vampyre Story - screen size

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-05-26

PM

Hi!  I’m having problems with Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island & A Vampyre Story: I can install and run the games, but the screen size is tiny: a small picture surrounded by blackness.  Any suggestions for getting the games running properly?

Specs:
Hewlett Packard 200-5320a, running Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks!

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

Both games have a fixed resolution (I think AVS: 800x600 & GPOVI: 1024x768).
It looks like your videochip/display combination doesn’t scale the resolution to full screen but instead displays it with the original resolution (which covers only a small part of your display since it has a native resolution of 1920x1080).

NVidia and AMD provides drivers for their videochips that lets you activate scaling and choose how the scaling should be done.

Since you’re using a Hewlett-Packard system that has two video chips I don’t know which videochip is active if you play both games (it should be the NVidia videochip but with adventures often the less powerful Intel GMA videochip is chosen) and I don’t know if Hewlett-Packard provides modified drivers for the videochips to match their own corporate look&feel;. Anyhow… You should open the videochip driver settings (e.g. NVidia control panel) and look for a setting connected to scaling. If you’ve found it you should choose a setting called “Fixed aspect ratio scaling”, “Maintain aspect ratio” or something similar. Either you do this for both videochips or you have to assign the videochip with the changed setting to the game manually.

Afterwards the game should start using the full height (black bars right & left since the aspect ratio of the games is 4:3 and the aspect ratio of your display is 16:9).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top