• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Creed - 4/5

Directed by Ryan Coogler this is

* the 7th Rocky movie
* A remake of the original
* A Spin Off
* The best movie in the franchise since the original

It’s probably a bit of all of them.

This time around it focuses on the young Adonis Johnson, a bad boy who has bounced from state home to state home, always fighting and getting in trouble. The movie opens with him in Juvie when Apollo Creed’s wife comes in and tells him he is Apollo’s son and offers him a home.

Years later he has a good job, drives and expensive car. Nobody takes him seriously as a fighter because hes a rich boy now. So he quits his life of luxury and moves to Philidelphea to seek out his dads old mate Rocky and get him to train him.

Stallone is on top form in this film as an old Rocky Balboa who has quit the life and runs a resteraunt called Adrians’ after his dead wife.

The movie doen’t do anything massivly different with the formula of boxing, training and the big fight at the end, in fact it follows the original film quite closely with the unlikly challenger getting a shot at the title storyline.

The acting is top knotch all around, they actually get a good relationship going between Rocky and Creed’s son. The direction of the movie is great, look out for the fight in the middle of the movie which is one unbroken shot from the dressing room to the end of the fight (it’s amazing).

I think it has revitalized the series and the best movie since the Oscar winning 1st film.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Creepy, Atmospheric, Brutal western horror.
Dont watch trailer, if you intend to watch it.
Kurt Russel is tailor made for westerns, got me more charged up for Hateful8.

4/5

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Star Wars - Force Awakens

loved it.

5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Meticulously crafted script and dialogues. Complimented by stellar cast and brilliant acting.
Glad my Justified/Sheild favorite Walton Goggins got his big large role and he delivered hard with Leigh and Samuel.
These 3 stood out the most.
Tarantino’s best effort , its amazing how core screenplay, dialogues, performances make it so riveting and intriguing that you forget that most of the film is shot in one location. Morricone music made it feel like old classic shot in HD, oldschool music , infact he used some of the tracks which weren’t included in The Thing.

4.5/5

Now that year is ending, my top fav of this year,

1.Hateful8
2.It Follows
3.MadMax
4.Sicario
5.Bonetomahawk

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No Star Wars talk? Finally saw it. First impression is that it is great. Really liked the new cast, surprisingly even Kylo Ren was very interesting, although I was disappointed Poe has so little time on screen. Rey and Finn had great presence and chemistry.
Kind of like Jurassic World where it borrows a lot from the original movie but much better. No wonder it’s destroying all box office records. And, of course, looking forward to see where they’ll go next.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yayy! Another one who’s seen it Smile

I really liked Poe and I hope we see more of him in the next one. Ren was also far more interesting then I thought he would be. His character really works as he himself admits he’s not like Darth Vader as he seeks his guidance. I wonder if he’ll confront Luke and realise he was wrong once Luke tells him Vader died knowing the wrong he had done.

Finn’s story seemed to trail off towards the end, but as this is clearly setup to be a trilogy, we’re only just getting started. Rey had more presence for me.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 28 December 2015 02:42 PM

Yayy! Another one who’s seen it Smile

I really liked Poe and I hope we see more of him in the next one. Ren was also far more interesting then I thought he would be. His character really works as he himself admits he’s not like Darth Vader as he seeks his guidance. I wonder if he’ll confront Luke and realise he was wrong once Luke tells him Vader died knowing the wrong he had done.

I loved that he just wears the mask all the time to sound all menacing when deep down it was just to hide his insecurities of stil being a student. The moment he takes it off Rey just manages to avoid his mind powers. Not sur about his arc, he might redeem himself since he was clearly struggling or become all powerful completely dark side.

Finn’s story seemed to trail off towards the end, but as this is clearly setup to be a trilogy, we’re only just getting started. Rey had more presence for me.

Yeah, Rey was definitely the star. Female jedi! Do you think she is some important character daughter or just someone force sensitive that Luke or someone abandoned in Jakku when he went away.
And Finn? Is he force sensitive? I thought it was weird when Ren felt comething in him in the beginning (and also that he managed to stand his ground a bit with the lightsaber.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think finn is, but I don’t think he’ll explore it as such. As for Rey, I think Luke’s involved someway, but I’m not sure he’s related.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Star Wars - Episode VII: The Force Awakens - 4/5

Runs on nostalgia, borrows heavily from the first film (and by that I mean A New Hope), and it still manages to have about the same quality as Episode IV did. Which makes it better than any of the last three.
It’ll also annihilate Avatar’s box office record. That 4 billion price tag for Lucasfilm will almost be paid back with this one alone… Tongue

Very glad to see that they had the balls to kill off a main character. I always had a feeling that either Chewie or Han was going to be killed off. I’m glad they picked the gutsier option.
And it amazes me how after all those films, games, animated series, etc. and all those different light sabers, the coolest one is STILL Luke’s old plain blue saber… Cool

Just in time for all the speculation here. Tongue

wilco - 28 December 2015 01:43 PM

I was disappointed Poe has so little time on screen.

