• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2019-02-01

PM

Don’t know if that question is directed at me or not, but here goes.
The Myst series but especially Riven - not keen on Obduction at all.  Timelapse, Obsidian and lately Xing.  So basically, point and click preferably without inventory items or fighting. I love fancy graphics but having said that, I really enjoyed The Dig which is so retro… Schism 2 over Schism 1, the Atlantis stories, Journeyman projects… and a whole bunch of other ancient copy cat games. Lately enjoyed Talos principle, and Xing which is so pretty it’a like a holiday.  Little games like Machinarium are fun but I often find myself needing a hint and in a game like Rhem I just need to be helicoptered out.  Grin

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Caroline Anne - 03 February 2019 10:35 PM

Greetings from Australia where the summers are so hot the best thing to do is stay in and play adventure games. Smile Smile

Great to see you here. I’ll be checking in more often now.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Caroline Anne - 05 February 2019 01:12 AM

Don’t know if that question is directed at me or not, but here goes.
The Myst series but especially Riven - not keen on Obduction at all.  Timelapse, Obsidian and lately Xing.  So basically, point and click preferably without inventory items or fighting. I love fancy graphics but having said that, I really enjoyed The Dig which is so retro… Schism 2 over Schism 1, the Atlantis stories, Journeyman projects… and a whole bunch of other ancient copy cat games. Lately enjoyed Talos principle, and Xing which is so pretty it’a like a holiday.  Little games like Machinarium are fun but I often find myself needing a hint and in a game like Rhem I just need to be helicoptered out.  Grin

Hi Caroline Anne Smile
It’s funny how different our brains work! I can’t cope with the Schizm games because maths is not my strong point and some puzzles require you to know different base systems etc but Rhem is quite enjoyable for me for some reason despite some people finding it hard.

Joined 2019-02-01

PM

cyfoyjvx- how do you remember your name? - it’s just a crazy collection of letters like one of those prove you’re not a robot things.  (You’ll probably come back and say it has deep emotional significance now and I’ll have to issue a grovelling apology….Wink

I liked Rhem. I tried to understand it. I wanted to do it.  I believed I could but I kept getting lost and without some visual clues, the brick walls all looked the same.  I really needed a buddy in that game, someone to shout coooeee over the walls so I could find them… I did find interesting pipes and light consoles but never found my way back to them again to conduct essential experiments.  Right now, I’m just a weathered skeleton slumped on a little used, dark landing somewhere waiting for the rescue party to find me and say, oops, too late, wonder who she was, well let’s get on to find the person we REALLY came to find…..  I hope the bastard who stole my train feels guilty as hell.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome Caroline from Down Under!  Hmmm.  Could it be?  (If she mentions chocolate then I’ll know it’s her.)

Also, a belated welcome to jmjm and raspberry.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-02-01

PM

Dear Lady K, yes it’s me. Smile

ps, where are the smileys?

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Caroline Anne - 06 February 2019 09:47 AM

Dear Lady K, yes it’s me. Smile 

ps, where are the smileys?

Double welcome then!

To see the smileys, use Post Reply instead of Fast Reply.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2019-02-25

PM

New here. Been lurking these forums for some time and finally decided to join.
A +35 guy from Sweden, who has enjoyed adventure games since childhood with my first computer, a Amiga 500. And you can probably guess my favourite game (serie).  Smile

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Guybrush82 - 25 February 2019 04:48 PM

New here. Been lurking these forums for some time and finally decided to join.
A +35 guy from Sweden, who has enjoyed adventure games since childhood with my first computer, a Amiga 500.

Welcome!
What games did you play on the Amiga 500? Anything in particular that got you into the genre, or was it all Guybrush’s fault? Smile

And you can probably guess my favourite game (serie).  Smile

Myst? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-02-25

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2019 04:57 PM

Welcome!
What games did you play on the Amiga 500? Anything in particular that got you into the genre, or was it all Guybrush’s fault? Smile

One of my other favorite-games on the Amiga was “Loom”. Another great game imo.

Since then I went on playing mostly o PC.

Myst? Tongue

Believe it or not, but I’ve never played “Myst”. I’m more of a “2D-pixle-junkie”.

My most recent finished game was “Simon the Sorcerer”, which I finished just last night. And now onto “Simon the Sorcerer II”.  Smile

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guybrush82 - 26 February 2019 06:56 AM

I’m more of a “2D-pixle-junkie”.

Then, you could have chosen a more appropriate avatar. Grin Alas, it could have been worse:

Just kidding! Sarcastic Welcome on board!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2019-02-25

PM

diego - 26 February 2019 10:41 AM
Guybrush82 - 26 February 2019 06:56 AM

I’m more of a “2D-pixle-junkie”.

Then, you could have chosen a more appropriate avatar. Grin Alas, it could have been worse:

Just kidding! Sarcastic Welcome on board!

You got me there Wink

And thanks for the welcome. Smile

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-03-10

PM

Hello, everyone! I’m a big fan of Grim Fandango and all things LucasArts, and I’m hoping to find an awesome community built around even more great games like it while I’m here. BTW anyone here played Aline Incident? It’s surprisingly quite good and easily available.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Welcome to the both of you! It’s my privilege to extend to you a laurel and hearty handshake! ( Wink )

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Ah, Blazing Saddles….I once stumbled on this DVD and didn’t know it at all, boy was I in for a treat ;-)

I’m never quite sure, but is this quote a direct reference to “Laurel & Hardy” or is that a mere coincidence?
It does sound very alike, but if it did, I never understood the pun.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top