• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The big “Tesla Effect” puzzle help thread

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

wilco - 11 May 2014 06:27 AM

I’m stuck in need a little help - day 5 and its HOGs is seriously getting on my nerves -

In Sessen I have to get the 7 symbols pieces to open the door, I what have them all except the one at the bottom of the well, I have a rope but probably need another object to combine. Any pointers?

Look at the entrance to the Sense for a hook, beside a lamp, right beside where you have to pass the card to enter.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@UruBoo

Thanks for trying to help out.

It is exactly what I am doing, or at least trying to do.
From the top (the correct combinations that I have discovered through trial and error)
(TOP)yellow/red ,red/yellow,green/red,red/yellow, red/green, yellow/red (BOTTOM)
however the problem is that when I try to change the color combinations in the left column, using all four buttons, a change is possible for sure, but will mess up my other color combinations I have done. I don’t understand how I can prevent this? There is no way to lock each color decision, once I have set the colors? Or do I need to do each color combination in a specific order? Man, I am super confused. I totally understand what i need to do, but I can’t actually do it.
[/spoiler]

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Niclas, I’ll try to help you as much as I can. Do this:
At the bottom, you have the choice to change the colors of the column. First, do just the left most colors for each row. Change the color, click the up arrow. See if the combination lights up green on any row at the right. Of course, you have to change the color for the right to, but that doesn’t matter now. Once you find out which color of the left column lights up green on each row on the right, note down the sequence. For example, first row: yellow, second row: red: third: green, etc. Now, work with the right sequence of the colors on the left column. Eventually, you will find out the exact color of each row (i.e. first row: yellow/red, second row: red/yellow, and there you go). It will just be a matter to arrange them in the right order by pressing just the up/down arrows. I hope this can help. Otherwise, if you want, I can give you the right sequence of colors to each row.

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@UruBoo

Once again, super thanks for trying to help out. I feel really stupid, I have been doing all the time exactly what you describe above, but is does not work. I’m starting to think that there is some kind of bug.

I try to change color first in the left side color field of the column. And then when they are aligned I will change the colors in the right field. (OR AT LEAST TRY TO DO THIS) However the PROBLEM is when I change color by going up and down using the arrows, the colors are changing ALL OVER the columns, which makes it hard to get the correct sequence of colors. The color combination that you pick, does not really “stick”, and when trying to change colors for another row, the above or below color combination (that I have picked) will be ruined. I can’t really explain by writing, really hard to describe in words what I am experiencing .

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Stuck again in day 5 Frown, now in the the part where you have to avoid the monks that are wondering around

Maybe I shouldn’t have started in gamer mode, getting a lot of frustration. Probably best just to stop playing for a while Neutral

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2005-10-05

PM

wilco - 11 May 2014 09:37 AM

Stuck again in day 5 Frown, now in the the part where you have to avoid the monks that are wondering around

Maybe I shouldn’t have started in gamer mode, getting a lot of frustration. Probably best just to stop playing for a while Neutral

I complained about this a few pages back and I still hate this kind of thing in adventure games. This one’s not just in gamer mode either, and made me stop playing for a couple of hours as well.. Your goal there is to walk around undetected and look at the various signs and pick up 7 letters that will let you into Mason’s cell. Two of the signs are inside the area where the two monks/guards are resting. I failed to see a pattern in their walks (because I’m impatient and got motion sickness from all the running and sneaking around), but somehow I finally managed to get in there when they were both out on their round, using the left entrance. When you’ve done that (assuming you’ve now got the all 7 letters), quickly proceed to Mason’s cell and use the letters on the sign and spell “Supreme” to open it.

One thing I found that helps when sneaking around is to use the storage room, headmaster’s room, or the entrance where you came in. Even if you open the doors from the inside of the rooms, the guards don’t see you, so it’s a good place to keep watch. You also only seem to be visible to them if you’re in the light, be it the sweeping security lights or their flashlights.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

wilco - 11 May 2014 09:37 AM

That part could be frustrating. But after a while I found out that you can pass easily the monks on doing this: Try to catch all “letters” in the corridors with a certance distance (you do not need to be very close to catch the letters). Then, go to the left most alcove and stand at the corner, waiting to the monk to leave the place. He will not spot you as long as you stand at the corner, looking to him and looking to the monk that is walking around. You have to time the exact moment that the monk that is walking around is coming to you and the monk sitting in the alcove decides to leave his place. Then, quikly capture the two other letters and leave. You did it.It is not that hard.

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Niclas - 11 May 2014 08:36 AM

@UruBoo

Once again, super thanks for trying to help out. I feel really stupid, I have been doing all the time exactly what you describe above, but is does not work. I’m starting to think that there is some kind of bug.