I agree.
It doesn’t help that Oscar Isaac is one of the most talented actors of his generation and one of the very best ones working at the moment. Category Fassbender, if you ask me.

His character really works as he himself admits he’s not like Darth Vader as he seeks his guidance. I wonder if he’ll confront Luke and realise he was wrong once Luke tells him Vader died knowing the wrong he had done.

I *hope* they don’t pick the redemption card. It worked very well with Vader but it shouldn’t work all the time. Here’s a character that hopefully proves beyond salvation. Story line has potential, though. Regardless of what they pick.

Finn will play a big part still. And I think he’s also very much force-sensitive. Just not as gifted as Rey. Curious to see where they’ll go with him.

wilco - 28 December 2015 03:08 PM

Yeah, Rey was definitely the star. Female jedi! Do you think she is some important character daughter or just someone force sensitive that Luke or someone abandoned in Jakku when he went away.

I think she’s some important character’s daughter. Maybe even Luke’s. It would make sense, given the way this worked in the previous films. Tongue

And Finn? Is he force sensitive? I thought it was weird when Ren felt comething in him in the beginning (and also that he managed to stand his ground a bit with the lightsaber.

Don’t forget that Ren was injured by Chewie’s bowcaster, but yeah, I also think he’s force sensitive. I think Poe Dameron is too. Heck, I even think Han Solo is (constantly being at the center of important events is no mere coincidence imo).
Not every force-sensitive person needs to become a Jedi, imo.

Tad - 28 December 2015 03:35 PM

I think finn is, but I don’t think he’ll explore it as such. As for Rey, I think Luke’s involved someway, but I’m not sure he’s related.

As is obvious from my above remarks: I very much agree!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 28 December 2015 07:30 PM

Very glad to see that they had the balls to kill off a main character. I always had a feeling that either Chewie or Han was going to be killed off.

Harrison Ford probably said we’d only be back if he got killed in the first one Smile, he did say he thought Han Solo should have died in RotJ

TimovieMan - 28 December 2015 07:30 PM

It doesn’t help that Oscar Isaac is one of the most talented actors of his generation and one of the very best ones working at the moment. Category Fassbender, if you ask me.

Having seen Ex-Machina I’d have to agree, awesome works. And to think he’ll be going against Fassbender and McAvoy in X-Men Smile

In a related note, I was surprised to read that Domhnall Gleeson was General Hux because watching I didn’t recognized him from Ex-Machina.

Rey might be related to Obi-Wan just to change things a bit.

Also liked how they basically destroyed the Republic and all the boring politics of the prequel trilogy in a small explosion sequence. Maybe Jar Jar should have been in the that planet somewhere Tongue

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm…I never thought about Rey being Obi Wan’s relation. Ewan Mcgregor was brought in to say a few lines in a blink and you’ll miss it way. You know when Rey first picks up Luke’s lightsaber? Ewan says “you’ve just taken your first steps into a large world”. It’s faint and distorted, but it is him. I’m sort of hoping it’s his sisters child or something though. Seems odd that this would get thrown out there now otherwise.

As for the force, it’s been said many times in books etc that many people use the force without realising it. Poe most certainly has it too, as a lot of pilots listen to it. That doesn’t mean they choose to become jedi etc though. It’s kind of like they’re just using their instincts.

I kind of hope this means we’ll see the new generation of Jedi move away from some of the silly ideas of the old ways that bought on so much of the mess in the first place though.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I was disappointed by part VII. Too Disney, far too predictable and it contained some pretty bad acting too. But the way it looked was much much better than part I - III and much more like the first three movies, which was very good. It was definitely not all bad. I gave it a 7/10 on IMDB.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I saw The Blues Brothers on Canvas yesterday. Unfortunately not all of it but the biggest part of it I ever saw. It’s a fantastic movie: it has a great cast, is very funny and how many cars did they destroy in there?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 01 January 2016 09:32 PM

I saw The Blues Brothers ... and how many cars did they destroy in there?

All of them. Grin

And then they topped that in the (nowhere near as good) sequel. Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Do you mean the Blues Brothers 2000?

It’s not as good as the original, but I do find it a harmless sequel for what it is.

It didn’t damage or leave a bad taste like so many sequels do.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top