• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

escape from monkey island using residual vm

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Someone had said that I could play EfMI using residual vm and I have been trying to get it to work all money.  when I go to D on residual, it says it can’t find any games. So, I made a folder and copied the files to this separate folder and put it in program files 86 and tried to get the game to run from there and it still said that it couldn’t find any games. Can someone please tell me how to work this?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The instructions are here. Make sure to also check the page with the required data files.

Also, you need to download a development version. The latest release does not support EfMI.

However, using a development version of ResidualVM means it might have bugs. You might be better off giving up on it altogether and try this updated installer/launcher instead.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I am like Kurufinwe: looking always for a way to play old games. And the best thing to do is look for “homemade” Setups that can make the old ones to run in the new computers. I agree that the best is to try the new installers. I have a dozen “new installers/setups” for old dos/win games and they all work just fine.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

thank you for the advice. I downloaded the new installer and it is on my desktop now.  What do I do with it to make the game work?  I can’t even install the monkey island game from the disk so I can’t add it to the files. I can’t seem to get residual vm to work yet as it doesn’t find any games.  Any help would be so much appreciated!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

mbday630 - 24 April 2015 06:49 PM

I downloaded the new installer and it is on my desktop now.  What do I do with it to make the game work?

Launch the installer?

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Thank you.  woot woot. I was thinking I had to put it in my residualvm place and all I had to do was launch it!  duh. I can’t believe I can play it now.  Now to try and figure out all the keyboard commands.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top