• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesDeVogeltjes

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-04-21

PM

Hello all,
I’m new to this site and forum - and am interested in point&click; adventure games - especially development of them.
What I wanted to ask, if there are any threads, where developers can suggest/advertise their own games (for me, currently speaking, only browser-based, short, free games) without considered to be viral advertising?
Thanks!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Hi, blackgoby!

Go ahead and post… oh, you’ve already done so. Good. Smile

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-05-07

PM

Hi,
I started gaming on my commodore 64. I loved the old roleplaying games like Ultima and point & click games like Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island.

On PC I like the life is strange series.

Tabacha

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to AG, Tabacha!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2020-05-27

PM

Hello everyone! I’m a newbie here, decided find someone who knows about games much more than me. I’m kinda shy and can forget to answer on your posts, but I’ll do my best!!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2020-06-01

PM

Hey fellow adventure gamers,

My names Sam, I’m new here.

I grew up with a brother who was 8 years older than me and loved building computers.

I remember him owning a Amiga and the first game I remember playing on it was Secret of Monkey Island. Good old floppy disc days.

I have fond memories staring at the screen in frustration and nagging my brother to try to remember how to solve that one puzzle.

I would love to make some friends who play point and click games.

Day of the Tentacle is my favourite game followed by Sam and Max series and then the Monkey Island series.

I’m currently playing Thimbleweed Park.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Hello and welcome to AG Kirby and Sam!

Have fun playing thimbleweed, I recently beat it as well and although I had mixed feelings, I enjoyed the overall experience

by the way, I might need help getting unstuck in DOTT ^_^

I think it’s funny that there’s a whole group of people that are nostalgic for that feeling because compared to simple joy of other games like platformers, the reward for playing and solving adventures is a slow-burn.

I guess it shows that despite us living in a more immediate and on-demand world, that some of us will always prefer a slower way.

Joined 2020-06-01

PM

Celebreon - 04 June 2020 01:48 PM

Hello and welcome to AG Kirby and Sam!

Have fun playing thimbleweed, I recently beat it as well and although I had mixed feelings, I enjoyed the overall experience

by the way, I might need help getting unstuck in DOTT ^_^

I think it’s funny that there’s a whole group of people that are nostalgic for that feeling because compared to simple joy of other games like platformers, the reward for playing and solving adventures is a slow-burn.

I guess it shows that despite us living in a more immediate and on-demand world, that some of us will always prefer a slower way.

Thimbleweed Park I’m enjoying but could nitpick some of the old school game choices like red herring items, items that don’t standout (gas can) and that item that cant be seen but must be found.

But overall im a sucker for all the monkey island, Sierra and Maniac Mansion references and in jokes. They really put a nostalgic smile on my face and really help this game feel like a love letter to the fans.

I actually have DOTT memorised from start to finish so if you ever need a subtle hint. Im here. Smile

So true, i find point and click games both frustrating and insanely rewarding. I just wish i was good at them haha.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2020-06-09

PM

I’d like to join as well. I am new to IF, but I like it, even though I’m super bad at it. I first found IF out when “A dark room” ads were targeted at me. I looked up how to play it on the web(because I didn’t want to buy it), and I really liked it. The game was described as text-based, and since I liked it, I looked up “Text based games” all the search results were IFs.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Hi, Random User! You have many great games ahead to discover!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-06-03

PM

Hi all,

I’ve been playing adventure games since I was young where I played things like The Gene Machine / Full Throttle / Dare to dream.

Favourite games are Broken Sword 1 / 2.

I mostly play point and click games on my phone these days but can be persuaded to play one the PC if it looks like a good one.

I work fulltime in gamedev (not on point and click games) and just finished making a point and click game in my spare time with my friend Smile.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Hey, Hey, Monkan! Hi to you Monkan.
(Sorry if the reference means nothing to you. Then I was mistaken about the origins of your username.)

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2020-06-09

PM

Monkan - 16 June 2020 05:45 PM

I work fulltime in gamedev (not on point and click games) and just finished making a point and click game in my spare time with my friend Smile.

Cool! I’d like to check out that game, if you wouldn’t mind putting a link in your next comment.

This is kinda off topic, but I happen to like Andrew Plotkin’s text adventures, and there’s a list of all his games for free here:
https://eblong.com/zarf/if.html

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Monkan has already posted a thread about their game. No need for another link here.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2020-06-21

PM

Been gaming since the Commodore 64 days and spent my formative years with an Amiga 500 and 1200.

One enduring memory of adventure gaming in the early days wasI remembering having 4 floppy disks for Monkey Island and 11 floppy disks for Monkey Island 2! Also played other stuff like Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder.

Favourite adventure game series is Broken Sword; especially 1, 2, and 5. Very fond of the wonderful artwork and captivating stories.

Looking to get stuck into some of the more modern adventure games out there - any recommendations?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top