• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-01-03

PM

Hello, everyone. I’m around since 2014, but this is my first post here Meh

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-01-19

PM

Hi! I’m Sascha. I run a tiny point and click adventure game developing studio with my brother Simon. Thought I’d join in here and see what’s going on. I’ve used AG a LOT for finding out what games to play but I’ve never actually used the forum I think. So Hi!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Tideshell!  What are some of your favorite games?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-01-23

PM

Hi, all. Smile I’m Kat. I’ve been playing adventure games since the mid 90s starting with Myst and I still enjoy them today. I’m a developer as well and run a small game studio - we are working on a big adventure game ourselves. Nice to meet you all.

Looking for your next space adventure? Check out Second Star, a sci-fi adventure RPG.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-01-23

PM

Hi Guys!

We’re a small italian indie studio that love adventure game! We created our own hidden object game and will soon be available on Steam! We’ll create a topic or a post in the forum Soon Smile

Byee!
Federico

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2020-01-24

PM

Hey everyone. I’m Taco or Taco Salad and I’m a Twitch streamer that, at the moment, stream exclusively adventure games. My goal is to play every PC adventure game out there worth playing (and some that probably aren’t worth play, as I recently played Urban Runner). I’ve found it difficult to figure out exactly what defines and adventure game while making my list of games to play and I found some site definition too broad for me, which brought me here. You can find me on Twitch under the name “tacosalad77”.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-02-02

PM

Hello everyone! New to the site. Been on the search for new games as I’ve searched the internet far and wide for another experience.

Favorites have been Lost Crown, Black Mirror, Sanitarium,..and so many more!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to all our newbies!  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-02-12

PM

Hello Sailor! My name is Sav.

I have been adventure gaming since 1983 on the C64.

While living in Tel Aviv at ICQ headquarters in the 90s I have seen many adventure games come and go.  Good ones are hard to find nowadays.  Heart

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Hello!

My name is Dakota but when going by my gamer tag you can just call me Cel.

So I love adventure games a lot.  It is probably my 2nd favorite genre of game just after RPG, and every time I go to the game store, I ask the clerk if they have any suggestions for adventure games, and they just look at me like I’m an idiot or they try to sell me some dragon ball z game, that I’m assuming is a fighting game.

Anyways a few of my favorites include:

Sanitarium, Fran Bow, Theresia Dear Emile, the entire zero escape series (9 hours 9 persons 9 doors), and I really really love the old quest for glory series.  I thought the adventure game genre was dead, until it came back with a vengeance, and better than ever in Quantic dream games, until dawn, even that one company I forget what they are called… They made the Unavowed (one of the best modern adventure games ever).

I tend to like things with lots of magic (so I’m interested in playing loom)
and I tend to prefer retro gaming to modern gaming.

Something you may have noticed is that I like games on consoles as well as PC.  Some consoles manage the adventure game genre better than others like DS and wii.

Anyways I also like to read terry pratchett and philip k dick novels, and I’m a professional American Sign Language Interpreter.

I try to always be very respectful and kind because that’s how I was raised, but I noticed a lot other types of games like shooters seem to attract people that are very nasty and mean.  I don’t know what that’s about, but I found this site because I google searched nice gamers…

I’m pleased to make your acquaintances!
And I look forward to us being friends!  I don’t have a ton of gamer friends in real life, but I was hoping to make some here! (Insert appropriate smiley face)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I didn’t really grow up with adventure games.  I’m 27 (i think?  it changes every year… kinda ridiculous really) and although I owned a few adventure games as a kid I DID NOT Understand them at all!  They were very pretty and cool but I could never make any progress in any of them.  They were just so different from mario, or sonic, or even final fantasy that I didn’t have a schema of like what I should be doing, or how I should go about doing it.  It wasn’t until I was an adult that I started to play adventure games, but I like them best because they often emphasize exploration and story over twitchy high paced action game play.  I have no skillz to pay the billz T_T

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to AG, Pumbaz and Cel!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-12-25

PM

i’m new here and i already love adventuregames forum Smile Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

We love you too man for just making your voice heard, Welcome to the core of the genre where people (many) here have 40 years experience of playing adventure games. Smile

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2020-03-25

PM

Hey I’m new here, my name is Francis and I’m from Canada. Happy to be here!

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Hello Francis from Canada!  We are happy to have you here!  You will find that I talk entirely too much, but am relatively benign

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top