• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hi, Alex.  Welcome. Smile

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi Moram, welcome to the forums. I hope you have a good time here Smile

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hi everyone. I’m a 31-year-old adventure-game-enthusiast from France. I’ve been reading Adventure Gamers for years but only started lurking on the forums a few months ago. I especially enjoy investigations and well-written comedy, but I’m willing to try out games from various genres as long as they’re not too scary or action sequence-laden Grin. Pleased to meet you all!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi Nicky, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thank you, tsa!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-08-08

PM

Hi, Krister from Sweden here.

I grew up on adventure games like Monkey Island, Police Quest and you know, the classics.

My favorites in no order are Gabriel Knight, Beneath a steel sky and Grim Fandango.

I always plan to play more than I do but there are only so many hours in a day.

Beneath the Waves - Mystery Adventure Game

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Hey there!

Jonas here, a thirty-hack-cough-blrrblr-year old guy from Sweden who loves playing and making adventure games. Always excited to hear about any new releases coming out!

I’ve lurked on the site on and off for a number of years and i am currently working on a oldschool point & click project in my spare time (you can check out some prototypes/experiments here: http://kaffebaggel.newgrounds.com/ if you’d like).

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-09-21

PM

Hi. I’m Damian.

I’m a software developer since I was 13, a husband, a father of two lovely children and a fan of point & click adventure games.

The last 8 years Gasp I’ve been working in my spare time on a iOS game named Argh! Earthlings!, mainly because I wanted to learn Objective-C. Year by year the game evolved and in the end a funny old-school point & click adventure game come out. Cool

The game is listed in the Adventure Gamers game database already! Thanks to the AG team adding it! Heart Eyes
https://adventuregamers.com/games/view/33642

The core adventure engine is one of my biggest private projects so far. I’ve been using Inkscape and Audacity to create all the graphics and sounds by myself. Today it is available in English and German on Apple App Store worldwide. But I plan to port the game to Android as well, starting winter 2017.

For further information, visit the project’s site at arghearthlings.com/presskit.html (english).

If you’re one of those, who already support me by purchasing Argh! Earthlings!, please let me know what you like and dislike the most in the game. I’m very interested in your opinion. Thanks for that! Thumbs Up

If you want to know more about me, visit my blog at damianthater.com (german only).

Bye! Wink

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Hi, I’m SG from the UK.

Been gaming for years and have stumbled onto this site when looking for info on adventure games on twitter. Seemed nice, so I thought I’d join in.

I’m not the biggest adventure gamer, but when I do find a game in this genre I like I tend to find it dominates my time over new or “popular” games. I was first introduced to the genre from playing Broken Sword 1 on the PS1. I then found Broken Sword 2 and have kept discovering adventure since. I’d say the Broken Sword series is probably my favourite, but I’m sure there’s plenty of other great games out there.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi SG, welcome to the forums! Broken Sword 1 and 2 are both very good adventure games. The ones after that rely too much on action and fast reflexes to my taste but the fifth episode was fun again. More adventure-like.
If you like detectives, try out the Tex Murphy games and Frogwares’ Sherlock Holmes games!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2017-09-25

PM

Thanks tsa. I’ve heard of the Sherlock Holmes game by frogware but have yet to play them. Not sure mind, hehe. I can’t seem to get into the Tex Murphy games sadly. I find the way they’re designed with real people dressed up quite off putting for some reason.

Thanks though.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hello all,

I am newbie here. I would like to say hello to this community. Please accept me guys.

Thanks for your time!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hi MIke, welcome to the forums. What games do you like?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Hi guys, I’m the newest member of the crew. For my background, I’m a Web Designer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books well now it is a light novel on the internet now. I do hope to get along with everyone.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-11-02

PM

Thanks a lot mate. lol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top