I try to change color first in the left side color field of the column. And then when they are aligned I will change the colors in the right field. (OR AT LEAST TRY TO DO THIS) However the PROBLEM is when I change color by going up and down using the arrows, the colors are changing ALL OVER the columns, which makes it hard to get the correct sequence of colors. The color combination that you pick, does not really “stick”, and when trying to change colors for another row, the above or below color combination (that I have picked) will be ruined. I can’t really explain by writing, really hard to describe in words what I am experiencing .

Ok Niclas, try this: Pressing just the left arrow, change the first color on the leftmost color to yellow and press the up arrow. Now, change the color to red. (Always just pressing the left arrow to change the color). Press up arrow. Next, to green. Press up arrow. Next two to red, pressing up arrow. The last one will be yellow. Now you have all the right sequence for the leftmost color column. Now, go for the rightmost color: (pressing the right arrow) red, press down arrow. Yellow, press down arrow, red, yellow, green and red. After that you just have to sincronize the left and right color/column by pressing the up and down arrows. Hope that this finally helps you out. The complete sequence of colors should be, from top to bottom: yellow/red, red/yellow, green/red, red/yellow, red/green and yellow/red.
If, for any reason, the colors on the column you change after you press the up or down arrow changes, then you have a bug.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks Uroboo and Spock, I got it. I hope the x numbet of hidden objects puzzles stop showing up.

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@UruBoo
If, for any reason, the colors on the column you change after you press the up or down arrow changes, then you have a bug.

Thanks so much for helping out. However, it is clearly that I have a bug in this puzzle and I can’t complete it. Frown Do you or anyone else have a save game file just after this puzzle?

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

I think my game bugged in Day 5…

I’m doing the Steath section with the monks. I got all the letters, and for the longest time I couldn’t interact with Borough’s room. The two security cameras kept catching me if I got to close. Eventually I got caught but triggered the door lock panel to open up, so next time I managed to place the letters and unlock the door.

But now I can’t walk through the door, without being caught by the cameras (not the Monk, he’s not around)

What is the deal? Bug? Or did I miss something? I can’t get into the Headmaster’s room, I’ve not found a key for it. Nor the cabinet in the storage room.

This is seriously irritating.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jim Purcell - 12 May 2014 04:50 AM

I’m doing the Steath section with the monks. I got all the letters, and for the longest time I couldn’t interact with Borough’s room. The two security cameras kept catching me if I got to close. Eventually I got caught but triggered the door lock panel to open up, so next time I managed to place the letters and unlock the door.

But now I can’t walk through the door, without being caught by the cameras (not the Monk, he’s not around)

What is the deal? Bug? Or did I miss something? I can’t get into the Headmaster’s room, I’ve not found a key for it. Nor the cabinet in the storage room.

Also got stuck there You have to turn off the cameras in the headmaster room, search the storage room carefully

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

wilco - 12 May 2014 04:56 AM
Jim Purcell - 12 May 2014 04:50 AM

Also got stuck there You have to turn off the cameras in the headmaster room, search the storage room carefully

Thanks, that solved it. I still wish there was a medium difficulty where the flashlight makes items glow, but you can’t skip puzzles. Scavaging for small, hard to see objects in the environment is easily my least favorite aspect of this game.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Niclas - 12 May 2014 04:30 AM

PLEASE HELP!!!Does anyone have a save file just before/after the Power Routing Station puzzle in Chapter 9 (GAMER MODE)?

I have a bug in that puzzle/save game, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to progress. Many thanks in advance.

I only have on Casual Mode (Double Life path) but if you want it, send me a PM with a email address I can send it to.

But to be quite honest, I don’t think it is a bug, I just think you are fixated on the wrong solution, at least that is how I read your post:

Niclas - 11 May 2014 07:55 AM

[spoiler]however the problem is that when I try to change the color combinations in the left column, using all four buttons, a change is possible for sure, but will mess up my other color combinations I have done.[/spoiler]

They are actually suppose to do that!
The problem is that you are using all 4 buttons at the same time, instead of two buttons for each column of colours.

Try looking at this screenshot where I have added some comments, perhaps it explains it better than text does.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 12 May 2014 03:10 PM

I’m now in Day 8 & in the Tesla place. I’ve just opened a door with the threat of laser beams, used the smoke bomb & looked at the path ahead & thought ARE YOU KIDDING! I’ve tentatively tried & watched a You Tube clip to try & get some tips - anymore would be gratefully received!

Well the whole Tesla Society place is the biggest and most difficult place in the game, think Roswell in TPD multiplied by 10 and you have a good idea of what is ahead of you Smile

Regarding the laser, then there really aren’t any tricks. Just time your moves, take one laser beam at a time and wait between the beams until you have figured out the timing of the next beam, and be careful not to walk too far so you accidentally walk into the next beam.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top