• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

eddycKarlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Rally for Raleigh - crowdfunding campaign to support Raleigh Holmes’ cancer recovery

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Rally for Raleigh

Hope this is appropriate here; I’m guessing some adventure gamers should know Raleigh either from the Jane Jensen Pinkerton Road Kickstarter pitch, as Robert Holmes’ daughter and singer in the Scarlet Furies from the Gray Matter soundtrack, as the voice of Erica Reed in Cognition, or maybe even met her at last years Open House for the Pinkerton Road CSG.

Hope her recovery goes well.

Last autumn, after many months of being ill, my dear friend Raleigh Holmes was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Many of you know Raleigh through her creative work in music, acting, painting and voiceover. (You can watch videos and see photographs of her creative works in the gallery to the right.)

A diagnosis of this kind forever changes the course of one’s life, but Raleigh took it in stride and with great courage. After two major surgeries and several months of treatment, she is well on her way to a happier and healthier future. However, there are challenges ahead, including extensive treatments for side effects of the surgeries, which will require months of additional painful treatments. Raleigh is grateful to have the chance to undergo fertility treatments, but as they are costly and must be paid up front and out of pocket, she cannot afford them without help.

As any of you know who have been ill in the United States, the costs for this kind of serious illness and ongoing treatment add up very quickly and can be massive. While Raleigh’s family has been helping all they can, there are extensive costs that have already accumulated, and more on the way. That is why we are asking for your help.

This is a person who always puts others’ needs before her own, who brings light into the lives of everyone she meets. She has faced cancer with extraordinary grace, and has fought relentlessly, but now needs our help to move through and beyond it. Please help in any way you can.

Thank you!

Mira Courage

For more info on Raleigh you can visit:
http://www.raleighholmes.com
http://www.scarletfuries.com

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I don’t have much to spare, but I’ll certainly chip in what little I can. I had wished the surgery was the last operation she needed… Well, she’s amazing and deserves all the help she gets. Thanks for posting this here.

This US health-care system Frown

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 22 February 2014 05:14 AM

This US health-care system Frown

^ Sadly, this.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top